Wetumpka, AL

Posted January 17, 2013
When moving here we were told this was one of the best schools in Alabama, so far I am not impressed. The principals and counselors are pretty good.. The teachers are not very accessible to parents or their concerns. They don't seem to be to caring if your child is failing or passing.

Posted October 28, 2011
This school is like the Government. Not focused on teaching students what they need to learn, but how they feel what they need to do to just get by and pass them. All about reaching that goal so they want get a low rating. Alabama needs Charter Schools but then the Teachers Union don't won,t them. We are one of the 8 states that don,t offer a choice. This is sad and shows that Alabama is always the last State to change.

Posted October 03, 2009
The school have a wonderful support system for our students.

Wetumpka Intermediate School

Posted January 20, 2009
I love this school! My children really enjoy being there. They have met a ton of friends and have comented on how well the teachers,P.E. teachers,etc. treat them. I really think this school is the best one I have put my trust in for my kids.

Posted December 11, 2008
I love WIS! We moved our child from Edgewood Academy to WIS and we are very impressed. The staff is very caring, the school is very clean and modern. The overall atmosphere of the staff is 'very dedicated' when it comes to children. I could 'kick' myself for not putting my child sooner!

Wetumpka Intermediate School 1

Posted March 26, 2008
Bathrooms stay dirty, to much homework, school starts to early

Wetumpka Intermediate School 3

Posted March 28, 2007
When you have a child in school all day and then they come home with 2-3 hours of homework to do that is just way too much...when are they suppose to be kids! Not all children are the same and they do not all work at the same pace. I'm somewhat disappointed in WIS only for that reason.

Wetumpka Intermediate School 4

Posted November 21, 2006
So far, my children have done well and are enjoying the 4th grade. The teachers all seem to enjoy their job and are giving a well rounded education to the students. I think the teacher who said discipline starts at home is entirely correct, if we the parents don't discipline the children and teach them the correct manners at home, how in the world can we expect someone else to take care of them? If a child will not sit still and listen, how can that child learn? Parents, it is your job to start the respect process...Please, thank you, yes sir, yes mam, these are all building blocks for a well adjusted and well rounded person.

Posted January 23, 2006
I agree wholeheartedly with the parent who stated this school makes too much of 'trivial' things the kids say and do, especially the boys. I also think that special needs children, even Gifted children are not supported and encouraged here. These children often have low social skills and impulse control issue as well as being 'gifted' and they are shuffled around and labled 'bad' children, often to the detriment of their grades and self-esteem.

Posted August 28, 2005
As a teacher at this school, I feel that it is the best in the county. We have an excellent administrative staff as well as teaching staff. I am a firm believer that discipline begins at home. If the child is disobedient at home, then he/she will be at school. We need parents who are willing to help, not those who look for bad things. Many of our parents are so quick to judge the teachers based on what they 'heard' in the community. We have a difficult job and need parental support to help us become the best teachers. When I walk into my classroom, I take on the role of teacher, mother, aunt, sister, friend, counselor, and most of all a prayer warrior. I constantly pray for my students, the faculty, and the parents.

Wetumpka Intermediate School
1000 Micanopy St, Wetumpka, AL  36092
Last modified Wetumpka Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wetumpka Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top