PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted December 09, 2014
I have had 3 children here through3 principals. My eldest had a good experience with Mr Rimer.The way that they dealt with some of the students is questionable. I brought it to the principals attention that the aide kept calling a student dumb pretty much every time I helped in the classroom. I was told that this is the best way to handle this child. I was quite surprised that telling a student they are dumb was acceptable. I also had the experience of the PE teacher making fun of my son to the 6th grade class because of his haircut. I know this because my daughter was in the class that he was making fun of my son to. The principal did nothing regarding this and the PE teacher stated that it was all in fun. The new principal and her inability to address a parent concern is the reason my son is now thriving in private school . The new principal has no desire to assist the children and she does not even return a phone call or listen to a parent. The primary concern with her is keeping the teachers happy not helping the kids. There are still some really great teachers here-Mrs Johns and Mr Petrie , but for the most part they are certainly not the cream of the crop.

Greenfield Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2014
The school does not pickup my child who has autism and special needs in a timely fashion. The bus drivers are incompetent . No parent should have to worry about their child getting to school safe and in a timely fashion. He also has a poor IEP which I will change.

Posted July 31, 2014
My son came to Greenfield mid school year. He seemed to be excited the first couple days of school. After about three weeks I had noticed that he had become depressed, withdrawn, and not wanting to go to school. One day shortly after that he came home with 98 pages of homework! He said that he hadn't been keeping up so the teacher had kept him in for all but 3 recesses since he started there. He didn't understand her system. He also wasn't allowed to use the restroom and would get called out in class out loud by the teacher. She told other kids that my son wasn't smart in math yet he exceeded the Aims test. She was an unkind person who doesn't seem to like children. The principle didn't seem like he was on my side either. It was a very bad experience and they both blamed my child. Then they promised me a ton of changes but never followed through with any of them. In talking with other parents I realized that this is a common occurrence as is bullying at the school. I will be pulling my child out.

Posted March 25, 2014
I have two children in Greenfield, one in 4th grade, the other in 1st grade. Both of my children love Greenfield Elementary and I feel both are receiving excellent one-on-one time in the classroom. As I'm sure most parents will agree, you won't always see eye-to-eye with every teacher but I can certainly attest to the quality of the teaching and communication my children receive on a daily basis. Mr. Kelly is an outstanding principal, although it is his last year here at Greenfield. His communication and dedication to keep our children safe and in a structured learning environment has never been question by any of the parents I've associate with in the six years of affiliation with Greenfield. I definitely recommend Greenfield to any parent considering this school for your child. It a nutshell, it's an outstanding school with great leadership!

Posted January 07, 2014
My son is in the SPICE program. I absolutely love progam and my son's teacher Ms.G. Im sad this will be this last year at Greenfield he will be moving to middle school next year. My 2 other kids are also go to Greenfield. I also have nothing but good to say about their teachers and how the school is run.

Posted July 30, 2012
Special Needs Parents- My son was referred to this school by the district for its Autism program. Within two days after my son started, he started coming home with restraint marks and bruises. I confronted the teacher about the marks and she claimed that she didn't know what I was talking about, that he'd been doing well. Another week passed and he was coming home again with restraint marks. I called a meeting with the principal. Not only did his teacher confess to having to restrain him several times per day, she said that the school had the right to forcefully restrain him and confirmed that she did not tell me that there were any behavioral problems. The principal admitted that he doesn't really know much about the special education classes or how they work, that he doesn't know how they do what those teachers do because they handle the students much better than he could. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I went to the district and demanded a school transfer. No one responded to 5 different phone calls to the district. I had to wait out the end of the year before they transferred him. This woman was the worst special ed teacher I have ever come across. It is very sad.

Posted December 01, 2009
This school is awesome! We reluctantly moved our daughter to Greenfield from a nearby private school 2 years ago. It was the best decision we ever made. The teachers a very caring and there is plenty of parent involvement. Our daughter now tells us she doesn't want to ever leave to go to Jr. High.

Greenfield Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Love this school. So many activities where parents can be involved!!

Greenfield Elementary School 0

Posted August 11, 2009
This is a great school with a wonderful community of involved parents, involved principal, and dedicated teachers.

Greenfield Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008

Greenfield Elementary School
2550 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Greenfield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top