PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
We have only been here for a short time so my only opinion is a single 4th grade teacher to base anything upon. I don't feel there was respect when a parent turns to the teacher for help r support on a situation. I don't feel there is organization at all in the classroom. I don't agree with the teacher giving ultimatums and not informing the parents about anything of concern and letting it come up as a surprise which makes her look bad in the end.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 21, 2015
What homework? I continually sent messages to the teacher to confirm why for months there has been no assignments sent home. and it was confirmed, there was none. Why?... I haven't a clue in the world.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
My son has always been above average coming from North NJ and California education system. to see him be left with no challenge and succumbed to this low level of teaching and standard is a total let down. Test scores of this school prove this statement. Instead of teachers stealing work from students prior schools, they need to restructure their standards and curriculum to a professional education level.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
There is no morale from the adults on staff! They are rude, do not speak respectfully to the children and project their own failings on students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
If the staff does wrong, they do not take responsibility for their actions. Its not about the students in any way or form.

Posted October 02, 2014
My kids have been going to school here for the last 3 years. The teachers are great and very dedicated. Our class size each year has been no more than 23 students. Great, friendly, and helpful staff. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Ashland Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2014
This is the 4th year my children have attended Ashland Elem. The class sizes have an average of about 33 children per classroom which is a disappointment. The Principal is arrogant and lacks leadership skills in a major way. On the upside, I have found most of the teachers are good teachers and do their best considering the circumstances.

Posted July 03, 2014
My children are entering the 6th and 4th grades at Ashland Ranch and have attended this school since kindergarten. I have loved most of our teachers and find that the staff deeply care about the students. One of my children needed additional help with reading in 1st and 2nd grade but is now exceeding grade level per their AIMS test results. Oceanography is a before school activity and is a great learning opportunity. I would love to see the robotics club return.

Posted July 02, 2014
Son attended preschool here last year and the teachers were excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure the kids did fun and educational things in an age appropriate way. Traffic flow could be better but you can always park by the park or playground and walk your child in. I wish this was our home school!

Ashland Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
We have been at this school for 2 years. For the most part I am happy but feel a bit concerned with one of my child's teacher who lost their homework and school assignments and had to re-do it. Also the teacher told my child we were doing a math homework wrong when on fact it was correct. How does a teacher instill confindence in a child in this manner? This is very concerning.

1945 S. Ashland Ranch Road, Gilbert, AZ  85295
Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top