Posted July 22, 2014
I've had three total interactions with the office staff. Every time they have been rude condescending and snarky. Second day of school and I'm already fed up and moving my kids.

Posted April 17, 2014
I have four children and moved to the neighborhood very excited that Ryan was our "home" school. That didn't last very long. The principal has been there since the school was new and DOES NOT work with parents. If you have the slightest issue, they carry it to crazy extremes. My first grader (with autism) was given a gallon sized ziplock bag at the end of the school year full of the half-eaten pencils he had chewed up. I knew that he eats pencils, but the teacher seemed intent on proving a point. The same child was given a fast detention over a very minor playground incident. The following year, I moved him to another elementary school and had a wonderful experience! Ryan has some good teachers, but it's luck of the draw... and don't try to request one or they'll make quite sure that unless an older sibling had that teacher, you don't get them. New this year is the lady at the front desk that I affectionately think of as a "blonde pitbull" She makes sure that you feel unwelcome when you enter the office by grilling you with questions about your intentions when visiting the school. I removed all but one of my kiddos from Ryan. It takes easy-going kids to do well here.

Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School 2

Posted December 26, 2013
Chandler Unified School District abuses their SLPs, or did. This is all that I have to say.

Posted September 19, 2013
Such a great school for my kids! Hard to get in and out of because of parent drop off (they do there best to address this issue), but tons of people drop the kids off instead of riding the bus. Seems like a few parents below may have some problem kids on there hands?:(

Posted August 20, 2013
We feel so luck to attend this school. The principal is outstanding and creates a positive and consistent school environment that allows all students the right to learn. The families are inclusive and involved and the teachers are gifted in so many ways. Keep up the good work Ryan Elementary

Posted August 19, 2013
As a prior post suggested, this is a terrible school. Couldn't agree more! Teachers and administration are extremely difficult to work with, children are not challenged whatsoever, no positive reinforcements, and even the slightest mishap by your child(ren)will be punished to the fullest extreme. They are completely unwilling to work with you and your children. Parents, do yourselves and your children a favor - drive down the street and you will find a school that offers an excellent education, outstanding staff, physical education, wonderful parent involvment, and a positive learning environment. My kids have learned to love school again and are succeeding beyond our expectations!

Posted July 08, 2012
My kids have been at Ryan for the past 5 years when we moved here from the east coast education system. We have been extremely happy with this school. My kids have NEVER had a bad teacher. All the teachers have been wonderful, easy to communicate with and very responsive to any problems or concerns. The front office staff is very friendly and helpful. My children have received an excellent education here.

Posted February 09, 2012
I read most of the comments published before, and I have to say I am surprise. I can't think of a perfect school, there are always going to be issues. I personally had one (indirectly) with another parent regarding the bullying, and as someone mentioned before, some parents abuse this great tool by blaming other kids for their kid's insecurities; but still having the bullying system in place is wonderful considering how nowadays kids get easily depressed. That the parent drop off-pick up structure is bad? It is great to have this school in the heart of the community and it takes no longer than 10 minutes to get in or out. Parents please don't act like spoiled children, I come from a third world country, things here are so easy and there are such beautiful buildings, that is sad that you don't appreciate this anymore and complain that easy. Ryan is a rank 10, very well deserve, my son is a perfect example of how good the school is, he has learn so much this past year and his first language is Spanish. Teachers are good, I don't know how the management people are, but they seem nice and in charge. I suggest parents should volunteer more as I do, in order to be more objective.

Posted December 23, 2011
I find it hard to believe that there are legitimate 5stars ratings for this school. Our experience and many others saw the poor attitude of the administration from the beginning. We did remove our children because of the poor leadership here! I believe those who say other have their head in the sand,don't care or are bamboozled by someone. This schools is terrible.

Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School 2

Posted December 07, 2011
Our entire experience at Ryan Elementary has been unsatisfactory. The principal & administrative staff are VERY diificult to work with or get clear consice answers from. I think a lot of times they just don't know what to say when asked about procedures or decision made within the school. The parking and traffic at drop off and pick up is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! This school is in the worst possible location.

Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School
4600 S. Bright Angel Way, Chandler, AZ  85249
Last modified Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top