Public charter
Palmer, AK

Posted May 27, 2014
My son has completed 3 years with Academy Charter and we could not be happier. The teachers are all amazing and the principal is phenomenal. We really feel like the "open door policy" is genuine at this school. Any time we have ever had a concern, we were able to discuss it with his teacher or principal and it was addressed instantly. I really felt like his teachers and the staff genuinely care a lot for each individual student. I feel so fortunate that my son was able to attend this school. We are moving out if state and I feel we will be hard pressed to find another school we love as much.

Posted January 16, 2014
This school is more traditional in its model then some in terms of a step-up approach but unique in the number of opportunities and options afforded to students inside and outside the classroom. The school values all subjects though some are covered less than others because of time constraints. Core subjects such as math, reading and grammar are very well covered. Their science program has a lot of strengths as well. Teachers work well with parents, children are by and large ability grouped, and the principal is excellent! On the whole this is probably one of the best K-8 options in the Valley. Homework is reasonable and generally does not interfere with family life.

Posted November 27, 2011
Academy's science and math instruction is the top in the state of Alaska. Hands on experiments, indepth learning, and opportunities to really challenge the student to think are just a few of the ways the teachers help students master scientific and mathematical thinking! My kids are so fortunate to be able to attend and learn at Academy! This school really lives up to their saying of "no shortcuts, no excuses!" They go all out for student learning!

Posted November 27, 2011
Academy's staff are dedicated to maximizing student learning! Staff collaborate and work as a team to create an environment that is conducive to learning. Staff work closely with parents and see parents as partners in education. Academy's staff are dedicated to being the best. The best in instruction! The best in student learning and achievement! Their constant effort to be on the cutting edge is evident in all they do! They work seamlessly, K - 8. They have the recipe for success!!!!

Posted June 17, 2010
Academy is a great learning enviroment! The staff from the teachers to the principal really care about their students.

Posted June 15, 2010
I have been a student at Academy Charter since Kindergarten and graduated from eighth grade this May. No school in the Valley could have prepared me better for not only high school, but for life. Because the classroom sizes range from about 22-28 per grade, as a student you develop strong relationships with your peers, and have more one-on-one time with the teachers. The classroom also has an excellent environment; seldom does one hear swearing; The students are respectful of the teachers and each other. In third grade, because I had tested out of both regular and advanced Language Arts and Math, I was allowed to take those classes with the fourth graders, without having to skip a grade. Little things like this have allowed me go into highschool with two credits that I can put on my transcript. Academy Charter is the best school in Valley, no doubt about it.

Posted August 27, 2008
My daughter attended Academy Charter school K-8th grade. She is now a junior in highschool. Academy set a solid foundation for her school career. My son is now in 8th grade and he has also attended since kindergarten. When my son started falling behind, the staff noticed immidiately and intervened. He is back on track, and we are grateful they didn't let him fall through the cracks. The teachers and staff are amazing, and I feel like they are a part of our family. I am going to miss them all when my son graduates.

Posted April 17, 2008

Academy Charter School 2

Posted May 18, 2007

Academy Charter School 0

Posted January 13, 2006
This is the best school ever. I can't believe it. Wonderful teachers, great students, and wonderful school. I love this school and you should come and see it!

Academy Charter School
801 East Arctic, Palmer, AK  99645
Last modified Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top