Public charter
Glendale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted December 02, 2014
I love Heritage! The teachers are very nice as well as the bus driver. My boy loves the school and he LOVES P.E. He gets excited every Thursday because he knows he is going to have PE class. He says that the teacher is nice and makes the class very fun. Even though he says he loves his teacher and likes the school, I was very worried because his reading was not good at first, and being in 3rd grade he could be retained because of AIMS- without me saying anything to his teacher she enrolled him in Title I where they are giving him extra help with his reading. He says he likes it too!! Win, win for us! The communication with the teacher is great. She contacts me for everything- and I love that! The only problem I have is that the bus picks him up at 6:30am- that is a little early for us but we can deal with that.

Posted November 24, 2014
Great school! My daughter started coming to Heritage when she was in 1st grade. Coming from a district school It was such a huge changed for her and for us. We loved it since day one. Now she is in 4th grade and we are still very happy. Teachers care so much for the students- not only parents can see it, but the students can feel they are loved. My third grader LOVES school too! They both have improved so much. They have so many activities for them. As a working parent, I love that when I pick up my kids from school, they are done with homework. The after care program is truly a blessing to us. Thank you Heritage!! We love you

Heritage Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2014
I am divorced father and I am trying to do what I can to be apart of my kids lives anyway possible but this school has treated me bad and does not let me have parent teacher conferences nor interact with my kids in class activities. It got so bad to where I had to called the super Intendent in charged and it seemed as though asshe as going to help me out but in the end she ended up have their attorney write me a letter about harrassing them at there. I am not here to cause problems I just want to see how my kids are doing in school. The Professionalism of this school has been the worst I have ever seen when your a divorced parent. They have no guidelines to follow and they assume to things in your divorce decree by restricting you to do what they want not what the decree says. My kids are going there again do to the mother so we will see what this year holds 2014-2015

Heritage Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
As you can see from the reviews most of them are from teachers saying how great the school is. As a parent let me tell you that this school is nothing but bad news, my oldest daughter started here in kindergarten and I pulled her out in 8th grade. I keep telling myself things would get better but they never did. For the past several years this has been a poor rated school and they got told that if theu didnt bring up there tests scores then they were gonna close the school down. Well low and behold theu got there act together and got a b rating last year. The b rating came with alot of change all of a sudden they wanted to crack down on the dress code, mind you they were uniforms. The principal and vice principal dont communcate and you have to go back and forth between the too. When I finally decided to take my kids out of this awful school, like a earlier review all the principal kept saying was that this is a business and he didnt want to lose 2 students. I was so thankful to finally get my kids out of here anf wish I had done it sooner.

Heritage Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2014
A lot goes on that this school that is not very good. Even the transportation dept is a joke. School is 10 mins away from my house and the would keep the kids on the bus for two hours before they finally got there. When we finally pulled our kids out after many years of not being to happy the Principle had the nerve to say that he doesn't want to lose the kids this is a business and they need all the enrollment possible. They have a free aftercare program just to rail in parents that are stuck between a rock and hard place. Few years ago you had to pay enrollment went down so this is something they did to get enrollment back up! Great to run your business! I thought schools were suppose to be safety of children and education for children not a "business" I was floored that the principle would so that to a parent. Shows what they care about at this school. List can go on and on.

Posted August 18, 2014
It is great to have such an excellent school in Glendale for kids. The teachers really care about teaching your child. Heritage Elementary offers transportation to and from school. They also offer a free before and after school program. Under the Leadership of the current administration Heritage Elementary has improved by leaps and bounds from a D letter grade to a B letter grade.

Posted August 16, 2014
Heritage teachers and students have worked very hard to reach the goals we have set.As of the current school year, we are a B performing school. I am proud to be a part of this success! The teachers and administrators are working hard to make Heritage the best that it can be.

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2014
Academically this school is pretty good. However, they have unreliable buses. They break down a lot! And there are so many kids on one bus, that it takes 2 hours for my kids to get home. Today the bus broke down, and they didn't get home until 6pm. I have complained about this the past few years, and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm currently looking for another elementary school to put my children in. So disappointed.

Posted December 10, 2013
I am a teacher at Heritage and have been for a few years. My experience teaching here has been pleasant so far. I feel supported by the principals in everything I do. They give me freedom to teach and they do their best to help me whenever I have a question. I love the kids and seeing their excitement everyday when then enter my room. I am sure teachers at other shoals may say similar things about their kids, but I know Heritage truly has a safe and stimulating learning environment. With this safe feeling that Heritage kids have it makes them happier, and therefore easier for a teacher to manage a class of 25.

Posted November 24, 2013
As a new staff member at Heritage it is great to work at a school where I can speak to other staff members whenever a question comes up. Also the continued communication with parents helps each and everyone of them to be more confident about what each their child is learning

Heritage Elementary School
6805 N. 125th Ave, Glendale, AZ  85031
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top