K-6 & Ungraded
Apache Junction, AZ

Posted May 23, 2014
The atmosphere of the school has changed tremendously this year. Some changes have been nice. There is an emphasis on art; and, after a rocky start, the pick-up procedure runs smoothly. But the majority of changes have been disappointing. The counselor no longer helps students like she did last year, she is the disciplinarian. Every time I am in the office, there is a little kid -- sometimes two or three -- in the "time out" chair waiting for their punishments. I volunteer, so I see kids sitting there for hours. Discipline is harsh. Even the nice kids in my neighborhood don't like school anymore. The principal is so condescending when she talks to parents. I overheard one parent call her Dolores Umbridge, if that gives you an idea. Also, my kids were taking tests every other day, there was no time for the teachers to teach! Enrollment is way down. I was told there would only be two classes at each of my kid's grade levels for next year. People are running away from this school.

Posted April 29, 2014
my child has been going to the school since he started school last year. me as a parent I see that some of the changes have been good and some of them have been bad. miss Goldman does not act as if she is the principal, where miss Goldman lax miss chain pick up the slack. my son used to love going to school and now it's a fight everyday to get him there. there are way too many kids in the classrooms for teachers to actively do their jobs. last year Mr B was awesome, and the teachers and children see more happier. the test scores are the reflection of what the teachers and children are going through this year. there are lots of bullying going on at the school, and the office staff does nothing to help the children.

Peralta Trail Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2014
I think Peralta Trail tries very hard to give every student an excellent opportunity to excel. The Principal does a super job at maintaining the excellence of the school. The teachers work very hard keeping order in the classrooms. The commitment of the entire staff shows in the happiness of the students.

Posted March 19, 2014
This used to be a great school academically and socially, not anymore. There is a new administration this year and the learning environment has changed dramatically. My child used to love school, but can now barely stand to be there. The teachers are trying but communication from the school has dropped to almost nothing and parent involvement is way down. It's sad to see kids turned off from school and learning because of the policies of unprofessional administrators.

Posted January 29, 2014
The inmates (teachers) have taken over the asylum. Leadership has been lacking the last two years, and a change in the administrator (new principle) does not appear to be having much of an impact. This school has had declining test scores the last three years, and enrollment is declining due to parents realization that this isn't the same crown jewel of the district that it was several years ago.

Peralta Trail Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
Great school but I hate the new principal's, Heidi Goelmon, pick-up procedure. I have to wait 15 FIFTEEN minutes to pick up my son. We have to wait in a line outside in the blazing hot sun to pick up our kids. I mean come on my kids went here for seven years and I never had a problem. I wake up at 5:00am and when I go to pick up my kid i am so tired and I have to stand for fifteen minutes. I really wish she would change that. They say it's safer but it's not. It is a big injustice and punish to the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 06, 2009
As a member of the community, PTES is always reaching out to the surrounding area: whether asking us to participate in the school through volunteerism, inviting us to fun events on school grounds, or making sure the kids that attend the school are taught pillars of character and respect. I consider PTES a highlight of our community.

Peralta Trail Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2009
PTES is a great school with a dedicated staff.

Posted October 05, 2009
We are the best school because we offer the best programs. We have a schoolyard habitat learning center, and an observatory on the way. The teachers are dedicated and our PAWS program really supports the school!

Posted October 05, 2009
This school is like a family. Everyone, staff,students, and parents get along well and are always willing to do what they need to do to go 'That Extra Mile!'

Peralta Trail Elementary School
10965 E. Peralta Rd., Apache Junction, AZ  85218
Last modified Peralta Trail Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peralta Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top