PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted October 02, 2014
My kids have been going to school here for the last 3 years. The teachers are great and very dedicated. Our class size each year has been no more than 23 students. Great, friendly, and helpful staff. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Ashland Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2014
This is the 4th year my children have attended Ashland Elem. The class sizes have an average of about 33 children per classroom which is a disappointment. The Principal is arrogant and lacks leadership skills in a major way. On the upside, I have found most of the teachers are good teachers and do their best considering the circumstances.

Posted July 03, 2014
My children are entering the 6th and 4th grades at Ashland Ranch and have attended this school since kindergarten. I have loved most of our teachers and find that the staff deeply care about the students. One of my children needed additional help with reading in 1st and 2nd grade but is now exceeding grade level per their AIMS test results. Oceanography is a before school activity and is a great learning opportunity. I would love to see the robotics club return.

Posted July 02, 2014
Son attended preschool here last year and the teachers were excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure the kids did fun and educational things in an age appropriate way. Traffic flow could be better but you can always park by the park or playground and walk your child in. I wish this was our home school!

Posted October 28, 2012
So far this year, I have been very pleased and impressed with the level of parent/teacher/school communication. My son's Kinder teacher is amazing. He loves his school and we are very happy with our choice to place him at our home school.

Ashland Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2012
We found that the Kindergarten teacher was nice and and the school is clean with a decent playground.

Ashland Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2011
The school website does not accurately describe this school as Oceanography, Project Greenlight, et al are no longer available and the classes are NOT 20 students per class. It's an average of 30 now, some with 35. The award received by the principal at AR does not accurately reflect the opinions and experience of staff and parents. True accounting of this school should include the faculty turn over rate and the student withdrawals (long term families, multiple sibling), over the last 2 years, as well. Parents are not welcome and teachers are afraid to be seen talking to parents AT ALL. An investigation continues into the involvement of a parent , who is not in this school's boundary and the legality of her involvment with various board decisions and local election results. Until all information is gathered and decisions can be made as to the mystery surrounding decisions made at this school, this award is a questionable representation of reality. This school has gone from being an in demand, highly regarded school to a mediocre institution where no teacher is allowed to outperform another.

Ashland Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2011
I have 3 children that have gone and are currently going to AR. I have heard many complaints about the former and current principal. I like them both. I haven't had to deal with them a great deal, but some, and found them both very responsive. Most of the teachers are what makes this school great. We have been very lucky to have a bunch of excellent, motivated, creative teachers. I agree that some wonderful teachers have unfortunately left. The PTSO is also great. Last years Science fair, sweetheart dance, and Spring auction were great fun. I appreciate how the Principal is visible around the school at the crosswalk etc. He appears to be big on safety. Great school, teachers and families. We are grateful to be here.

Posted July 26, 2011
Ashland is an awesome school with well behaved students, caring teachers and great leadership. Wouldn't want my kids anywhere else. Keep up the good work!

Ashland Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2011
My daughter has gone to this school for 3 years. I had been impressed with the academics, teaching quality, and high standards for behavior at the school. Under the 'new' principal, I am not. Test scores have dropped dramatically. Students wander the halls freely. I have read memos from department chairs full of mis-spelled words and grammatical errors. The school installed a 'squishy' machine. For $.25 kids get a little squishy plastic toy. It's a huge money-maker and a huge distraction at the school. I wondered - where does the money from this machine go? Turns out it goes to the principal! And it is at his discretion as to where the money goes. Unreal! Great teachers have left, class sizes are going up, test scores going down. Time to move my daughter, and my tax dollars, to another school. Sadly, this was a great school. It's not now.

Ashland Elementary School
1945 S. Ashland Ranch Road, Gilbert, AZ  85295
Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top