Posted September 11, 2009

West Morgan Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2009
This school has a great principal and great teachers who are truly concerned with the children's education. Both of my son's attended WM elementary and i:m more than pleased with the quality of care and education.

Posted February 01, 2008
Love it, love it, love it! Our son is in kindergarten and reading on a 2nd-3rd grade level. His teacher is fabulous and we love the nuturing and friendly environment. We are so happy to be at WME and we plan to be here for many years to come!

Posted January 03, 2008
My child is in Kindergarten at WME I am so amazed at what she learned in just the first semester. She is already reading and writing. She has the best teacher and every time I go to help at the school all the staff is wonderful. I am grateful to have her attending she a wonderful school.

Posted August 15, 2006
We had heard so many wonderful things about WM before my 1st child was even in school, so when it was time, we moved into WM district, 7 years ago. It was the best decision we could have ever made. Now, we have 2 children that attend West Morgan Schools, one in 2nd Grade and the oldest is now in 7th. All the teachers my girls have had over the years have been truely helpful in my girls well being, education and most of all, a wonderful outlook on life in general. My girls enjoy school, treat their friends, teachers and classmates with respect. My oldest was chosen for Nat Junior Honor Society and that tells me that my daughter's teachers must be doing something right! WM parents and teacher, in general, I think love this area. Everyone here has the WM SPIRIT!

Posted May 23, 2006
I couldn't have chosen a better school for my child to go to. My child is in the third grade now and continues to be doing very well academicly. My worse fear was that my child not have a teacher help him or interact with me and his dad on the problems that he faced, but I can honestly say that the teachers work very hard toward the education of our children. The schools sports have also helped to keep my child involved. I also appreciate the fact that frequent updates about the school and educational oppertunities are always sent home in the newsletter. I can't think of another school that I would like my child to attend other than West Morgan. Thanks,

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student
Awesome school! I received an excellent education at West Morgan. I am now pursuing my degree in elementary education because of the wonderful teaching and leadership. The teachers are wonderful, the students are friendly, and the lunches are good. Thanks West Morgan!

West Morgan Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2003
I am relatively critical of West Morgan as a school, but the parent who claimed that the principal was not involved, the bathrooms are dirty, and lunches are horrible is way off base. Yes, West Morgan has quite a few teachers who are detrimental to the reputation of teachers everywhere, but the school is very clean, the lunches are not only good, but offer a wide variety of foods to the students, and Mr. Kimbrell is the most involved, dedicated principal I have ever known. He was at nearly every softball game last year, and he even went to Montgomery to cheer the girls on at State Playoffs. He is at most if not all of the football games, and nearly every basketball game. The man single handedly painted the parking lot this year so the lines would be clear and the kids could have designated parking spaces. They don't come much better than that. My only complaint is that a couple of the teachers at West Morgan seem to delight in flunking students...and have even BRAGGED about it. And too many teachers are coaches who are not actually teaching, but rather simply assigning pages to be read and questions to be answered. That is not teaching. Of course then there are dedicated professionals like Mrs. Marquart, Mrs. French ( who sadly left West Morgan last year to become a reading specialist at Cedar Ridge), Mrs. Mac, and Mrs. Jarnagin who go way beyond the call of duty to teach our kids and prepare them for the future.

West Morgan Elementary School
571 Old Hwy 24, Trinity, AL  35673
Last modified West Morgan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Morgan Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top