K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Grace Christian School is a ministry of Anchorage Grace Church and educates students in the context of Christian values, so that they would live godly lives in service to others. Grace was founded in Anchorage, Alaska in 1980 and has a strong tradition over-preparing students in grades K–12 in a rigorous Christian college prep environment. Our Vision: “Educating leaders with a passion for Jesus Christ through the integration of faith and learning.” Because we believe that in Jesus Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col. 2:3), we actively integrate biblical faith into every educational experience whether in the classroom or out. Our Mission: “Grace Christian School, working together with the home and church, provides a Christ-centered spiritual, academic, and physical foundation in a nurturing environment to produce citizens who will be a transforming influence in their world.” At every opportunity, we encourage students in their relationship with Jesus and their rigorous pursuit of excellence. We endeavor to train young people to become Christian leaders in their homes, churches, and communities. As a staff, we take great delight in partnering with more than 300 Christian homes and 75 churches in providing students with this Christ-centered educational foundation that will equip them for transforming their world. Renewing minds to renew their world! Grace holds dual accreditation through the Association of Christian Schools International and the Northwest Accreditation Commission. The school is a member of the Alaska Schools Activities Association, and competes statewide in athletics, music, and academics. Student excellence is recognized through a chapter of the National Honor Society founded in 1993.
March 10, 2017

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Biblical Disciples Through the integration of faith and learning our students recognize Jesus Christ as the model for spiritual, emotional, social, and academic development. They also understand that they are made by God in His own image, are unique in personality and potential, and have a purpose and role in God’s plan for the world now and throughout their entire life. Integrity Driven Culture By cultivating an integrity driven culture at Grace, we see reflections of the basic doctrine and precepts found in God’s word in the lives and faith of our students. Students learn to exhibit ethical and moral application of a biblical world view and apply that to the world in which they live – families, churches and their community. College Ready Scholars Educating our students to become college ready scholars begins by embracing biblical excellence while committing to develop their God-given intellectual potential in all areas of study – reading, writing, speaking and listening. Our students are also challenged to develop and refine critical thinking skills in research, logic and problem solving, from kindergarten to graduation so they are prepared for what comes next.
Posted March 10, 2017

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 10, 2017

The school is very structured. It is designed to make sure each student can be successful after leaving. They are very organized and helpful. I am always informed on how my kids are doing. I highly recommend sending your kids here!

The quality of education here is outstanding. The teachers are very skilled and work well with the students. It's an open forum here; I feel that I am always included in my sons education and what is going on around the school.

The communication between the staff at Grace Christian School and us parents is a huge selling point for us. Whenever we have any questions or concerns, the administration and teachers are very responsive and are always willing to work through any issues. We have wonderful relationships with the staff and we know we can trust them with our children. They are very invested in our son and daughter's futures, and we hugely appreciate that. We highly recommend Grace Christian School in Anchorage!

Everything about Grace Christian School is playing a huge role in our son's future. He is taking classes that suit him, and is doing well in them. He also is becoming involved with extracurricular activities which has helped him become acclimated to the new environment. Athletics has allowed him to meet new people and his new friends. Also, the school is preparing him for college because of the level of classes he is taking. The school gives him the materials he needs to be successful in academics and his future in general.

My son just entered the first grade this past fall. He really enjoys it and is very excited to get involved in some of the extracurricular actives they offer there (when he gets a little older.) Also, I really appreciate how accommodating and open the teaching staff is with me, they are always willing to take the time to discuss whatever we want to talk about. We plan to keep him there for the entirety of his academic career. -Robert-

My daughter has been a student at Grace Christian School since she was in kindergarten, she is now in the eighth grade. My husband and I, as well as my daughter, have had nothing but a positive experience the entire time. She is really comfortable talking to all the teachers when she needs to, and the teachers are always available to talk to parents as well. We wouldn't be paying money to send our child to Grace Christian School if it wasn't the absolute best. - R.V-

My daughter has been going to Grace Christian School for 10 years now and my other 3 daughters graduated. I could not ask for a better education for my daughter. They teach her the ways of life and the some of the curriculum is focused around Christianity. I have had 3 daughters graduate from Grace and each one of them has had a successful life. I feel good dropping them off each morning and I always know they are in good hands. The school is very clean and the teachers are so caring about each individual. They want the best to come out of their students. If there ever is a problem at school, the communication is always very direct. All of my daughters have played sports for Grace and the coaching staff is also amazing. I recommend Grace to everyone in the area and I want to thank them for educating my kids.

My son attends Grace Christian School and he is in the first grade. We are so happy that we found a school that is the perfect fit for him. He loves his teachers and so do we There is constant communication between the parents and the staff. There is even an online-link that allows us to access his current academic progress. We are very hands-on parents, and we feel that Grace promotes our involvement and that makes us feel very comfortable. - Teresa B. -

Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12