Peterson Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
I was not impressed by this school at all. The biggest problem I had was with the principle and not stopping bullying. My child was being bullied and the principle would not do anything to change the other child's behavior.

Posted March 26, 2009
Peterson is just about the best school we can imagine. There is a different approach to learning along with Alaska patience. Kids are seen as individuals and are treated as such. There is so much caring and involment from teachers, parents, principal and all faculty. I have not met one person involved with the school that I do not love. My duaghter is in Mrs. Raisley's Kindergarten class and could not love it more. Mrs. Raisley is nothing less than amazing in her teaching, caring and commitment. Not to mention her wonderful ideas for better learning. Families from bigger cities in the lower states may take some time to get used to the 'laid back' style of the school but will soon notice that this is the way a learning experience should be. Also, add in the 'safety factor' and it's nothing less than a parents dream.

Posted July 14, 2008
We've only been here a year but we have been very impressed with our first public school experience. Mr James is a wonderful teacher - especially for boys like our son that are active and noisy. He's the perfect amount of strict and fun. Our son blossomed under him - especially in math! Our daughter was in Mrs. Power's class and we were happy for the most part. We loved her as a teacher but were not excited about the 3rd/4th split class thing. It sounds good in theory but next year when she's in a straight 4th grade class, we'll see what happens. Nervous about that! However, the split did leave her math scores off the chart great! so, who knows. Peterson is a great school. Looking forward to another great year 2008/09!

Posted May 28, 2008
We were really lucky with what teachers my son got. They were able to work with him on an individual basis and really challenge him. He is now well above his grade level. The only draw back is that the gifted and talented program here only takes the top 95 percentile. He tested in the top 90. They said there is only one teacher for 2 schools, so they have to have very strict rules about it. I really enjoyed interacting with the teachers, and they take wonderful field trips!

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted January 09, 2005
My daughter started at Peterson in Kindergarten. She is now a second grader and we are still thrilled with Peterson. The atmosphere is warm and open. Parent involvement is welcome and appreciated. What a wonderful place to be!

Peterson Elementary School
Avenue G Bldg 550, Kodiak, AK  99615
Last modified Peterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peterson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top