Bad
Good

School adminstration does not follow the district's bullying policies. Some teachers ignore problems in classrooms. Less that adequate communication with some teachers. The curriculum seems to be behind other schools in area and online. School itself if antiquated and lacking basics like a gym, etc. After school pick up of kids is a zoo. Sports programs are below other schools in area and district. Very few electives.

I love this school! Our principal and teachers. I've had at least one of my kids attending the last 15 years.

This is our first year at Sweetwater and I couldn't be more pleased. The principal Luanne Herman is receptive to parents needs and always maintains an open line of communication. She has a great rapor with the kid's and they come up and greet her as if greeting a friend. The office staff is absolutely super. The two ladies who work the front desk are two of the most helpful and kindest ladies. The sixth grade teacher, Mr.Basista is literally the best of the best. He's very supportive towards his students and keeps the classroom full of lightheartedness and laughter. Sure the campus could use an updated look and appearance, but this school's staffing makes up for it!

I recently put my children in this school and they love it!! I have no complaints.

My daughter has been here a year now and we really like it so much better than the "charter school" we came from! Keep up the good work Sweetwater! =)

Mrs. Batsford, the Kindergarten teacher is an absolutely fantastic teacher. She believes in challenging the children and does not look to satisfy 'district' requirements. She wants to 'exceed' them and not for any reason other taking an honest interest in the education of our children. She includes the parents in projects the children need to complete throughout the year and my wife and I loved the fact that our daughter was learning about Thanksgiving and not just about that people eat turkey on a special day. The project led into history, understanding what people ate, our daughter learned about the first settlers, learning to share, being cooperative, understanding people's differences. These are projects that share our families morals and values. As for the education, our daughter excelled in reading as Mrs. Batsford challenged her kindergartners to read every day. Not just 5 days a week, but 7 days a week.

Children learn at home and in school. With parental participation and quality educators my son has had a vey successful year in kindergarten. He is reading at fisrt grade level, just a few levels from 2nd grade. He loves the school and his teacher Mrs Batsford. I follow the standards he is needs to meet and with the support of his teacher and asking what can I do at home, he is well on his way to having a successful 1st grade year at Sweetwater Elementary

The upper grade teachers are heavily involved in extracuricular events for their students. They provide instructional information for both the parents and students via a teacher-based website. Grades are provded every thee weeks to keep parents abreast of their child's progress. High energy instruction, creative lessons and activities as well as a well-rounded anti-drug/character education program is evidenced at the junior high level. Students are treated with respect and encouraged to become actively involved in classroom and extracurricular activities in order to broaden their view of the community and world events. An A+ school!

I have moved my children to a charter school and am so happy. The difference in education can not even be compared. I only wish I had made the move sooner.

Last modified Sweetwater School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.