PK-8 & Ungraded
Glendale, AZ

Posted November 23, 2014
This is a great school. The staff and teachers are like family. The couple of teacher have had a couple of my kids. Its great to have the same teacher your sibling had!!

Posted May 23, 2014
I was a student, I went there from kindergarten to 7th grade (I'm in 8th now) and I've experienced lots of problems in recent years and it's sad because it used to be such a nice school, I have so many great memories and we used to always be celebrating awards from the district about how great we were and then all of a sudden we got a new principal and things changed. Bullying used to be non-exsistent and then it was at every corner and nothing was being done about it, and I think that's solely because the teachers don't know how to properly handle a situation like that because it used to never happen... Teachers were little to no help at all, either they were too lazy and though cracking jokes all the time was great or they were too strict and got too frustrated to actually teach the material, there was no inbetween and it was really dissapointing. I told my mom I wanted to leave and once I left I realized how many schools there were that could give me better so please don't choose this one.

Sunset Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
The new principal has ruined this school!!! It was the best one in the entire district, now its the worst! Parents are NOT welcome by the Principal. He seems to not care about anyone, especially students! He is never around to talk to parents. I will be finding a different school for my children! SR was the best BEFORE this new guy took over. SAD TO SEE THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD HAS LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

Sunset Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2011
This school is fantastic. There is ZERO tolerance for bullying!! Whenever I have any issues the principal and the teachers fix it right then and there. They are real good about sending home information about things that happened on campus or around campus that the parents need to be aware of. I believe this comes from great leadership. The principal truly cares about her students and their families! I believe this school is only rated a 6 due to lack of funding, size of school and lack of reviews :) I highly recommend this school to you newcomers.

Posted March 02, 2010
I have 3 children at this school.. and they love it!! The school is a very close knit family, the principal, teachers and staff are always going the extra mile to make sure that no child is left behind! The school has numerous family events throughout the year.. I would definetly reccomend this school :)

Posted July 28, 2009
I have substituted at most of the schools in the Pendergast School District, and I have found a 'home' at Sunset Ridge. It is true that the Principal and staff are amazing and they sincerely care about every student. At Sunset Ridge we believe that every student can succeed and we strive to teach them life skills that will empower them throughout their lives. I am amazed at the many opportunities the students have to serve and help their community. There is definately a sense of pride which surrounds the school, and students are learning to be responsible individuals. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 18, 2009
The principal, faculty and staff are all extraordinarily dedicated, energetic, creative miracle workers. The population is a difficult one; a large percentage of students are just learning English. Also, lots of the kids come from difficult homelives. Nonetheless, the principal and faculty are consistently cheerful and enthusiastic, working tirelessly for the kids. They put on numerous fun family events, school spirit events, and awards ceremonies throughout the year making sure that each child is recognized for his/her special qualities. They take pictures of the kids having fun and being a part of the school activities, then show the slideshows frequently with music. They play uplifting music and chant the empowering school pledge every day. All these efforts and many others make the kids feel like school is an important community where they belong, and where they can succeed and make a difference.

Sunset Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2009
I dont think our school deserves a 5. It should atleast get a 9! The principle and assitant principle are really nice and invovled. The teachers are awesome and understanding. Im an 8th grader and I never want to leave this school. Go Cougars!

Sunset Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2008
The school has gone through quite a few teachers and administrators in the five years its been open. They finally found a great principal and assistant principal team. My kid likes the school.

Posted August 30, 2008
Best school ever! but my kid in 8th grade says they need more fieldtrips!

Sunset Ridge Elementary School
8490 W. Missouri Ave., Glendale, AZ  85305
Last modified Sunset Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top