Mesa, AZ

Posted December 05, 2014
Porter Elementary is an amazing school! When you walk in the door, you know your child is safe and loved. The office staff is VERY helpful. The teachers are devoted to the best interests of the students. The school provides multiple opportunities for the families to become involved (STEM Night, PTO, Turkey Trot, etc.) I am grateful I chose this school for my child.

Posted September 25, 2014
Porter Elementary Mesa, AZ Definitely a 5 Star school all the way! This school is consistently a top performer in my opinion!

Posted May 09, 2014
I have two students who attend Porter. I have always been very pleased with their teachers. Recently the administration has changed and you can see life back in the school again. Kids love it. Teachers are happy. Test scores are up. They have been promoting pride and I see it at the school.

Posted June 09, 2011
This school is amazing!! We have tried charter schools as well as a montessori school (which was a disaster) and Porter is by far the best we have had experience with. The principal and teachers care very much for their students. They have parent groups and committees to make the school even better. Our son is happier at Porter than he has been at any other school. He is getting a very good education and we are very satisfied with Porter and its staff!

Porter Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2011
The whole environment in this school is unsatisfactory. The teaching is on lowest level one could imagine. The principal's note below is totally wrong. Official school score is at 3 out of 10. The management is not concerned with achieving high level of education.

Posted April 18, 2011
This year Porter Elementary School scored 99% A's and B's on Mesa Public School's District's Parent Survey!! We have consistently scored between 94% and 97% over the past five years. This year's score is the highest we have every received. We are very proud of our continued parent support, Parent Resource Center, and the numerous ways we involve parents in meaningful ways at Porter. We work very hard at creating and maintaining a over-all "Porter Family" school environment for our community. Achieving a 99% rating validates that our parent's realize Porter is a GREAT School! Thank you parents, for recognizing our hard work and supporting our belief that parents are the most important educational influence in their child's life. Our home -school partnership is essential to our students success. Sincerely, Mr. T. LaMantia: Principal

Porter Elementary School 2

Posted December 11, 2009
Porter is quickly declining from what it used to be. It is no longer, in my opinion, a great school. Teachers are encouraged to send a child home if the child disagrees or argues, fights with a sibling, or other minor infraction. Children that have a parent that work or volunteers at the school are never diciplined (I know, my child is one of them) even when they deserve it. The younger teachers can't seem to handle their class rooms, and will 'pigeon-hole' your child into whichever category suits them. Children are unique from day to day, but not at this school, once they think they have them figured out, they never stray from that track. I am fed up to here with the school, and have decided to pull my kids and place them in a school that fosters a learning environment rather than pointing out flaws.

Porter Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2008
My two boys go to Porter. I love their teachers, but the students are a hard group to deal with, and I dont see any of the staff doing much about bullies. On the other hand, I have always had good communication with the staff about homework..schoolwork..etc. The 4th grade curriculum this year is different. It used to be studying about Arizona, and this year it is about studying Mexico, which is fine, but I think the students would get more out of it by learning about the state they live in. Another thing, is the combined classes. i think Porter needs more teachers, so they dont have to combine grade levels together in one class. I think it takes away from the students learning time because the teacher has to spend half the time addressing the students that are in a different grade as the others.

Posted October 10, 2008
Our two oldest enjoyed their time here at Porter. The teachers were very interested in them as individuals and it was the first time I had my child invite their teacher to birthday parties, baptisms, etc. Always felt welcome as a parent and enjoyed helping out by reading stories or setting up for an event. Happy times which we miss now being in Germany where the school system is dire.

Posted November 29, 2006
I think Porter is an outstanding school. I have two sons who have attended Porter from kindergarten through 6th grade. The both have done very well academically. The teachers really care about the students. The school focuses on the 'whole child', not just academics. The principal, Tony LaMantia does an outstanding job. He really cares about the kids. The band and orchestra instructors are excellent as are all of the teachers. I highly recommend Porter and am very thankful my children were able to go there.

Porter Elementary School
1350 S. Lindsay Dr., Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Porter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top