Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have been part of Ashland Ranch Elem. for the last 3 years, and the teachers my children have had have been amazing. Caring, personable with parents, and really wanting their students to succeed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

We have only been here for a short time so my only opinion is a single 4th grade teacher to base anything upon. I don't feel there was respect when a parent turns to the teacher for help r support on a situation. I don't feel there is organization at all in the classroom. I don't agree with the teacher giving ultimatums and not informing the parents about anything of concern and letting it come up as a surprise which makes her look bad in the end.

Amount of homework: Disagree

What homework? I continually sent messages to the teacher to confirm why for months there has been no assignments sent home. and it was confirmed, there was none. Why?... I haven't a clue in the world.

My kids have been going to school here for the last 3 years. The teachers are great and very dedicated. Our class size each year has been no more than 23 students. Great, friendly, and helpful staff. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

This is the 4th year my children have attended Ashland Elem. The class sizes have an average of about 33 children per classroom which is a disappointment. The Principal is arrogant and lacks leadership skills in a major way. On the upside, I have found most of the teachers are good teachers and do their best considering the circumstances.

My children are entering the 6th and 4th grades at Ashland Ranch and have attended this school since kindergarten. I have loved most of our teachers and find that the staff deeply care about the students. One of my children needed additional help with reading in 1st and 2nd grade but is now exceeding grade level per their AIMS test results. Oceanography is a before school activity and is a great learning opportunity. I would love to see the robotics club return.

Son attended preschool here last year and the teachers were excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure the kids did fun and educational things in an age appropriate way. Traffic flow could be better but you can always park by the park or playground and walk your child in. I wish this was our home school!

We have been at this school for 2 years. For the most part I am happy but feel a bit concerned with one of my child's teacher who lost their homework and school assignments and had to re-do it. Also the teacher told my child we were doing a math homework wrong when on fact it was correct. How does a teacher instill confindence in a child in this manner? This is very concerning.

So far this year, I have been very pleased and impressed with the level of parent/teacher/school communication. My son's Kinder teacher is amazing. He loves his school and we are very happy with our choice to place him at our home school.

We found that the Kindergarten teacher was nice and and the school is clean with a decent playground.

Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.