K-5 & Ungraded
Bullhead City, AZ

Sunrise Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2013
The website says 15 kids per teacher ,unless your counting every teacher including pe special Ed art music etc and dividing that is not correct there is about 25 to 30 kids per classroom . Especially sense they combined the schools in the area. With very few aids . There is a few very good teachers but if you don't know who they are be careful and keep a close eye on your child . If your child tells you something don't brush it under the rug ,listen and look into it. If there is a problem it's very hard to get anyone to do anything about it , unless you happen to be lucky enough to get one of the few great teachers they have.

Posted October 16, 2011
I love this school my daughters teacher personalizes her homework to her needs. He keeps me informed and stays on top of her work best school she has been in by far

Posted May 09, 2011
I could not be more happy with a school than I am with Sunrise. The principle, Ms. Flatten is wonderful. My son is only in 1st grade, so I can't say with too too much experience, but he loves the school. He had a problem with another child picking on him and the principle and his teacher Ms. Lawrence were so quick to take care of it and make sure it would not happen again. Great parent and family involvement and activities outside of class hours. We have to move and I can truly and honestly say I am so sad to be taking my son out of this school. I wish I could take this entire staff with us.

Sunrise Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2011
We are new to the area.... well we lived here 15 years ago and now we are back...my great granddaughter goes here and seems to be doing very good, she is a little behind from her school in phoenix...so they want to hold her back... so we will be doing 1st grade over again. But I guess if she needs it then that will just benefit the growth she will make in the future year. But we have no complants so far... seems to be a good scholl.

Posted May 09, 2010
I just had my chidren finish their third year at Sunrise. I have never experienced the variety of teachers. I pull up in the morning or after school and my child is placed in my car. My children have enjoyed the talents of the art teacher Ms. Stubblefield. She has dedicated her talents to the dance program, art club, student council and when she taught music the programs were wonderful.

Posted October 30, 2009
Sunrise Elementary is a newer school. It's teachers attend weekly professional development meeting in order to ensure a quality education for all students. The principal is very professional as is the staff. Students genuinely seem happy and on task. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone with elementary age.

Sunrise Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2009
My experience with this school is not very good the teachers are not teaching anything my son is about to start third grade here which is not good he has been one to two grades ahead of his class from being taught at home! I am thinking about moving to Las Vegas for better education for my son because this school district is pathetic. Teachers are nice but either incompetant or lazy or both

Sunrise Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2008
currently the school has no active principal or assistant principal ... lacking leadership is an understatement . Parental observation of their child in the classroom / playground environment - is something the school admin. should consider. Morale is low with both personnel & students - some staff members lack professionalism and proper bus. etiquette. Frankly, a team effort is needed in the issues described - but if the school is unwilling for parental participation in important matters - the school is bound to fail . Respectfully , A citizen that endorses above-Quality education -

Posted June 07, 2008
It is unfortunate that the parents on this site do not see what the teachers and staff here have to offer and are willing to do for our students. There has never been a time when I have felt ignored nor have I have ever been greeted with anything other than a smile and a welcoming face. The staff here is wonderful and they go above and beyond their duties, it is obvious Sunrise teachers care about their school and students and would do anything for them!

Posted April 30, 2008
Sunrise Elementary has very poor leadership and unfortunately it shows. The school is very negative.

Sunrise Elementary School
2645 West Landon Drive, Bullhead City, AZ  86429
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top