Bad
Good

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 3

Posted February 19, 2015
Overall, CTA Freedom is a good school. I agree there are discipline/bullying issues, but the principal is wonderful and very caring, he takes issues personally and is very involved. The academics are great, using Saxon and Spalding, however, depending on the teacher you get, there could be either a flood of boring worksheets or a good mix of worksheets and teaching skills. As usual, it comes down to the teachers, we have had excellent, wonderful, quality teachers here and then we have had pretty poor, unorganized, not able to keep the room under control teachers. I'm sure this is common in most public school settings!

Posted January 29, 2015
If you feel your child is being bully and not protected, then why are you still there? I don t understand why a parent would put down a school when that school is a Parent Choice School. Last year, I too felt my child was being bullied at CTA, but with the help from the principal I now realize my child was the bully. (Extremely disappointing news for a parent) I am extremely grateful on how they handled the problem, and how they helped my child and I work through this problem. My son is doing great there this year, and is loving his class and teacher. I would suggest reconsidering your issue and truly look at where the might problem be. Most of the time, it is not the school or the teacher. I am going to truly miss Mr. Smith next year. The new elementary school is getting an amazing person and principal.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 4

Posted August 14, 2013
Very caring teachers, great homework assignments, a stern yet personable principal, and a very clean school. They offer some great after school programs partnering with the community. This is great will all the programs that have been taken out of the public schools. Choosing a school was very hard for our first child, I have no doubt we made a good choice. We are looking forward to sending our other child there. A major plus is uniforms! I totally believe in uniforms.

Posted January 18, 2013
My favorite comments on this site comes from a parent (below) who stated: (1) "A school that gives out a ton of home work and don't follows up on the home work is not a great school," and (2) "Phono grams who have use for that." Sounds like CTA came along a few years too late for at least one parent.

Posted July 25, 2011
We've been with CTA Freedom since they opened 7 years ago and had nothing by wonderful experiences. The one or two times we had issues, they were quickly resolved and handled professionally and fairly. No complaints whatsoever. A lot of people don't like the homework burden, but it's never been a big deal for my kids, and I like that I can see every day what they are learning and progressing in. I also feel it prepares them more accurately for high school and college than no-homework schools ever could. 5 stars, completely! Oh, and to the parent who thinks the school doesn't follow up on homework, I would say take that up with the teacher. In the past 6 years, and three children of mine attending there, I have never once had that issue. Sounds like a teacher issue, not a school issue.

Posted June 04, 2011
Amazing, amazing school! The Chandler Traditional Academies are unlike any other and second to none, and for that reason they are consistently full. My child transferred to this school and the homework isn't any more than the regular school that she came from. It is relevant to the lessons learned and never involves busy work. The bar is set high for the students in these academies and they respond beautifully. They are gaining morals, character, and an advanced education only seen in the private school sector. Well done CTA Freedom! I cannot imagine my child attending any other school. Your students will grow up to be successful members of society and know how to work hard and take responsibility for their actions at a young age...life lessons that will serve them well in the workplace! Phenomenal school! (hence the A+ Excelling state rating)

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 2

Posted June 04, 2011
Finally we could burn the CTA shirts! A school that gives out a ton of home work and don't follows up on the home work is not a great school. Phono grams who have use for that. What a relief to get that our daughter are at Payne JR High after the summer. Running club was great! Why only have a lunch break for the kids to get out of the class room and not a short break in the AM and PM also... Burn, burn burn .....

Posted April 08, 2011
This school is great!! Math and Language are taught a full grade ahead. As for math, teachers group advance students within their class (usually a group of 6-8) and work with them separately. My child is in 6th grade and doing 8th grade math. Children can go as far ahead in reading as they like due to the Indepent Reading program. Most teachers have many years of experience. Principle and faculty respond quickly to any concerns. If your goal is for your child to attend a great 4 yr college, this is the foundation for that journey. My child will go on to either Hamilton Prep or Chandler Traditional Jr High.

Posted November 01, 2010
My son is in Kindergarten this year. I have to say that he has learned so much more than I ever imagined so far. His teacher makes learning fun and he loves going to school. He always has a story at the end of the day about his favorite part of his day. I am very happy with the choice to place him in this school.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom

Posted March 08, 2010
I have had 4 of my 5 kids in a traditional type school from the beginning of their education and they far exceeded my child who was not in the same setting. I would highly recommend this type of traditional education to all parents. The principal, teachers and staff at CTA Freedom are incredible.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom
6040 S. Joslyn Lane, Gilbert, AZ  85298
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top