Heritage School

Public | K-8

Posted May 28, 2014

I have been very impressed with the office staff , teachers and the administration . They have an attitude of going above and beyond for kids. Band and art and the STEM classes are great additions to the school choice. A variety of students attend Hertiage and all seem to get along.

Posted May 28, 2014

I have been teaching at Heritage for 15 years. I consider this school my family and I wouldn't change it for the world. School is what you make of it and those students and parents who get involved enjoy Heritage tremedously! I am proud to be a Heritage teacher!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 6, 2014

A La Paloma sister school in Williams, AZ, Heritage Elementary, allows serious bullying and I know that Ms Janes did not respond to a parent that contacted her regarding it. The principal at Heritage is allowing police report worthy bullying. I know of two parents who pulled out their children from the school this week. However, La Paloma Academy's Ms Janes mentioned to a blog reporter that they expel kids, kids that came from the public schools, Paloma keeps them 100 days and expels them. And well to quote the blog directly: ' the district school won't get any state money for the rest of the year. La Paloma keeps it all.' This makes me understand now why they allow the bullying to go on. I think school districts and the state should be made aware of this, because there is many a parent who can testify to the bullying their children have suffered under a La Paloma Academy school. No homework because it lowers the kids esteem is their excuse. No real history is taught in many classes. Homeschool co-op in the area is far far better.

Posted September 25, 2012

I have gone to this school for my K through 7th grade 2003-2012 it's average school their but if you are looking at a educator point of view most of these teachers are great! of course you will get a couple bad ones. The kids there well...their is always a bad group and a good group and there is bound to be fights every now and than and trouble but if your kid is smart enough he will stay away:) the staff their they seem like there family and there great people ! overall I had good years here and learned a lot from street smart and book smart have a great time if you come here:)

Posted July 6, 2011

When my family relocated to Glendale after Thanksgiving 2010 I was really excited for my 2 girls to start here after reading the reviews. WOW, we were all EXTREMELY dissapointed! There is absolutely NO structure or rules followed here! The 5th grade teacher was the most unorganized and clueless teacher I have ever dealt with. No homework was given because, "there were budget cuts so we aren't allowed to make copies for homework!" What a joke! I researched homework papers on the WEB & printed them from home every night for both of my kids. This school is full of foul mouthed punks that do nothing but pick fights, as well as disrespectful parents who don't care! I personally witnessed a parent hit a student that was not their child & when I asked the principal about this she informed me she'd look into it. It happened again & nothing was done. My 1st grader was so advanced compared to the rest of her class that her teacher had her sit in the back of the room & color instead of giving her something challenging to do! According to the principal, they don't want students to fall behind so they basically lower their standards to make sure everyone is equal!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted June 16, 2009

I am impressed with the Kindergarten curriculum and teachers. Kindergarten students are learning at a higher level.

Posted April 1, 2009

The teachers at Heritage are out of this world. You would not believe how much they honestly care about your child. I just can't say enough about this school they are just wonderful and they honestly promote good strong values. My daughter is in 8th grade this year and I am sorry to be leaving this wonderful staff. Thank you for all you have done for our daughter.

Posted August 6, 2008

When my son started heritage he was noticeable lacking primary education. Partnering up with his teachers we got him back on track. Education is not just the teachers responsibility it is also the parents. Heritage involves the parents in their childrens education!

Posted January 25, 2008

My daughter absoutely loves this school. She has been there for 2 years now and has had nothing but positive experiences with the teachers and staff there. The attendance staff is wonderful and will call if your child is absent and you forget to call.

Posted December 5, 2007

My children have been attending Heritage for over ten years. Overall, our experience has been extremely positive. The environment at Heritage is like one big family, the staff and administration are caring, giving and truly want the best education for our children. When issues have arisen, the staff and administration have rallied to work with the parents to quickly resolve the problems, always keeping in mind the best interest of the students. I have felt very supported through all these years, and believe me one of my children really put them through the ringer. They were patient, kind and understanding through it all.

Posted July 21, 2007

This is the BEST school in the state. You will NEVER get more caring teachers with the HIGHEST Ability. THIS School has a TOP NOTCH STAFF ALL THE WAY AROUND. I would never move untill we are out of this school.

Posted April 26, 2007

I attended Heritage for 5 years. I loved it. Great elementary school!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 23, 2006

My kids have gone to Heritage for 4 years now. They have excelled in school and the teachers are very involved with the the students. I can contact the teachers with no problem if I have any concerns with grades or anything dealing with my child. There is alot of parent involvement, and its very comforting.

Posted May 7, 2006

We've attended Heritage for 5 years & each year is better than the last. Conflicts are handled immediately and efficiently. The cirriculum for 4th grade is challenging but I believe this will prove most helpful for entering the 5th grade. The nursing staff and administration are top notch. I would like to see a bit more communication from administration go home concerning upcoming events. Overall, this school is caring & concerned about the kids future and education. Thank you.

Posted May 3, 2006

Iep teachers are good. Nurse is wonderful. Teachers from 5 grade and above kids have all the responcibility and the teachers take none.

Posted March 4, 2006

This school is a very well teaching school. The only thing I don't like about it is the kids there. I'm not gonna say who but it's not their fault, it's their parents. They are still nice kids. I am a student there and I know.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 20, 2006

Good School - Ms. Ohmes is the best. Ms. Phillips is also great Phy Ed teacher.

Posted December 23, 2005

My daughters have been going to this school for 1 1/2 years. in 7th and 8th grade this year. Last year my oldest switched to this school because of diffuculties at her last school. I was very impressed with the length of involvement the staff is willing to go into the education of my girls. They seem to genuinely care about our family. Thank you.

Posted November 27, 2005

My children were failing in their other schools, but when the started Heritage the teachers took the time to get the up to speed and now my children are A and B students. The teachers are wonderful and sincerely want the best for you child. I hope my childrens High School will be half as great.

Posted July 26, 2005

My children have attended Heritage for two years, starting in the 1st and 4th grades. The love it. I wasn't too pleased with the teacher my daughter had in 1st grade, but her second grade teacher, Mrs. Wainwright, is awesome. My son has had wonderful teachers (Mrs. Nunez & Mrs. Grassman) both years. The nursing staff proved helpful. Office admin could be a bit friendlier, and the music was interrupted halfway thru and my daughter really enjoyed chorus. I'm hoping that returns for the 2005-2006. I also plan to be much more involved this year. I obtained a variance to this school, and am pretty muich pleased with the choice. I had some problems with tardiness with my children, and the principal and I spoke about it. Apparently, she shows concern. I like that too! Overall, fairly good school, and learning appears to be important to the teachers.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

• Lynn Brodie
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (623) 412-4535

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Visit

Elementary school
Middle school

How to apply

Does this school have an application or enrollment process?

Planning Ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Ironwood High School