Glendale, AZ

Posted June 27, 2014
This is, by far, the BEST school any of my children have attended! The warm feeling when you walk in is AWESOME - those front office ladies are THE BEST!! Teachers go above and beyond to help students and parents. The administration is very helpful too! (Administrators are quite busy but will always return a call, respond to email, or you can schedule an appointment to speak with them directly.) I love that it is a smaller school then most others, that gives it a real "community feeling". Desert Valley gets an A+ EXCELLENT rating from me!!! Thank you for taking care of my child and helping him be the best he can be. He finished 8th grade now but I will continue to tell others how awesome DV is! Now to address some of the negative reviews: I know that a few people have had bully issues, it happens everywhere, but more often then not it is because their child never speaks up! (There are state mandated rules and guidelines that must be followed before a student can be kicked out of a school for bullying - One report is not enough. One report gets the bully suspended but repeated offenses are dealt with harshly at DV.)

Posted April 29, 2014
We transferred our child to the school after friends recommended it to us. Bullying is prevalent at the school and no one seems to do anything about it. When bullying is reported both the bully and the student victim receive the same punishment. There is little or no supervision during lunch in the cafeteria on the playground or during PE. The way in which some of the special ed teachers speak to the younger students is disgusting. I would recommend homeschooling before I ever recommended the school to anyone.

Posted April 24, 2014
An excellent school which I recommend to all people I know , amazing staff the front office , principal and teachers . My son was behind in reading and now he is a realy good reader . Special thanks to his teacher mrs Watson and the reading specialist mrs rose .

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a great school. I cant for the the IB program to start, I hope the are accepted.

Posted March 26, 2014
Desert Valley. There has been issues with this school for sometime. The acedemics are fine but concern over students is quite poor. My child has been alienated from the class they were assigned due to learning disability. Unwilling to understand and take the time to help, my child has been trying to get out of school by going to the nurse. I have moved them out of this school and they have improved greatly.

Posted March 17, 2014
I definitely could not recommend this school based on our experiences. We switched our 4th grader to this school on glowing recommendations from parents whose children had attended Desert Valley throughout their elementary years. The teacher's method is not age-appropriate and does not accommodate those who may need a little extra help to grasp a concept. Our child has became discouraged and developed a very uncaring attitude towards schoolwork, which had not been a problem previously. This staff displayed a total lack of concern when we attempted to switch our child to the only other 4th grade class. We were told there were 3 kids ahead of us who had requested transfers to the other class. At last count, 4 children have transferred out, and our child wasn't one of them. This whole school year has been a struggle and could have gone much better if the school had addressed some obvious problems sooner.

Posted October 11, 2013
I give this school an A+ rating. The teachers and all other staff members are great. They listen to my children and I when we are having issues and are very nurturing. If they do not have answers they find the information for me. I have two children with learning disabilities and the teachers are very patient and very caring. I have older children that went to a different school. By far DESERT VALLEY is the best.

Posted March 18, 2013
My son attends Desert Valley Elementary School and has since Kindergarten. The Admin, Teachers and Staff here are AMAZING - they are some of the most helpful and friendly I have ever met! They truly care about kids and know the children by name. I love how they are always eager to assist me no matter what the issue is. VERY pleased with this school!!

Posted September 27, 2012
We wanted to give this school a chance and tried for several years, but we were continually let down. The same rules were not enforced for everyone. Communication was very poor. Supervision on the buses was practically nonexistent. Bullying was prevalent. When I complained about the bullying I was told that it was partly my child's fault for being too sensitive. Really? Really? That was the go to remark for not stopping bullying? It also seemed that learning at this school took a back seat to getting butts in the seats for funding. I would run, not walk, to almost any other school in, or even out, of the area.

Posted March 30, 2011
I couldn't be happier. My son has been at Desert Valley K - 3rd so far and WOW the teachers have been amazing. The staff/parent support in this school is beyond measure. Keep up the great work teaching / loving our children.

Desert Valley Elementary School
12901 N 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ  85304
Last modified Desert Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top