PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted January 18, 2013
My favorite comments on this site comes from a parent (below) who stated: (1) "A school that gives out a ton of home work and don't follows up on the home work is not a great school," and (2) "Phono grams who have use for that." Sounds like CTA came along a few years too late for at least one parent.

Posted July 25, 2011
We've been with CTA Freedom since they opened 7 years ago and had nothing by wonderful experiences. The one or two times we had issues, they were quickly resolved and handled professionally and fairly. No complaints whatsoever. A lot of people don't like the homework burden, but it's never been a big deal for my kids, and I like that I can see every day what they are learning and progressing in. I also feel it prepares them more accurately for high school and college than no-homework schools ever could. 5 stars, completely! Oh, and to the parent who thinks the school doesn't follow up on homework, I would say take that up with the teacher. In the past 6 years, and three children of mine attending there, I have never once had that issue. Sounds like a teacher issue, not a school issue.

Posted June 04, 2011
Amazing, amazing school! The Chandler Traditional Academies are unlike any other and second to none, and for that reason they are consistently full. My child transferred to this school and the homework isn't any more than the regular school that she came from. It is relevant to the lessons learned and never involves busy work. The bar is set high for the students in these academies and they respond beautifully. They are gaining morals, character, and an advanced education only seen in the private school sector. Well done CTA Freedom! I cannot imagine my child attending any other school. Your students will grow up to be successful members of society and know how to work hard and take responsibility for their actions at a young age...life lessons that will serve them well in the workplace! Phenomenal school! (hence the A+ Excelling state rating)

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 2

Posted June 04, 2011
Finally we could burn the CTA shirts! A school that gives out a ton of home work and don't follows up on the home work is not a great school. Phono grams who have use for that. What a relief to get that our daughter are at Payne JR High after the summer. Running club was great! Why only have a lunch break for the kids to get out of the class room and not a short break in the AM and PM also... Burn, burn burn .....

Posted April 08, 2011
This school is great!! Math and Language are taught a full grade ahead. As for math, teachers group advance students within their class (usually a group of 6-8) and work with them separately. My child is in 6th grade and doing 8th grade math. Children can go as far ahead in reading as they like due to the Indepent Reading program. Most teachers have many years of experience. Principle and faculty respond quickly to any concerns. If your goal is for your child to attend a great 4 yr college, this is the foundation for that journey. My child will go on to either Hamilton Prep or Chandler Traditional Jr High.

Posted November 01, 2010
My son is in Kindergarten this year. I have to say that he has learned so much more than I ever imagined so far. His teacher makes learning fun and he loves going to school. He always has a story at the end of the day about his favorite part of his day. I am very happy with the choice to place him in this school.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 0

Posted March 08, 2010
I have had 4 of my 5 kids in a traditional type school from the beginning of their education and they far exceeded my child who was not in the same setting. I would highly recommend this type of traditional education to all parents. The principal, teachers and staff at CTA Freedom are incredible.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 1

Posted October 15, 2007

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 4

Posted March 30, 2007
My son attended another elementary school when we moved to Arizona in December 2005. Due to lack of discipline, overcrowding, and remedial teaching, I pulled him out in February 2006 and homeschooled him until he could get into CTA-Freedom. I am so pleased with the school. My son has a fabulous teacher for 2nd grade and the curriculum is challenging. I am amazed at how much he is learning. The staff at Freedom is fantastic, and most parents are very involved with their child's education. Kudos to Mrs. Nance for building such a great team at CTA-Freedom.

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom 3

Posted March 28, 2007

Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom
6040 S. Joslyn Lane, Gilbert, AZ  85298
Last modified Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top