Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My kids have been at this school since first grade and fourth grade! My son is now going to 5th grade and my daughter going to 8th grade this year. Both have had amazing teachers. There is a lot of changes in teachers but the new teachers and the ones that stay continue to do a great job with the kids. The office staff is always very helpful and friendly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very effective because they are always pushing the students to do their best. They share personal anecdotes to motive their students. They challenge the ones that are advance and help the ones falling behind by individualizing their needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

I like that they do not assign too much homework even though there are times when the kids do come home without homework for several days in a row but I have asked the teachers and they say that they allow the students who are doing well and are ahead of the class to work on their homework during class. So my kids are in that group because they're both doing well in school and bring homework once in a while only.

Develops character: Agree

Teachers are always inspiring the students to be the best they can be. The encourage the students to participate and always grade the students based on the effort they demonstrate on assignments and their behavior.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Me gusta mucho la escuela son muy profesionales y amigables desde los que trabajan en la oficina personal de limpiesa y los maestros.

Es una escuela excelente. El programa que tienen antes de entrar al kinder ayudo mucho a mi niño. Mi hijo ya aprendio ingles y es uno de los mejores alumnos en su salon.

This is a great school. The staff and teachers are like family. The couple of teacher have had a couple of my kids. Its great to have the same teacher your sibling had!!

I was a student, I went there from kindergarten to 7th grade (I'm in 8th now) and I've experienced lots of problems in recent years and it's sad because it used to be such a nice school, I have so many great memories and we used to always be celebrating awards from the district about how great we were and then all of a sudden we got a new principal and things changed. Bullying used to be non-exsistent and then it was at every corner and nothing was being done about it, and I think that's solely because the teachers don't know how to properly handle a situation like that because it used to never happen... Teachers were little to no help at all, either they were too lazy and though cracking jokes all the time was great or they were too strict and got too frustrated to actually teach the material, there was no inbetween and it was really dissapointing. I told my mom I wanted to leave and once I left I realized how many schools there were that could give me better so please don't choose this one.

The new principal has ruined this school!!! It was the best one in the entire district, now its the worst! Parents are NOT welcome by the Principal. He seems to not care about anyone, especially students! He is never around to talk to parents. I will be finding a different school for my children! SR was the best BEFORE this new guy took over. SAD TO SEE THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD HAS LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

Terrible school, only cares about what parents see not the education!! My daughter went to this school a couple of weeks ago for the sixth grade and was treated like dirt. The teacher (i will not name them, i have respect) always flat-out told them that they were practically stupid and needed extreme help, but that is the teacher's job and he's asking others to do it for him! He also makes a phone call home every single day for stupid things like my child getting 4 or 5 answers wrong. He shouldn't be calling me in the middle of work (a job in which calls shouldn't even be answered) for something like that. I would expect he use the "phone call home" consequence for emergencies like cussing, violence, disrespect of teachers, etc. Not because they don't understand the subject! He also rolls his eyes and practically asks if he has to "help" the students when they ask for it, yet he complains that they don't ask for help. We pulled my daughter out of there! I urge you to select another better school! Before it's too late!

Last modified Sunset Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.