K-8 & Ungraded
Glendale, AZ

Posted April 14, 2015
I love this school! Our principal and teachers. I've had at least one of my kids attending the last 15 years.

Posted February 17, 2015
This is our first year at Sweetwater and I couldn't be more pleased. The principal Luanne Herman is receptive to parents needs and always maintains an open line of communication. She has a great rapor with the kid's and they come up and greet her as if greeting a friend. The office staff is absolutely super. The two ladies who work the front desk are two of the most helpful and kindest ladies. The sixth grade teacher, Mr.Basista is literally the best of the best. He's very supportive towards his students and keeps the classroom full of lightheartedness and laughter. Sure the campus could use an updated look and appearance, but this school's staffing makes up for it!

Posted April 16, 2014
I recently put my children in this school and they love it!! I have no complaints.

Sweetwater School 4

Posted August 30, 2012
My daughter has been here a year now and we really like it so much better than the "charter school" we came from! Keep up the good work Sweetwater! =)

Sweetwater School

Posted November 20, 2008
Mrs. Batsford, the Kindergarten teacher is an absolutely fantastic teacher. She believes in challenging the children and does not look to satisfy 'district' requirements. She wants to 'exceed' them and not for any reason other taking an honest interest in the education of our children. She includes the parents in projects the children need to complete throughout the year and my wife and I loved the fact that our daughter was learning about Thanksgiving and not just about that people eat turkey on a special day. The project led into history, understanding what people ate, our daughter learned about the first settlers, learning to share, being cooperative, understanding people's differences. These are projects that share our families morals and values. As for the education, our daughter excelled in reading as Mrs. Batsford challenged her kindergartners to read every day. Not just 5 days a week, but 7 days a week.

Posted May 15, 2008
Children learn at home and in school. With parental participation and quality educators my son has had a vey successful year in kindergarten. He is reading at fisrt grade level, just a few levels from 2nd grade. He loves the school and his teacher Mrs Batsford. I follow the standards he is needs to meet and with the support of his teacher and asking what can I do at home, he is well on his way to having a successful 1st grade year at Sweetwater Elementary

Posted January 02, 2008
The upper grade teachers are heavily involved in extracuricular events for their students. They provide instructional information for both the parents and students via a teacher-based website. Grades are provded every thee weeks to keep parents abreast of their child's progress. High energy instruction, creative lessons and activities as well as a well-rounded anti-drug/character education program is evidenced at the junior high level. Students are treated with respect and encouraged to become actively involved in classroom and extracurricular activities in order to broaden their view of the community and world events. An A+ school!

Sweetwater School 2

Posted August 10, 2007
I have moved my children to a charter school and am so happy. The difference in education can not even be compared. I only wish I had made the move sooner.

Sweetwater School 3

Posted July 03, 2006
My daughter has attended Sweetwater since preschool. Every teacher she has had have been great. The teachers are not the problem. (thought they seem to loose more every year) the problem is the extracurricular activities, and the non-parent involvement when it pertains to things like the PTO. There are maybe 2 parents at any meetings. (not including the PTO board.) The lack of outside sports,etc for under 6th grade is amazing.

Sweetwater School 3

Posted March 19, 2005
The arts programs are excellent at sweetwater, but the extracurricular activities are less than encouraging for students. The academic standards are poor for the upper grades, students that attend sweetwater and then enter high school will be unprepared for what real school is like. The children have fun but do not learn allot. Although parent involvement is excellent. I would give the school a 3 out of 5.

Sweetwater School
4602 W Sweetwater, Glendale, AZ  85304
Last modified Sweetwater School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sweetwater School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top