PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted February 20, 2014
I have been a Houston parent for the last 10 years and have another 6 ahead of me. I love the teachers and staff. Any issue that we have had, has always been resolved. Our new principal is amazing!

Houston Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
We love Houston! My oldest daughter went there from K Prep through 6th and my youngest is now in 3rd (both as out-of-boundary students). The teachers are kind, caring, knowledgeable and seem to appreciate parents involvement. We have a new principal this year but the previous two were fantastic! I have no doubt this one will be also be as she was the VP at a nearby JH and was great there!

Posted January 06, 2009
This school is great. The parent teacher communication is outstanding. My son is in Kindergarten and Mrs Magana is the best kindergarten teacher...She communicates weekly by a news letter and will meet with you at anytime. The PTSO is the best around. The only issues is bulling seems to becoming more rampant. Mr Macintosh is an excellent principle and very approachable. Houston is a great school and we feel lucky our son attends it.

Houston Elementary School 0

Posted December 04, 2008
My boys love Houston! Houston is a great school with a wonderful school community. Parents are very involved and encouraged to volunteer. The PTSO is out of this world! Office staff is very concerned about the children and I always find it crazy that they know everyone! I find the school to be small enough for the staff to know the children but large enough to still have the options of many different teacher/classroom learning environments. The Principal can be hard to warm up to however he has always taken care of any concern I have brought to his attention. The k-prep teacher is amazing!!! I would recommend her and her classroom over any other pre-k program in the state. Also If you have a student with special needs you can't beat Houston. one of my children has a learning disability and the teachers, special ed teachers, and school psychiatrist our all wonderful about working with my family to meet his needs.

Houston Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2008
There are some really positive aspects about this school. The parental involvement is great and we have outstanding teachers at this school. I think that the overall attitude of the school is positive. I would like to see a more friendly office attitude and support for the parents as opposed to a district policy attitude. Overall a satisfactory school.

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted July 07, 2008

Posted May 09, 2008

Houston Elementary School
500 E. Houston Ave., Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Houston Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top