T. Dale Hancock Elementary School

Public | PK-6 & ungraded | 804 students

Posted July 19, 2013

Hancock is a GREAT Elementary School. The school fits every childs' needs. If your child is above grade level, on grade level, or below grade level there is a spot for them. My daughter is starting her 6th year and my son his 4th and could not be happier. Mrs. Hull, the teachers, and staff are amazing! Hancock is a great choice for students in Chandler.

Posted May 5, 2013

This school is terrible children are being bullied and ignored staff members are rude. DON'T send your poor children there

Posted February 11, 2013

I pulled my son out of Hancock because no matter how many meetings I had with the teacher, she refused to listen to my advice for my son who was quickly coming to hate school. He had always been an honor student at other schools, and once he transferred here, his grades declined and his interest faded. After numerous meetings with the principal, I decided it was better for my son to attend school elsewhere. My decision was based in whole on the lack of ability to be flexible and give my son different and advanced learning materials. Teacher quality in my opinion is a 1 star. My son's teacher did NOT talk to us regularly about our son's progress. Even when I emailed her, she would tell me to wait until conferences and she wouldn't respond to any of my questions or concerns She did not challenge my son to learn. I also tried repeatedly to volunteer in class, and the teacher never had time for me to help. This is upsetting as I have 3 school days off a week!

Posted July 20, 2012

Three of my kids have now gone to Hancock over the past 7 years. We LOVE it. The teachers are great, the families are all neighbors, and it is just a fun "small-town" environment. The PTO is very involved and does a great job raising funds for whatever Hancock & the students need.

Posted May 16, 2012

Hancock is definitely and A+ school for a variety of reasons. My child has some learning difficulties and the resource staff at the school is exceptional. We came to Hancock from a different school (out of state) and could not be more please with the resources available to help our child who has flourished at this school both academically and with self esteem. The communication with the school is excellent as well. Many parents complain about schools but don't realize that they have to put in the time and effort to communicate with the school/teachers as well and participate in their child's education . It has to be a team effort and when it is, the results are very rewarding for everyone. As for bullying, it is a reality at all schools unfortunately. However, I must say from my experience with a bullying issue at school involving my child, the teacher and principal jumped on it and reacted quickly, effectively and appropriately and the problem was dealt with to our satisfaction and my child's as well. From my experience, bullying is taken very seriously there. I am thrilled with Hancock and the education my child is getting. It is a wonderful school.

Posted July 13, 2010

I have a lot of concern for this school & staff .Lot of Bullying, & discrimination. Average grade kids are neglected.I don't recommend this school .

Posted April 30, 2010

It is a great school. The teachers go out of their way to help kids.

Posted April 20, 2010

Hancock just got A+ status!It is a great school but it does have a few problems, bully problems. They need more people during recess & lunch to watch the K-3 kids. Academically it has been fairly equal to the private school we transfered from. The only exception is the teacher was BETTER!

Posted March 3, 2010

I could not be more pleased with an elementary school. I understand the frustration of receiving many flyers for fundraisers but there is NO money for for the schools. The teachers have to buy everything themselves thus the fundraisers. The PTO is awesome, they work so hard to raise money for field trips, supplies and other needs of the school. My children are learning so much more than I could ever expected. Hancock is definitely an A+ school. Thanks Hancock!!!

Posted January 5, 2010

I am a little concerned about this school's priority. There appears less emphasis on academic achievement. For example, the teacher is more interested in distributing various advertising flyers than making sure all homework collected from her students.

Posted May 20, 2009

My son is just finishing his 1st year at Hancock in kindergarten. We have been extremely happy with all aspects of Hancock. The principal Mrs. Hull is very active with the kids and parents. She is very visible and approachable. She does an excellent job of being aware and on top of her schools needs. The teachers have been wonderful as well. Our son did some after school tutoring and it did wonders for him. He is excelling and loves going to school. The activities provided both during and after are very educational and focus on the health and well being of our children. We considered a private school but now I am so happy we decided to go to Hancock and our children can attend such a great school.

Posted May 10, 2009

I am a proud Hancock Heat parent and have been since the school opened. The school offers high academic expectations as well as many extracurricular activites. I appreciate the time the staff puts in toward after school activites. Thanks to terrific teachers, my daughter has been challenged academically as her AIMS scores were excelling . Mrs. Hull, our Principal, called me to ask if my daughter could be advanced a grade level in math & reading. I was overwhelmed with pride to hear that over achieving students were being given opportunites to advance in curriculum that they were excelling in. Thank you Mrs. Hull for thinking outside the box to reach all students. Thank you Mrs. Albert & Ms. Fritz, teachers, who have the willingness to teach a grade level ahead to these students.

Posted September 8, 2008

We have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers and administrators are dedicated to differentiating instruction on every level. Kids who are ready for extra challenges are given many opportunities to strive high and reach their potential. Kids who need extra help are given the time and resources to meet the standards with dignity. The music program is top notch. The coaches are fantastic. There are many extra-curricular clubs and activities that are led by teachers who volunteer their time. We cannot say enough positive things about our kids' experiences at Hancock.

Posted July 27, 2008

My son has attended Hancock from the opening of the school four years ago. We have had excellent teachers as well as good relations with the principal. A wonderful learning enviroment and campus.

Posted June 19, 2008

Two of my children go to Hancock. We have had excellent teachers from day one. The communication level with parents, teachers and staff is excellent. We could not be happier.

Posted May 15, 2008

We have absolutely loved this school from day one! The principal is so nice and easy to communicate with. We love the 2 teachers that our boys have. They are very organized and we feel right at home there. :)

Posted August 11, 2006

I was very disappointed with this school. My child does not fit the 'traditional mold' which led to many meetings and severe frustrations with the staff at this school. The staff is not highly interested in children with special needs, and certainly did nothing to help my child transition int o this school. The teacher and principle were only interested in making my child's misbehavior stop, not in how to help my child excel. Safety wise, there was one point that the school allowed my child to get on the wrong bus and didn't seem to think that is was that big a deal, as long as my child eventually made it home.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 32%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2425 S. Pleasant Drive