Anthem, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
Fantastic school! Would recommend to any family considering this area. Great teachers, staff and programs. Very accomodating to kids with differing needs.

Posted March 18, 2012
This is my daughter's 9 th year at Anthem. She loves her school, teachers, and the total Anthem experience. The staff have mentored her to be a confident, creative, caring, free thinker with strong achedemic and leadership skills. This school has encouraged her to believe that she can accomplish anything that she wants and her SSAT scores were high when compared nationally to 8th graders.

Posted October 23, 2011
We have been at Anthem Elementary for 1 year now and we love it! We love the teachers,and the students have been great helping us get acclimated. I wish the test scores were higher (we're from Chandler where test scores are in the 80's & 90's), but Anthem has been great in helping us with our 5th grader that struggles with ADHD. Great school with great staff.

Posted October 19, 2011
My kids have been going to Anthem Elementary for 7 yrs now and they love it. I have really loved all their teachers. Despite all the education budget cuts, these teachers really strive to give the best education. The Principal, Mr. Yennie, has always addressed any of my questions with respect. I absolutely love how seriously our school is taking the Anti-Bullying Campaign. My kids are excited to learn and be a part of making a change. It is not preaching to the kids, yet showing them positive ways they can be a part of making a positive change. Joli in the front office is amazing at handling all of the issues that come up and isI always see her treating parents with kindness and respect. She has been a HUGE help to me over the last few years! Love this school!

Posted August 05, 2011
I had to pleasure to work with Anthem School's Prevention committee on August 4 and 5, 2011, providing the Olweus Bully Prevention Program training. I am a certified Olweus trainer, consultant, counselor, and crisis therapist. The Olweus Bully Prevention Program (OBPP) is the most researched and best-known programs available today. OBPP has over 40 years of research behind it and has been implemented throughout the world. The program has received two of the highest honors a prevention program can obtain. The administration and staff at Anthem School are dedicated and passionate about school safety and bully prevention! As a result, they selected the best program because they want the best for their students! They will implement the Olweus Bully Prevention Program this October, 2011. This comprehensive program addresses bullying on the school level, classroom-level, individual-level, and Community-level, involving parents throughout! I will continue to consult with Anthem's prevention committee for the 2011-12 school year. I am excited to see the amazing prevention efforts that Anthem School puts forth!

Posted May 26, 2011
During the past week, the school counselor taught a lesson about friendship and conflict/resolution strategies to the 5th and 6th grade students. The feedback from the students, teachers and parents was very positive about the impact that the lesson had on the children. More lessons like these will continue next school year. In fact, the staff, students and parents will have the opportunity be trained in areas such as bullying prevention, raising the social/emotional quotient of children and other topics that are challenging our students today. Education and collaboration about how to prevent and address some of the difficult situations and choices that our children face is the key to maintaining a safe, happy learning environment

Posted May 11, 2011
Anthem School has been named National Aerospace Eduction School of the Year by Civil Air Patrol. And, even more exiting, one of our Kindergarteners has been named, National Aerospace Student of the Year! Way to to Anthem Schoool!!

Posted April 26, 2011
We haven't met but I wanted to let you know that you and your students significantly impacted my life and lives of many Haitian families. It is a tough week physically but more so emotionally. We met so many wonderful people and it's hard to understand how these people live like this everyday. I'm writing this email to you to let you know that the dresses that you and your students made were the highlight of my experience in Haiti. After installing the RainCatchers, we get to give gifts to the families. This gifts are typically some candy, granola bars or some used clothing. Bob handed my group the pillow dresses from your class and asked us to pass these out. I cannot tell you enough what absolute joy these dresses brought to these young girls.. And if you thought the little girls smiled, well you should have seen their mothers, they beamed with joy. It was so awesome. I wish you could have all been there to see the love and joy that you spread that day. I personally want to thank you and your students. The experience you gave me will never be forgotten and the love you all have for your fellow mankind shows so brightly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Patty

Posted April 26, 2011
Anthem School has been chosen by Deer Valley Unified School District to explore the placement of strings/orchestra back into schools. In 2011-2012 all 3rd graders at Anthem will have an orchestra unit built into their general music classes. Students will get to touch, play, feel, and experience the violin during their general music instruction. In 2012-2013 we will offer Orchestra to the 4th grade as an option for performance in our schools (just like band and chorus). Anthem School staff believe that the arts are important to a well rounded curriculum and this is a wonderful opportunity for our students and community. This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for Anthem Students who love the arts!

Anthem School 1

Posted March 12, 2011
This school is horrible when it comes to recognizing and dealing with bullying. I have compliained numerous times to the principal and assistant principal about incidents with my son and nothing ever gets done. Several instances with one particular child bullying my son had bordered on criminal conduct but were never handled properly. I wish there was a lower rating to give for this review. Rob

Anthem School
41020 N. Freedom Way, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Anthem School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anthem School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top