PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 11, 2016
It depends on the teacher. There is a lot of animosity towards the principal, so the teachers are not particularly happy there. It's obvious.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 11, 2016
It depends on the class/teacher. I am not a proponent of busy work, and I feel homework in young children does more harm than good.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 11, 2016
There is Way too much testing involved, which brings the students drive down. The students with behavior problems are not dealt with, so the ones without a behavior problem feel sad.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 11, 2016
I have witnessed the principal yelling at small children, speaking to people condescendingly, instead of caring, and does not protect the students who are not behavior problems.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 11, 2016
They do not deal with any behavior problems, therefore, the students who are challenging continue on with their behavior. The others feel bad/sad because nobody is doing anything to help them. I have witnessed first hand bullying, with the principal doing nothing about it.

Greenfield Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2016
The new principal is taking a top rated elementary school and bringing it down. While she may be liked by administration, her staff and parents in the community are not at all impressed with her. I have p personally witnessed her yelling at young children. She has no experience with elementary schools (she came from a junior high teaching level), and it is obvious. She has no control over anything, she speaks condescendingly to anyone who has a conversation with her, and really likes to hear herself talk. She is not supportive of teachers, nor does she deal with any behavior problems in the school, causing families to run in other directions for alternative schools to get their children away from the behavior problems. She is taking a great school and bringing it down. I don't think I will stick around to see what other unfortunate decisions she makes.

Greenfield Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
I have had 3 children here through3 principals. My eldest had a good experience with Mr Rimer.The way that they dealt with some of the students is questionable. I brought it to the principals attention that the aide kept calling a student dumb pretty much every time I helped in the classroom. I was told that this is the best way to handle this child. I was quite surprised that telling a student they are dumb was acceptable. I also had the experience of the PE teacher making fun of my son to the 6th grade class because of his haircut. I know this because my daughter was in the class that he was making fun of my son to. The principal did nothing regarding this and the PE teacher stated that it was all in fun. The new principal and her inability to address a parent concern is the reason my son is now thriving in private school . The new principal has no desire to assist the children and she does not even return a phone call or listen to a parent. The primary concern with her is keeping the teachers happy not helping the kids. There are still some really great teachers here-Mrs Johns and Mr Petrie , but for the most part they are certainly not the cream of the crop.

Greenfield Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2014
The school does not pickup my child who has autism and special needs in a timely fashion. The bus drivers are incompetent . No parent should have to worry about their child getting to school safe and in a timely fashion. He also has a poor IEP which I will change.

Greenfield Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
My son came to Greenfield mid school year. He seemed to be excited the first couple days of school. After about three weeks I had noticed that he had become depressed, withdrawn, and not wanting to go to school. One day shortly after that he came home with 98 pages of homework! He said that he hadn't been keeping up so the teacher had kept him in for all but 3 recesses since he started there. He didn't understand her system. He also wasn't allowed to use the restroom and would get called out in class out loud by the teacher. She told other kids that my son wasn't smart in math yet he exceeded the Aims test. She was an unkind person who doesn't seem to like children. The principle didn't seem like he was on my side either. It was a very bad experience and they both blamed my child. Then they promised me a ton of changes but never followed through with any of them. In talking with other parents I realized that this is a common occurrence as is bullying at the school. I will be pulling my child out.

Greenfield Elementary School 5

Posted March 25, 2014
I have two children in Greenfield, one in 4th grade, the other in 1st grade. Both of my children love Greenfield Elementary and I feel both are receiving excellent one-on-one time in the classroom. As I'm sure most parents will agree, you won't always see eye-to-eye with every teacher but I can certainly attest to the quality of the teaching and communication my children receive on a daily basis. Mr. Kelly is an outstanding principal, although it is his last year here at Greenfield. His communication and dedication to keep our children safe and in a structured learning environment has never been question by any of the parents I've associate with in the six years of affiliation with Greenfield. I definitely recommend Greenfield to any parent considering this school for your child. It a nutshell, it's an outstanding school with great leadership!

2550 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Greenfield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.