PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted February 20, 2014
I have been a Houston parent for the last 10 years and have another 6 ahead of me. I love the teachers and staff. Any issue that we have had, has always been resolved. Our new principal is amazing!

Posted August 26, 2013
We love Houston! My oldest daughter went there from K Prep through 6th and my youngest is now in 3rd (both as out-of-boundary students). The teachers are kind, caring, knowledgeable and seem to appreciate parents involvement. We have a new principal this year but the previous two were fantastic! I have no doubt this one will be also be as she was the VP at a nearby JH and was great there!

Posted January 06, 2009
This school is great. The parent teacher communication is outstanding. My son is in Kindergarten and Mrs Magana is the best kindergarten teacher...She communicates weekly by a news letter and will meet with you at anytime. The PTSO is the best around. The only issues is bulling seems to becoming more rampant. Mr Macintosh is an excellent principle and very approachable. Houston is a great school and we feel lucky our son attends it.

Posted December 04, 2008
My boys love Houston! Houston is a great school with a wonderful school community. Parents are very involved and encouraged to volunteer. The PTSO is out of this world! Office staff is very concerned about the children and I always find it crazy that they know everyone! I find the school to be small enough for the staff to know the children but large enough to still have the options of many different teacher/classroom learning environments. The Principal can be hard to warm up to however he has always taken care of any concern I have brought to his attention. The k-prep teacher is amazing!!! I would recommend her and her classroom over any other pre-k program in the state. Also If you have a student with special needs you can't beat Houston. one of my children has a learning disability and the teachers, special ed teachers, and school psychiatrist our all wonderful about working with my family to meet his needs.

Houston Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2008
There are some really positive aspects about this school. The parental involvement is great and we have outstanding teachers at this school. I think that the overall attitude of the school is positive. I would like to see a more friendly office attitude and support for the parents as opposed to a district policy attitude. Overall a satisfactory school.

Posted December 01, 2007
I love all of the teachers and the principal at this school. They really care about the students and it shows. You have a good feeling when walking down the halls and see all of the smiling office staff. I would highly recommend it!

Posted November 07, 2007
I love this school alot. I did like it a lot more when Mr. McCord was the principal. My son has been bullied on many occasions, that is my biggest pet peeve about this school. I wish they could do more about that. academic wise, the teachers are out of this world fantastic. Genuine care and love for their students. Many parents are involved and I think that is fabulous. I am very glad we chose Houston as our kids school. We couldn't have picked a better place. Thank you Houston!

Posted June 25, 2007
My children are new to Houston Elementary and I could not be more pleased with the level of education that they have received. One of the 3rd grade teachers even identified a reading problem that my daughter had and within a month the problem was taken care of. The principal is very easy to talk to and always has an open door. I also really like the integration with the disabled students in the classrooms.

Posted June 09, 2007
The Kindergarten-Prep program at Houston is fabulous and the teacher is unbelievable!! She sets the bar so high for other teachers! She provides such a nurturing, fun atmosphere and the kids learn without even knowing it! The principle is a little dry, not too friendly, but the overall feeling of the school is really good.

Posted March 19, 2007
The academics are fine, but the parent-teacher relations are severely lacking.

500 E. Houston Ave., Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Houston Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top