No rating

Dr Daniel Bright Elementary School

Public | PK-2 & ungraded

Posted October 23, 2013

My daughter attends kindergarten at this school and I am VERY unhappy with what I have seen and experienced. Her teachers seem to get annoyed if I ask to many questions. I have first hand heard the front staff gossiping about other parents in front of other people- very unprofessional. The older secretary in the front office always has an icy demeanor. The kindergarten classes seem to be somewhat colorful at first glance however you learn that your child really is not allowed to leave their seat very often throughout the day- which may be a reason they have the kids switching classes half way through the day? Through experience I have heard another parent making a complaint only to be gossiped about once leaving the office and the issue not being resolved. If you do complain the teacher seems to lash out at your child or give them the cold shoulder as a punishment for the complaint. This school, in my opinion, seems like a dictatorship without actually having interest in the children. Of course, this may just be a bad year for us, but it certainly HAS NOT made a good first impression!

Posted May 22, 2013

I love this school. My son has 2 more days of 1 st grade with such a dedicated loving wonderful teacher, we were so blessed and happy with her, I wish she can be our son's teacher up until highschool :) She is the kind of teacher that I would love to become one day, the school has such a happiness and welcoming staff, everytime I drop off or volunteer visit I just want to stay just to be with my son of course but to be at the school just makes me in such a better mood! I love this school and staff

Posted October 22, 2012

This is a great school. The staff and administration make everyone feel welcome. The children in kindergarten are already reading! Love this school.

Posted February 27, 2012

Not so great under the "rule" of current principal. My grandson is being withdrawn by his parents.He's been bullied by principal , students and a teacher and generally made to feel unwelcome since he started.I would never recommend this school to anyone who has a child.

Posted April 21, 2010

I volunteer for Kg and mentor first graders. This school is outstanding in helping the children attain the highest.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 6, 2008

I came from Flagstaff and was surprised to find a wonderful A+++ school. They have a wonderful team of teachers that really put the children first. Parent/teacher communcation is a priority, and the class size it just right.

Posted August 26, 2003

I have three children who are currently enroled in Dr. Daniel Bright Elementry School and I am so greatful! The teachers are the best at giving positive reenforcement, patience and workiing with the parant's to develope the best learning plan for your child.

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 65%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (928) 639-8428

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now