Bad
Good

No qualified teachers to be found for some odd reason. No thanks to Fountain Hills. We love the area.

This school has been wonderful for my son. He struggled with us moving often and ADHD. I originally placed him in a Charter School and was very disappointed. I had heard negative things about 4 Peaks and was very pleasantly surprised. My son was challenged, given extra work when needed, and most of all, given his self esteem back. As a child with ADHD, his self-perception was that he was just a bad kid. Teachers and administration worked with me to help develop a plan to regain his confidence. He is not on Honor Roll and receiving citizenship awards, due to teachers who took the extra time to work with him. The new principal is great and very involved. The teachers take the time to serve the kids needs. The PTO sponsored homework lab is an amazing resource. Those who take their kids over the hill to Scottsdale are truly missing out on the individual service provided in a smaller school.

If I could give this school a negative stars I would...avoid at all cost. I had 5 kids in the school system and had different problems with all! It all starts at the top, Administration doesn't listen and your child needs to fit into their box to learn, its almost cult like, speak up or disagree and you become the outcast. The communication is VERY poor and the principal at this school is more interested in making friends with parents and redecorating the lobby! Its a complete joke and VERY tragic for such a wonderful city. They need to shut down and start over, or incorporate the schools into Scottsdale. FH doesn't have the resources to offer the success the kids deserve. My kids now attend Scottsdale schools.

I have two children that went to this school, one excelled because she is an amazing motivated student who learns quickly and easily. Although we re-entered the FH school system after 2 years in another state where she had been in their accelerated classes and Four Peaks would not put her in the gifted classes her first year back. My other child had 2 very difficult years at this school before I took him out of this district. They tested him and he indeed did test academically gifted, however, the learning environment was very inflexible and the administration was slow to react to his needs. He was bullied and punished unjustly and I was not informed for weeks, even though I volunteered at the school every week. His last year at the school set him back academically instead of meeting his needs. It has taken 1/2 the year in his new school to get him back to being able to learn in a classroom environment.

This school administration and teachers are in need of a major "renovation". The principal is retiring, and that is a positive. My son has been the victim of this schools lack of responsibility and hiding behind policy and uses the budget restrictions as an excuse for everything. Front office staff is rude and unapproachable. Access to your children is minimal which leads to poor parent involvement. Go to Anazasi if you can.

We moved here from another country in Europe and our child loved this school from the start. We were very lucky with our home room and math teachers who were exceptionally great in so many ways. The art and music teachers are terrible and discouraging. Mrs. Romans the principal has been approachable and helpful all along. We are happy to be here and hope for another great year.

Four Peaks has provided a challenging and effective program for my gifted daughter. Their 'whole child' approach has helped her be a well rounded, curious, excited learner. There are many choices available, but Four Peaks is the best choice for families who want their child to not only be taught, but also encouraged to learn independently.

My 3rd Grade daughter goes to this school. I think the Principle Mrs. Roman is wonderful. She is definitely is involved, cares and is really on top of things. I also find her to have things well organized and if there is a problem she gets right to the source and is easy to communicate with. As with any school the luck of the draw with a teacher is key and plays a large roll in your child's education and motivation. Some at this school are excellent and some are qualified but not as nurturing but over all I think it is a great school.

When we came to this school, the principal had a meeting with me and my son to get a feel for what class he would fit into best. I was very impressed with Principal Romans and I still am. I think she knows the kids and cares about the quality of education. We came from California schools and I believe this school is a lot better acedemically. They also try to round the child character with Christian values. They try to teach organization by encouraging use of an agenda. I think this is great! They also try teach the kids responsibility. Overall, I believe it is a very positive learning environment.

Last modified Four Peaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.