PK-6 & Ungraded
Chandler, AZ

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2015
Teachers at Ryan have high expectations for all students. My daughter was consistently challenged. And when she didn't persist the teachers worked with her. They were great about letting us know what was expected and when she needed to work a little harder. They let me know if she was challenged and didn't do her part so I could be more involved.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2015
Not only does the school teach respect in the classroom and outside of the classroom. They also have professionals come in and support what they have taught.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2015
Every year I have seen such beautiful compassion, caring and empathy shown at Ryan. This year one teacher suddenly passed away. The school did a terrific job supporting the family of the teacher, supporting her students (both past and present) and supporting her coworkers. They have activities to support the American Heart Association, Canine Companions, military veterans, etc. I have seen money, food, school supplies, and household items donated.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2015
They don't just let honesty, intergrity, and fairness happen. They teach it and demonstrate it daily.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 30, 2015
To start, teachers at Ryan are licensed or certified to teach through traditional or alternative programs recognized by the state or district. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, only 23 states require that all charter school teachers be licensed through traditional or alternative means. Fourteen states require only a certain percentage of charter teachers in each school to be licensed, varying between 30 percent and 90 percent. Four states have no requirement for licensure or leave this determination to the approving entity for each charter school. Teachers at Ryan continue their education through district and out of district classes as well.

Posted May 30, 2015
My daughter has attended Ryan for the last 7 years. She had a great learning experience! Although in all regular classes, she will be in honors classes next year in middle school. This goes to show that she was challenged in the regular classroom and guided in the right direction. The teachers at Ryan are fabulous! They go above and beyond in so many situations. They keep the parents informed. They are interested in your child and their future. We are out of boundaries for Ryan, so we choose to go there because of the hard work and dedication of the teachers. Ryan offers lots of opportunities for each student. In order to have these opportunities, teachers go beyond their job duties to make them happen.... honors orchestra, science camp, Lego club, Battle of the Books, choir, running club. I could go on. These things don't just happen. These things happen because teachers and parent volunteers at Ryan work tirelessly. I appreciate everything that everyone at Ryan has done for my daughter! Thank you for your time, efforts and dedication!

Posted February 20, 2015
My children have thrived at Ryan elementary I love it! All my kids have had educational problems and Ryan has provided the staff and programs to help them excel. The front staff is amazing and helpful and I understand they are there to protect the children that is why they ask so many questions that lets me know they don't just let anyone in. The health office is wonderful and helpful and the teachers are great and so is the principal.

Posted January 12, 2015
Our son loves it here and, most importantly, he is getting a great education. He's in first grade and is reading at almost a 4th grade level. And his teachers have been great about making sure he stays challenged! His teachers have been easy to work with and quick to respond to resolve any issues. The school does the best they can with pickup/dropoff, it's just kind of an awkward place to have a rush of traffic at once. It does clear out pretty quickly though, just bring a little patience!

Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2014
I've had three total interactions with the office staff. Every time they have been rude condescending and snarky. Second day of school and I'm already fed up and moving my kids.

Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
I have four children and moved to the neighborhood very excited that Ryan was our "home" school. That didn't last very long. The principal has been there since the school was new and DOES NOT work with parents. If you have the slightest issue, they carry it to crazy extremes. My first grader (with autism) was given a gallon sized ziplock bag at the end of the school year full of the half-eaten pencils he had chewed up. I knew that he eats pencils, but the teacher seemed intent on proving a point. The same child was given a fast detention over a very minor playground incident. The following year, I moved him to another elementary school and had a wonderful experience! Ryan has some good teachers, but it's luck of the draw... and don't try to request one or they'll make quite sure that unless an older sibling had that teacher, you don't get them. New this year is the lady at the front desk that I affectionately think of as a "blonde pitbull" She makes sure that you feel unwelcome when you enter the office by grilling you with questions about your intentions when visiting the school. I removed all but one of my kiddos from Ryan. It takes easy-going kids to do well here.

4600 S. Bright Angel Way, Chandler, AZ  85249
Last modified Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audrey & Robert Ryan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top