Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My experience with my child being here was not good. Even though I was able to speak to the dean of students, it was as if it got nowhere. So the teacher's excuse of not calling back to address my concerns was, "Well I still don't know how to retrieve my messages, so I really didnt know you'd called". ( Really? After being there for over a year). Another issue with that teacher was, she couldn't have any parent/teacher conferences after school because she had a dog to go take care of. Seriously ? What , are her only concerns in teaching is to get a paycheck! I really do think this school oversees things when it comes to selecting great teachers.

They for some reason degrade the students here. At least that's what it seems they do. During their bathroom breaks they make the students pick up trash. Their excuse is to keep the school clean. So the kids have to pick up snack wrappers and that sort of thing. Every week each class takes turns, "Seriously" . You don't see the school principal, teachers or the dean of students doing it, so why do the students have to. Also on "jingle jog day" you see the principal and the dean just standing around waving at everyone, when they should be doing the same. They think that just because this school is not in a high price neighborhood that it's alright. I know that my household income is higher than those two men, but I just happen to live near this school. The Chandler School District should be ashamed of themselves for letting certain schools do whatever they think is right to save a bit of money. Also, the P.E.specialist makes the students run like crazy, my child complained about knee pain a lot. The teacher would stuff the best kids with extra snacks if they did well, as if they would do the same with their own kids! Not a happy school!

Terrible school! Poor quality of teaching. Would rate this school a zero if there was an option.

They have a new young ignorant Principal, who didn't seem to care about my concerns. I even complained to the district office and they didn't seem too care. My daughter will be home schooled in a good and safe environment.

TThis is the worst school ever!!! My child was beaten by won of the teachers and came home crying! We moved her immediately and issued a complain to the school. They did nothing about it!!! Do your children a favor and keep them out of this place.

My children went to Galveston Elementary and received an great education that was well rounded. The teachers that work there are excellent and are some of the most dedicated professionals I've come across and they really care about their students. Now, I've moved away and my kids are attending another school and the education they received has encouraged them to join honors classes. The principals have been fair, hard working, and have really pushed the kids to do their best.

My daughter went to Galveston school and i was very disappointed. She didn't seem to get much of a education she left first grade at a kindergarten education, and when we moved to Conley she struggled in the second grade and could not keep up the kids in her grade level because of the education she received at Galveston.

I'm really disappointed with the quality of education at Galveston. My children are doing ok, but it is because of my involvement and my family values, not the school The principals (the woman, and now the man) have been really bad. The prior principal was mean to the kids AND parents, and didn't care about anyone or anything except her way to do things... but current principal is the exact opposite, I'm not sure what he believes and I don't really know him. The upper grades, 5th and 6th, have been horrible. At least in the younger grades, I felt the teachers cared. T 5th and 6th grade they yell at the kids and I think they have given up. My children go there because it is our neighborhood and we have too... but I wish that the school and district cared more about us. They need mjor change!

Galveston Elementary is a wonderful school. My boys have been at this school for two years now. They have great teachers who only work hard for the students to succeed. Not only do they work hard but they go the extra mile. I really admire the principal and the teachers at Galveston. As long as you are a parent who is involved in your child's school work and activites and works to achieve good attendance, your child will do great! All schools will only teach your child half of what they need to learn in life, the rest is up to the parents and the childrens' own experiences.

Last modified Galveston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.