El Mirage, AZ

Posted October 01, 2014
Reading this makes me happy :) this school feels like home and is A rated. I am saddened however to read "the principal is a hot mess" or that the cafeteria staff treats kids worse than animals. When parents have such massive complaints, get involved, join PTO, volunteer and make your voice and concerns heard by becoming a part of this awesome community. There are always underlying factors to everyone and everything. Don't judge without all of the pieces of the puzzle.

Posted May 24, 2014
Great staff that genuinely care for students. The principal is a hot mess but everyone else is top notch.

Dysart Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
I'm so disappointed about the cafeteria staff at th I s school. They treat kids worse than animals. :( it really sad to know that because you child had no balance on the lunch acct. They will give him/her a sack of lunch with sandwich bread and a cold piece of yellow cheese instead of calling and let parents know they have 0 balance. I talk to the cafeteria manager and she didn't do anything about it. Plus the school principal has no clue of h o w to handle anything.

Dysart Elementary School 5

Posted December 13, 2013
great school...its like my kids second home and when you go there it feels like home all the teachers are really connected my 2 kids have went there for 4 yrs and we love it!

Posted September 12, 2013
Looks like this site is out of date compared with the school's site. It's an "A" school and the principal is Linda Shaw with an enrollment of 951. We recently moved here and our children have loved this school. The staff and teachers have been wonderful to work with.

Posted January 31, 2013
We went to Dysart after having fled a horrible special education experience over at Rancho Gabriela Elementary in 2012. We stayed at Dysart for a few months and then finally moved to Scottsdale. Our short stay at Dysart was so warm and inviting. There is a real sense of family and community there. Dysart will always be in my heart as a fantastic school with very hardworking faculty members. If we were still trapped in the Surprise school district, my children would be going to Dysart. Even with a lower socioeconomic environment, Dysart beats all the other Surprise schools. It's Surprise's best kept secret. Kids in this area may not have the best home life, but they are treated respectfully at Dysart. They are all given free breakfast and teachers treat the children like family. God bless the faculty at Dysart Elementary. They are doing a remarkable service.

Posted August 25, 2011
I love Dysart Elementary. There are outstanding teachers, both Ms. Orozco's, Mrs. Sprankle, Mrs, Heck, Mr Kleinow, Mrs Garrett, Ms Clark, Ms McLain, Mrs Cisneros.... Ms Buck was an amazing principal and now the new principal Ms Shaw seems to be just as great and has a fabulous record. I love the office staff and always feel welcomed at the school. Mr and Mrs G are a great part of the staff as well. I have had 8 of my own children attend this school and I have had very few problems and the ones we have had were address well. I always feel that my concerns are welcomed and heard. Yes, there is a problem with parent involvement, but the kids have a great team of staff and teachers there to teach them and support them. If the parents would get more involved then this could easily be an A+ school.

Dysart Elementary School 5

Posted April 01, 2011
I think this school is absolutely great. I am an employee of the district and I travel to different schools within the district a few days each week, so I am able to compare schools. I work with 6th thru 12th graders, and I have to say the atmosphere is terrific at this school. The staff really takes pride in making the school a great place for children to come and get a good education. The principle is always out and about in the halls and classrooms;she is caring and involved with the students. Front office staff is awesome! The most important thing however is the amount of energy and effort the teachers put into making sure your children are getting everything they can out of their education. They care!

Posted March 08, 2011
The school is awesome I truely feel that my kids are safe there and the teachers truely care about them. I enjoy the events put together by PTA and the school its self. My child made student of the month and the celebration was awesome. made the students feel very importatnt for what they have done. ThankYou to Ms. Buck she takes great pride in her school

Dysart Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2011
I would seriously reconsider sending your child to this school. The children are allowed to bully each other, They have no money for extra programs and there is no communication between administration and parents unless you find out from your child first or the offence is worthy enough for a phone call. Pushing and hitting is not enough to warrent a phone call home.My children had only attended a couple of months and each went through at least 2 teacher's. My youngest had pretty good grades and this was the first time he had ever recieved an F ....in science. This is his favorite subject. I finally pulled my kids out of there and the front desk didn't even bother to tell the teacher and my daughter wasn't even able to say good-bye to a couple of the classmates she was able to be friends with. I called them twice to notify them, yet the teacher had no idea. Half the kids in our neighborhood don't even go to this school, they go to a local charter school, now I know why. I wish someone would have warned me before I enrolled my kids here.

Dysart Elementary School
12950 W. Varney Road, El Mirage, AZ  85335
Last modified Dysart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dysart Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top