Bad
Good

I switched to this school my Junior year to catch up on credits to graduate on time, as I did not like the idea of being a 5th year senior and not walking with my class to receive my diploma. This school is perfect for the right kind of student, they have to want the 2nd chance, be proactive and self motivated. The school did not baby me, it is a very independent style of learning but the courses teach themselves to you. The way the school works is very similar to online courses of college, you can complete classes as quickly as you push yourself to get them done. After making up all the credits I had missing at my original High School (that would have taken me another 2 years to complete) I switched back and walked with my friends. However this experience is 5-6 years ago I can not be sure it is still the same. I have rated it 4 stars instead of a full 5 only due to the fact I agree the school is not for everyone. It was a perfect fit for me, you have to be the judge if it works for you/your child.

The school has really improved over the last couple of years. The teachers are great and really care about individual students. Students that have struggled at the district get the attention they need.

It's the typical drop out school. The grade requirements are lax so D and F work at a regular schools are now A and B grades. When you bring up their own writen policies all you get from administration is that what is written is not what they meant. Good luck to any parent trying to better their childs life at this institution.

All they care about is me being in class very little if any help. The person in charge of our site never comes out of his office except to lecture us. No Help No Help

This is a school for kids who have had problems elsewhere. It is based on a self-motivated, self-taught computer learning model and many of this kids don't have the initiative or the discipline to do well here. The standards for getting credit are very low. In fact, I don't know how the credit can be equivilant to a regular high school credit. My daughter has earned a .5 credit for a class that took her less than a week to complete. There are days that they just watch movies for no apparent reason.

Last modified Intelli-School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12