Kodiak High School 4

Posted June 09, 2014
Teachers are for the most part engaged and challenge the students. Tech courses are widely varied. Welding is top notch, while auto has slipped to sub standard. Academia is pushed heavily, as is college. If your kid wants to go to the military or tech route, be prepared to have administrative and some teachers bad mouth them. School administration is on some sort of power trip, and pushes curriculum that doesn't work, and will not listen to parents of teachers, instead hires curriculum experts to "train" the teachers to try to hid from parents the inadequate material. Overall the school is very good, and is actually much better than the Middle School. No idea how KMS got 9 and KHS only received a 7.... And the School Board has disengaged, and turned all power over to the superintendent, and will not take comments or criticism from the parents or public, and redirects all to the superintendent... Kind of like a dictatorship. Let the teachers teach traditional math, and the students math scores at college would improve. Many Seniors have graduated with "High" marks in Math at KHS, to only be placed in remedial Math at college. Good School, just be informed and involved as a parent.

Posted August 14, 2013
Being a new family to this school, I cannot comment on the actual school, administration & staff yet. But, I have to laugh at the review posted stating the school is "bad, pregnant women, smoking and drinking, etc." I think this is an age old thing in high schools? I consider myself a protective (sometimes over protective) parent but I am also realistic. So far, the kids and staff at KHS have been very kind & welcoming to our family. When I think of what some inner city schools are like along with places we've been so far (as a military family traveling often) I think KHS will be a welcomed change for our family. Some schools can be too big, overwhelming & too fast paced causing kids to feel stressed & less like kids. As parents we need to be in tune with our own children & know who, what, where and when. Although we can't control their EVERY move or choice, we can be vigilant & aware. This will help the "badness" of any school. Most kids with strong parental supervision will not fall into the category of "bad" that the person before me wrote of. However, we are all human & teens in particular are going to fall victim more so than most, no matter what school one attends.

Kodiak High School 0

Posted May 22, 2009
Bad, pregnant women, smoking and drinking, moving my child.

Posted April 07, 2008

Posted January 31, 2008

Kodiak High School 3

Posted July 02, 2007

Kodiak High School
917 Rezanof East, Kodiak, AK  99615
Last modified Kodiak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kodiak High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top