PK-8 & Ungraded
Avondale, AZ

Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
Rancho Santa Fe is a great school. My son has attended here since kindergarten and he is now in 3rd grade. Recently our daughter began kindergarten as well. We have had the pleasure of having them in Mrs. Smith, Mrs.Engram, Mrs. Cargill, and Mrs. DeBord and I would not change a thing. They have had tough times throughout the years but we as a team has gotten through it. That is the best thing about Rancho is that everyone works as a team and they make sure no kid lacks anything. We have had one teacher that may not been the best for our son but we were still able to get over the hump. I notice another parent was upset about the changes that have occurred in the 2014 - 2015 school year but it is a safety precaution that I am willing to take for my children. At times I miss walking my kindergartener to class but I would rather know that she is safe on campus more than anything. I would recommend Rancho to anyone that is in the area. I am a very Proud Bronco Parent!

Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
Rancho has been an excellent school thanks to the principal that was just promoted to assistant superintendent. The new principal leaves MUCH to be desired. The whole feel of the school is changing and becoming more militarized. Kids have a super short lunch, large class sizes and parents are no longer permitted to walk their children into school in the morning-parents are required to dump their kids at the gate now. Everything I loved about this school is going down the drain this year. There are some teaching gems here, but it's a mixed bag and you never know what you'll get. Hopefully it's just growing pains and they improve, but I'm not optimistic. I'm not sure if it's fair for my 3 children to be guinea pigs while they work out the kinks.

Posted October 14, 2013
We are thrilled with this school and the neighborhood. At first we were a little hesitant to put our kids here due to some of the ratings, but we have seen nothing but phenomenal performance from the teachers and our kids. Our children couldn't be happier here and it's amazing to see how much they're doing and learning. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to this area.

Posted May 28, 2012
Two of my children attended RSF, and we can not say enough great things about our two-year experience. The teachers and administrative staff are talented, dedicated, and concerned about the well being of their students. Their communication is excellent, and parents are always well informed of events both inside and outside of the classroom. Mrs. Walker is a principal like no other. Her presence is constant, and she cares immensely about her school. The teachers I had direct contact with were Mrs. Tassin, Mrs. Cargill, Ms. Muir, Ms. Engish, Mr. Gallant, and Coach Owen, and we will forever be grateful to them. However, hearing other parents at the school praising their childrens' teachers I know that the teaching staff at RSF is exceptional. Also, we were fortunate to have a morning violin program before school, and Ms. Rainey was an added blessing to an already amazing staff! The icing on the cake was an organized and kind front office! Thank you Rancho Santa Fe, you will always be fondly remembered!!!

Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2012
If you value your child's education, do not send your child here! The teachers are nice, but the curriculum is substandard. I pulled my son out to attend an online school because of this, but kept my younger daughter in the school. Huge mistake. The teacher said her sloppy work was fine and did not have her work on this until towards the end of the school year (my daughter is in second grade). The standards of work overall is low. The school lost money turned in for a yearbook, and I was unaware until my daughter came home on the last day of school without a yearbook. Now, I am told there was no way to order a yearbook. If you want your child to have a good education and excel in life, do not send your child here.

Posted June 06, 2011
I have been very impressed with Rancho Santa Fe, my daughter was in Kindergarten this past year. We had Mrs. Smith and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She really cares about the children and made my daughter feel loved and nurtured. My daughter really grew while in Mrs.Smith's class. She left Kindergarten with confidence and an eagerness to learn. She cannot wait till next year and either can I. The principal Mrs. Walker is very concerned about her school's safety and the success of her students. I would highly recommend Rancho Santa Fe.

Posted May 29, 2011
I have been extremely satisfied with this school. My daughter is now a 4th grader and attended RSF since kindergarten. Communication with the teachers is excellent, safety is a priority, and there are ample programs before, during, and after school to help struggling learners as well as gifted students. Highly recommend.

Posted May 28, 2011
I have been very happy with this school. My daughter had previously been in Kindergarten in another state, but due to her birthday, had to be placed in Kindergarten again. We were told that after some tests, she would be able to move to First grade. She had Mrs. Smith as a kinder teacher and I was very impressed at how she handled my bright student. After the testing, we met with the principal and a plan was put into place to move her from kinder to first. it was a very smooth transition, with great communication between teachers to help with the transition. Mrs. Walker, the principal, has been wonderful and my daughter's first grade teacher, Mrs. Cargill, was awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better school for my daughter. Keep up the good work!

Posted March 12, 2011
My son went to kindergarten at R.S.F. and he loved it. His teacher Mrs. Klingbyll is amazing, she makes the learning fun and interesting. Every week I would get a letter home explaining everything that they would go over that week and the homework was at appropriate level of difficulty. I cannot really say anything about the other teachers but I would highly recommend Mrs. Klingbyll.

Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2010
Not at all satisfied with this school's Teachers, Principal or Super Intendant. They do not help parents out with getting the help our children need if they have any type of problems. They would rather sit and wait till it's too late for the child. I will never have good ratings for this school!!!

Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School
2150 N Rancho Santa Fe, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top