Noah Webster Basic School

Charter | K-6 | 1143 students

Living in Mesa

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $136,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,130.

Posted April 22, 2010

a great school would never put my kids anywhere else

Posted April 22, 2010

I am a teacher at Noah Webster and a parent of two girls who have gone to Noah Webster through all of their elementary school years. My oldest is now graduating from high school with honors a year early. My youngest is in 5th grade and striving daily for excellence. Noah Webster is a well rounded school and is excelling. NWBS helped build great study skills in both of my girls. It also built their confidence in learning. I am a huge believer in their curriculum and outlook on education. I highly reccomend Noah Webster to everyone.

Posted April 22, 2010

I think it's a great school! My kids love it there and are really excelling!

Posted April 22, 2010

Great place for kids to learn! Great place to work!

Posted April 22, 2010

Noah Webster has been the best school my 4 kids have been to. 2 of them were failing and 1 of them needed the extra help and they are all succeeding now since entering in October 2009.

Posted April 22, 2010

Fantastic director, teachers and curriculum!!!

Posted April 20, 2010

All three of my children attended. Very satisfied with their education and supportive loving environment!

Posted April 20, 2010

I am very satisfied with my kids' education at this school. My kids have been on honor roll each semester!! Teachers are great!! Staff are great!! I honestly don't have one complaint about this school........ And I would highly recommend it!!

Posted April 20, 2010

This school is not only concerned with teaching a fine curriculum but also the caring ways of life.

Posted April 20, 2010

Noah Webster is awesom! I have sent three of my kids there, and plan to send the rest. My kids have thrived and all become better and more responsable people.

Posted April 20, 2010

It has helped our daughter excel in her learning. I love the way Noah Webster cares about each child and their individual learning needs.

Posted April 20, 2010

I love this school! I love the entire staff from the custodians, crossing guards to the principal. Everyone seems to pitch in to get the job done. My kids are getting a great education that is far advanced compared to some of friend;s children. They are very focused on respect and character building as well as academia. I feel blessed to have found this school.

Posted April 20, 2010

It takes a tight community to raise good children with values, respect,confidence and 100% participation. Noah Webster is the heart of our community! This school is the best school and deserves the recognition!

Posted April 20, 2010

I love the dedication and positive attitude that just emanates from all the teachers and staff at this school. I've never felt so appreciative for these people helping guide my child through life.

Posted April 19, 2010

Great teachers and Staff. I have a 5th grader at this school and she is working way above grade level. My 7th grader has moved on to junior high and is in honors classes due to the education she has received at Noah Webster. The teachers are awesome and put alot of time and attention into their students. There are alot of activities and fundraisers that the kids love. My daughter has medical problems and they have gone above and beyond to help her. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a top knotch education for their children.

Posted April 19, 2010

Excellent curriculum, dedicated teachers, family environment!

Posted March 9, 2010

My Son has been attending Noah webster since Kindergarden. He is in the second grade now and we are about to pull him out. We have had conssitent problems with his teacher this year not communicating information to us. For example he is left of of class event like valentines day and birthdayy parties. When we ask why the teacher did not send anyhting home she always says she did. His grades began to slip and he fell from an A student to B student and falling very low in two areas, Math and Grammer. We ask the teacher to give us specific examples and she never did. We asked about tutoring and she said there was none available, but sent us private tutor that also works fo rthe school that was going to charge us thousands. It turns out there was tutoring available the entire time. Many more strange issues.

Posted February 5, 2010

My daughter has been going to Noah Webster since Pre-K and I have nothing bad to say about this school! It has awesome teaching staff and awesome facilities! Its a very close knit kind of school and I def would recommend them to everyone!

Posted October 30, 2009

My child is in first grade at NWBS. New this year. My child attended our neighborhood school at Higley last year and I was so very concerned about safety and lack of discipline and overall competence and organization of the school. I found NWBS and decided to try. Yes, it IS different from public school. Is that not why we seek out alternative schools in the first place? I was very surprised at the lack of parent involvement too. I contacted the teacher, let her know I would like to volunteer in the classroom and go in once a week. They welcome me. There is much to be said for the structure and organization NWBS. I actually like that it is run more like a business. My child is in a safe, competent school. She is learning so much and is extremely happy and so am I.

Posted October 27, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Fright Fest was an AMAZING event! Noah Webster, you all did a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

150 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

150 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Male 51%N/A51%

Fax number
  • (480) 354-3490

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now