Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 31, 2016
I admit this school was very nice before the budget cuts and the closure of other surrounding elementary school . As a result this school is understaffed, staff members are rude. The new principle doesn't care as much as the last one did. The last principle would be outside greeting the kids and hugging them and WELCOMING them to school. The cafeteria is a mess and very rude to the kids, not even a smile for the kids. What happen to service with a smile? these are children c'mon... I really hope they turn things around. And yes bulling is an issue here.. My kids attended here 2015-2016 and we will try again 2016-2017

Peralta Trail Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 31, 2016
Dont get me wrong my kids teacher did good when it came to teaching him his education

Peralta Trail Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2016
Gone downhill! Principal and front office staff need to be replaced. They don't care about the good kids. They punish the good kids by allowing bullying. They do nothing about it! Don't have your kids go to this school unless you want them hurt by other kids

Peralta Trail Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2015
The teachers are excellent, it's the front desk office staff that is horrible. When I say horrible, that's an understatement! If you go in to remove your child for any reason they ignore you completely! They need to reassess their help! It's obvious things are bad when the principal quits! Peralta, get your stuff together or we'll do like most of the surrounding area and enroll our kids in Noah Webster!

Posted May 23, 2014
The atmosphere of the school has changed tremendously this year. Some changes have been nice. There is an emphasis on art; and, after a rocky start, the pick-up procedure runs smoothly. But the majority of changes have been disappointing. The counselor no longer helps students like she did last year, she is the disciplinarian. Every time I am in the office, there is a little kid -- sometimes two or three -- in the "time out" chair waiting for their punishments. I volunteer, so I see kids sitting there for hours. Discipline is harsh. Even the nice kids in my neighborhood don't like school anymore. The principal is so condescending when she talks to parents. I overheard one parent call her Dolores Umbridge, if that gives you an idea. Also, my kids were taking tests every other day, there was no time for the teachers to teach! Enrollment is way down. I was told there would only be two classes at each of my kid's grade levels for next year. People are running away from this school.

Posted April 29, 2014
my child has been going to the school since he started school last year. me as a parent I see that some of the changes have been good and some of them have been bad. miss Goldman does not act as if she is the principal, where miss Goldman lax miss chain pick up the slack. my son used to love going to school and now it's a fight everyday to get him there. there are way too many kids in the classrooms for teachers to actively do their jobs. last year Mr B was awesome, and the teachers and children see more happier. the test scores are the reflection of what the teachers and children are going through this year. there are lots of bullying going on at the school, and the office staff does nothing to help the children.

Peralta Trail Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2014
I think Peralta Trail tries very hard to give every student an excellent opportunity to excel. The Principal does a super job at maintaining the excellence of the school. The teachers work very hard keeping order in the classrooms. The commitment of the entire staff shows in the happiness of the students.

Posted March 19, 2014
This used to be a great school academically and socially, not anymore. There is a new administration this year and the learning environment has changed dramatically. My child used to love school, but can now barely stand to be there. The teachers are trying but communication from the school has dropped to almost nothing and parent involvement is way down. It's sad to see kids turned off from school and learning because of the policies of unprofessional administrators.

Posted January 29, 2014
The inmates (teachers) have taken over the asylum. Leadership has been lacking the last two years, and a change in the administrator (new principle) does not appear to be having much of an impact. This school has had declining test scores the last three years, and enrollment is declining due to parents realization that this isn't the same crown jewel of the district that it was several years ago.

Peralta Trail Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
Great school but I hate the new principal's, Heidi Goelmon, pick-up procedure. I have to wait 15 FIFTEEN minutes to pick up my son. We have to wait in a line outside in the blazing hot sun to pick up our kids. I mean come on my kids went here for seven years and I never had a problem. I wake up at 5:00am and when I go to pick up my kid i am so tired and I have to stand for fifteen minutes. I really wish she would change that. They say it's safer but it's not. It is a big injustice and punish to the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peralta Trail Elementary School
10965 East Peralta Rd, Apache Junction, AZ  85218
Last modified Peralta Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.