Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our child attended this school up until right before spring break last year. We were not happy with the school and 1st grade teacher. This school and district is not set up to handle special needs kids contrary to popular belief. If your kid is on the border of doing well or failing, RUN AWAY! We would have had to sue them if we had stayed in order to get the services that he needs. Mrs. Hreniuc was one of the few teachers that we loved(kindergarten.) She truly understood how to deal with our child's issues. We moved out of state and it was the best thing we could do for our child. Our child was behind because of Mirage, but caught up quickly with the help of a great school in California. Also, this school focuses solely on behavior and making your day. We had so many issues at Mirage that never materialized in California because of this system. He was a totally different child once removed from this system! Our child's teacher constantly complained that he couldn't sit still, but Mirage doesn't have enough recesses/breaks for kids without ADHD and so yes, you will have more behavior issues. 1 recess a day during lunch has been well documented in educational circles as not being enough time. Kids skipped lunch to play. Pushing medication onto a child because your school can't create a proper schedule to accommodate breaks, is not acceptable. Almost 7 months later, we are super happy we left Arizona and this toxic learning environment. Yes, there were moments where certain people were great but our overall experience, when put in perspective with a rated 10 school in California, is not good. We almost feel like our child's 1st grade year was a waste academically. If it wasn't for his friends and Mrs. Hreniuc, he wouldn't miss the school.

The teachers are helpful and the Principal is amazing. We were so lucky to find this school!

Best school for Preschoolers ! nice teachers, proper tasks and assignments, good students and teachers ratio.

I am NOT HAPPY with Mirage. My child went there and we had some SERIOUS issues with bullying. Even when it was brought to the 4th Grade Teacher's and Principal's attention, nothing was done. The Principal would do her "investigation" and then it would nearly always be my child's fault. If the 4th grade teacher likes your child, she will always be helpful and do as much as she can for that child, but if she DOESN'T like your child, she will do very little. Plus, the 4th grade teacher doesn't communicate well with the parents. I have recently found out that my child has a problem with the comprehension part of reading and NOTHING was said to me until after I moved him to another school. The 3rd Grade teacher that my child had is REALLY awesome and so are the people in the front office and the School Nurse. These are very caring people. They understood why I made my decision to take my child out of that school and put him in another school. I really didn't want to give Mirage a one star rating because they really deserve no stars. So, if you want your child to be able to excel, please find a different school other than Mirage.

I love Mirage elementary school. Its one of the best I have seen.I love how they all work together to give the kids a great education. They offer many ways to get involved from volunteers(in the classrooms and with the PTSA),to going on school trips, and the many family fun things they do ie family food truck nights, family bowling night, spring fling, ect. They also teach the kids the importance of helping other with things like the giving closets( it was set up to give clothing and hygiene products to those in need) they all do so much and I am proud to be a Mirage parent. Come check us out for yourself.

Mirage Elementary School is a great school! My son has been attending there for the past 3 years and he loves it. The teachers and the staff are wonderful. He looks forward to attending each day.

Mirage School is an amazing community of very caring teachers and staff. We have so much fun learning! I have been a teacher at Mirage for 22 years and have loved every minute. My two children attended Mirage from Preschool through 6th grade and left with many great memories and learning experiences. As adults they often reflect on those times and recall the little touches and efforts made by their teachers and other staff members. Community events such as Food Truck Nights, Literacy and Math activities, give families the opportunity to meet their neighbors and make new friends! Follow Mirage on Facebook! You will find your school family at Mirage!!!!

I love Mirage!! I have four children that have attended Mirage and I am so happy that I chose this school. All the teachers, from Kindergarten through 6th grade care about the well being of students. The teachers not only go above and beyond to prepare them educationally they also are very caring and nurturing when it comes to each childs self esteem. I wish that there was more parent involvement. I went to curriculum night and I was one of 6 parents that showed up for their child.

This is one of the WORST Schools you could ever send your kids too! I worked with my child before she went to school and made sure she knew the "basics" and then some! While in this school she was taught that sounding out EVERY letter is the ONLY way to read...... before going to this school she could break words up in syllables Know she is in first grade and pulled her from this school since they were taking her backwards. She now is in another school and has a hard time because this school taught her NOTHING! I also now a few other students in this school that are in 4th grade that can t ALPHABETIZE! If you want your kids to get an education DON T SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!! and if you have a problem DON T bother leaving a message with the principle she WON T call you back!!! I would LOVE to say they ALLOW parent involvement but I can t! Every time I asked what I could help my child with I was told wait until parent teacher conference then told she was doing GREAT! REALLY, it that was true she would not have such a hard time at this new school! Do yourself a favor and look into another school and district! I wish I could give this school NO stars!!!

My kids truly love going to school. We have been a Mirage family for 6 years and have been so pleased by the dedication of the principal, teachers, staff members and the volunteers of this school. The teachers have been attentive, enthusiastic and have high expectations for the kids. They also really help them to understand what is being taught and they do much of it in ways that are fun for the kids. EVERYONE on staff at this school holds the best interest of the kids as their #1 priority. I would highly recommend Mirage to anyone who is considering enrolling their children.

Last modified Mirage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.