Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Clueless system designed by admin. Students run around dominate the school and teachers. Teachers live in fear of losing their jobs as they are blamed for student behavior and grades. If you are considering sending your student here, send them somewhere else or home school them. An

Former Teacher: Administrators treat the faculty like their personal slaves-No time for bathroom breaks or lunch. Faculty forced to stay after school mostly every afternoon for unscheduled meetings by principal which amount to nothing. He cannot make a decision on any issue and tables the discussion for the next meeting. There is no accountability for misbehavior of students and the disruptive students constantly prevent the few normal students who attend that school fro learning. Owners only interested in the FTE money they get from the state., which goes in their pocket. the school does not employ hall monitors, lunch monitors or recess monitors and force the faculty & students outside for recess in 114 degree heat in Aug, September. I f any faculty member complains, the Admin forces them out. the students are better off to just stay home.

Good teachers, bad admin, worse principal and fragmented program. Once you're hired, you're forced to fend for yourself. No one will support and help you. Previous Teacher

I worked there in the Spring 2015; bad news. The principal, who was also new, was clueless and very vague. He could not articulate himself, so planning stuff on or around certain days were tough because he wouldn't email you or communicate things in advance. Things "come up" out of nowhere and he expects you to drop what you're doing and tend to it. For spring break last year, I had planned a honeymoon 3 months in advance asking if there would be anything on spring break. Of course, admin said no. The principal ended up scheduling a professional development smack in the middle of break two weeks before break; meanwhile 5 or 6 teachers had plans to go out of town. Even with admin knowing that they added it last second, they expected us to show up and cancel our expensive tickets half of us got. Not to mention the principal showed up late that spring break to the PD. And not by 30 minutes, by about 3 hours. A lot of us were livid at him for doing such a selfish act. He took forever to approve time off. He never communicates. Good teachers, lousy school, lousy principal. This also rubs off on to the kids. If you are considering working here, find another place to work. If you are a parent thinking of sending your kids here, don't. As a former teacher there, send them to a better school. This is the most ridiculous system I have ever witnessed as I have taught over 25 years. I hope parents and new teachers consider this before diving into AZ Compass;.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Principal lies, does not communicate and although admin has policies in their handbook written down, it is hardly ever followed up with admin. It is a bunch of lies.

Please don't send your children here, many issues on almost every leave. When you call a counselor with a problem it doesn't ever get resolved. Program system issues that keep your students from passing, just so they have to retake classes over. They say you can work at your own pace however that's not true at all. I enrolled my daughter in a math class over the summer 2014 and had no issues. She called the school by her self at age 17. I have never been able to login in to see her progress. Now that she is 18 she has failed 3 class that she in rolled her self in. I called and they removed one of the class from her transcript. With this last class there has need computer issues not updating her class work. Called a counselor 4 days ago and was told the teacher needs to grade her out still. However, I belive the just don't care to get her grade right. Now when I call back again I will not get the same counselor, there is no accountability that way. My daughter at her home school has 3.8 GPA if that helps you understand stand I'm not just a parent that doesn't hold my children accountable for their school work. I sincerely hope you find this information helpful.

This is a very small, but quickly growing school with a beautiful new campus and really great teachers. I am very impressed with the schools willingness to individualize based on the needs of the student.

AZCP gives my daughter what she needs in life to succeed. She use to go to a public school where she was being overlooked by the teachers and just pushed along not realizing that she was struggling in her reading or they just didn't care. I took out of the public school system and brought her to AZ compass, where she is advancing in her reading and she is building her confidence back up which is what she had loss in her other school. The teachers are so passionate about teaching which makes it so easy for her to learn. She adores her teachers and her principal. It is more of a family atmosphere which makes it easier to talk to the administration when you have an issue. They take every step to ensure that when she graduated from High School that she will be successful in what ever she decides to do in life. Couldn't have chosen a better place for my child. I would encourage every parent that has a child that needs the extra TLC, to bring them to AZCP...The Principal is understanding and compassionate about her children..

My child attends AZCP and I could not have been happier. The principal and the teachers are very dedicated to my child's education. I love the fact that I can come in and talk to an administrator or teacher at any time. The staff is all about the education of our children. I give this school the up most respect.

The Principal and the Teachers are very dedicated and compassionate about their work. They work very well with the parents to get the children back up to speed when ever they fall behind on they're school work. They are all very instrumental on the children's education. They are willing to put in the extra hours to help the kids learn what it is that they do not understand. I am very grateful for all that they do for our children. Thank-you very much.

Last modified Az Compass Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.