School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

2009-2010 is going to be a special year. We're very excited about receiving the Performance Plus rating and reaching AYP. We've added music to the curriculum. This year we want everyone to get involved with the school. We'll be having opportunities to read together as families, multicultural night, science and book fairs, science camps and other exciting activities. Our expectations are high and our teachers are prepared to open new avenues of learning to our students. As Principal I can't wait to get things started, it's going to be a great year!
August 3, 2009

Posted September 06, 2013
This school is amazing! I can't express how much this school is like a family. They offer a great education not only in academics but in leadership and behavior. My god children have been going there for three years, so when my son started kindergarten this year I already knew where I wanted him to go. The teachers are always there to communicate with the family and they teach our children so much. When our family suffered the loss of our home to a fire the school was quick to put the word out for donations to help us rebuild our home. I can't recommend it thank them enough for everything they do and teach to our future leaders.

Avalon Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2013
This small charter school acts like a close knit family unlike any school that I have seen. Perfect example was a recent fundraiser at a local eating establishment. There was such significant outpouring of family attendance that the restaurant was understaffed to handle the orders. The parents volunteer when asked and will go out of their way to help find resources for the classrooms. Each child is known by name by all nearly all staff. The Leader in Me program that the school began implementing last year has made a significant difference in the school.

Posted April 11, 2013
Avalon is the best elementary school in our neighborhood. I brought my kids to this school because of "The Leader in Me" program and I have kept them here because of the fantastic staff and teachers. Everyone from the principal to the janitorial staff genuinely care for each student and their success. This is the most loving and friendly staff of people that I have ever meet and it keeps getting better each year. The school has the students best interests in mind when it comes to their education and has made extra curricular classes, such as music, art and P.E. top priority in their schedules. This year has been so much fun for my kids and the plans that have been talked about for next year are exciting. My family and I are thrilled to see what's in store for the next school year!

Posted April 11, 2013
I LOVE AVALON!!! I have been teaching at Avalon for two years and I am so thankful to be teaching at such an amazing school. The staff of people working with me all have a great amount of love for each student. We are privileged to see the students become the greatest versions of themselves. We are allowed to get to know the parents and siblings of the students and celebrate in their happy moments. We, as a school, are headed in a fantastic new direction and I am so proud to be a part of it! Come and be a part of the great new things we are doing here!!!

Posted April 10, 2013
I love Avalon wonderful teachers and great staff. My child has learned so much and is very happy. Avalon is a family community!!!

Posted April 10, 2013
Great school! I love how involved all the teachers and staff are with the kids! they work with the individual needs of students, my daughter and son are both happy and thriving in this school! Last year at a different public school, my children were in constant stress from the chaos, and lack of discipline the other children received.

Avalon Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2012
My son attended Avalon for half of the year. He told me how kids in his class were kicked out of other schools. He is an A-B student but at Avalon he was failing. The teachers did not inform me of this and he never brought home graded material. I found this at at mid-term. In four months he had two different teachers. I attended class one day and was upset with how the children treated the teacher. I could not believe that the teacher would put up with the kids that were acting up. I took my son out of the school and he went from failing to A's and B's. Three other kids started at his new school that were also going to Avalon. I am sure that they are trying to make the school great but from what I could see a lot of the children were problem children and they were not allowing the other kids the opportunity to learn!

Posted July 28, 2011
THE 2011-2012 SCHOOL YEAR: As I begin my first year as Avalon new Executive Director, I will continue to work diligently with parents and faculty to foster an atmosphere that promotes a learning community characterized by child centered instruction and decisions, academic excellence, trust, respect, community involvement, excellent communications, and recognition of both student and staff achievement. I am committed to working in collaboration with you to continue to develop and implement this shared vision. Working together as a team we will move forward in our mission this new school year to create a nurturing, disciplined, and challenging environment in which all students can learn at optimum levels and become responsible members of society. We have so much to be proud of as a staff, family, and community.

Avalon Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2011
I have taught at Avalon for several years and I love this school. This school has zero tolerance for bullying and students are held accountable for their own behavior/decisions. The entire staff is a true TEAM working on making sure things happen for the greatness of the school. The kids are fantastic and learning is interesting and challenging. In 1-2 years this school will be even greater through growth and continued positive direction. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Posted October 31, 2010
This school has a lot of heart and the students are wonderful. We work very hard to keep the community involved and value parent involvement.

Avalon Elementary School
1045 South San Marcos, Apache Junction, AZ  85120
Last modified Avalon Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avalon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top