Atheneum School 1

Posted February 12, 2010

Posted October 15, 2009
Atheneum is somewhere I feel free. No question is stupid or shooken off because it's supposed to be a commonly known fact. No idea isn't good enough, and when you get a chance to think for yourself for the first time you'll never want it any other way. I love atheneum and I reccommend it to anyone

Posted August 14, 2009
Atheneum is a great school, full of happy, curious, and down-to-earth young people. If you want your son or daughter to be challenged by rigorous and imaginative curricula; inspired by dedicated and knowledgeable teachers; and educated in safe and friendly classrooms, then you cannot do better than Atheneum. Warmly recommended.

Posted August 11, 2009
i am a student at atheneum and i have been for a little over a year. before coming to this school i was not interesting in learning at all, or atleast i thought i wasn't. the real problem was that i hadn't even learned how to learn yet. i knew how to memorize dates, and regurgitate rants about this or that. now i have learned to think independently of mass media, trends, and other things teens are brainwashed by these days. i have learned a lot about myself, and my friends through reading and careful dialouge. i highhhhhhly reccomend this school. you don't have to be a genious, you just have to open your mind.

Posted August 11, 2009
I graduated from Atheneum in 2009, after spending my entire high school career there. I think my studies there were much more interesting than those of my friends in other schools, as I greatly enjoyed reading the original and classic texts which are Atheneum's specialty. Any student who likes reading and discussing important books will greatly enjoy Atheneum. I relished my time there, and I hope more students can share the experience.

Posted August 10, 2009
This school has been a godsend for my daughter. The quality of education and the individual attention has been wonderful.

Atheneum School 0

Posted January 05, 2009
Finally we have found a real place of education. I have been pleasently surprised at my 9th graders increased maturity level in learning at Athenum School in Anchorage, AK. Thank you to the Staff.

Posted September 03, 2008
My son attended Atheneum as a sixth grader and is currently enrolled for the 2008/2009 school year as a seventh grader. Atheneum challenges him intellectually through allowing him to discover for himself the meaning and ideas presented by authors of original classic writings, those ideas are further fostered through the weekly seminars which give the students the opportunity to exchange ideas, view points and thoughts. The social setting at this school fosters accountability, kindness and a think-outside-of-the-box type of learning. He actually enjoys going to school!

Posted April 12, 2008
My daughter attends Atheneum School now. She had considered it before, but she was reluctant to leave the school of 2300 students where all her friends were. Eventually, she realized that Atheneum would be better for her, so she made the switch. She is thrilled with it, and now she's telling all her friends what an awesome school it is. After her first day, she said it was like a hard workout using a muscle she hadn't used before. She thoroughly enjoys her classes and even her homework. She probably learns more there each week than she learned each quarter in the public schools. They learn to be real thinkers there. They read and discuss the basic writings that lead to modern math, science, literature, economics, etc., instead of just getting their head crammed full of facts. The kids there are exited about learning. The kids there are excited about

Posted February 05, 2007
I am the parent of a current Atheneum school senior. My daughter has attended Atheneum for five years. During this time three exchange students who lived with us have attended Atheneum as well. Each has had a wonderful classroom and social experience.The teaching staff is excellent and the academic standards are high. Each student is challenged to perform at his highest level. There is individual attention and group work. This is the school for any highschool student who yearns to be treated with personal and intellectual respect.

Atheneum School