Posted August 22, 2014
This review is solely about A.V.I.D. teacher Mrs. Pursley This woman is an outstanding teacher who genuinely cared about the success of my child ( and all the children ). Her teaching style is so unique and so intriguing that it almost made me want to go back and get a teaching degree just so I could do what she's doing. The environment of her classroom is low lit, relaxing, and extremely creative. I wish there were more teachers like her. All of my sons teachers from Poston have been great, but honestly, Pursley is a cut above the rest and should be recognized as such.

Posted April 03, 2014
Poston Jr. High is a good school, experienced teachers, great counselors, great psychologist, awesome band programs, just wish it was still 7,8,9th grades, not just 7&8 grades as it is now.

Poston Junior High School 4

Posted July 27, 2012
This school is rated one of the top Junior Highs in Mesa and it should be! Any problems I had were resolved quickly by the teachers or principle!

Posted June 10, 2011
Poston Junior High is a GREAT school. This year will be my final year here because I am moving into ninth grade and going to Mountain View. This school has great teacher, coaches and just the best of every thing. The only thing our school needs is a little more funding. The pool has been shut down and is suppose to be filled in with cement, but that was two years ago. But yea. Over all this school is one of the best in mesa and i only say that because i have a couple friends that go to Taylor, Stapley, Brimhall, and Rhodes. Most of them really dont like it here and say that alot of bad stuff happens there. also the students are really friendly, we all really just hang out in a huge group. Well this school is awesome, but I'm looking forward to be a MVT!

Posted September 20, 2010
I went to Poston for a few months waaaay back then. At the time I was new to Mesa and it took some time to get adjusted. I thought it an excellent school, but this was eons ago. Not sure about now, it has been many years. It would be nice to connect with some of my all classmates, those who remember me...GO PANTHERS! To me, getting an education depends on you - as far as I am concerned, teachers are guides, showing you the way. It is then up to us, those who are the learners to absorb and use what is handed to us to make our own path. Good luck and a double thumbs up to the most unappreciated profession; teaching! THANK YOU for showing me the way...

Poston Junior High School 4

Posted July 17, 2010
Not sure what this parent is referring to when he/she mentions Poston as a poor school with gang violence? There are no gangs on campus...give me a break. As far as clubs, there are several to choose from. Their child just needs to ask around. This is a school with high academic standards and a caring staff. Yes, the school population has changed, but the staff continually rises to the occasion to be an excelling school.

Poston Junior High School 1

Posted June 28, 2010
Poston Junior High school is one of the worst and poorest schools in the mesa school district, there are very little clubs, not many teachers care about those who do not succeed In classes, The teachers treat the students with very little respect and ethnicity plays a great part in the learning experience, Those of other ethnicity and sometimes religion do not get treated well, Security consists of four officers who do not set good examples for the kids, one who does NOT like children, lots of gang violence, and most of the kids there smoke/do drugs, I would NEVER recommend anyone ever going to this school, This school is the worst school i've ever seen

Poston Junior High School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
Our son attend Shepherd. The music teacher here Mr. Pastor is incredible with the kids and really cares.

Poston Junior High School 0

Posted December 16, 2009
I am a parent and so far the school has not lived up to its reputation for making sure students are safe from bullying. Very disappointed in the faculty and some of the teaching skills that the teachers demonstrate. Any event that I have attended has been very disorganized and again a majority of the teachers are rude and uncaring.

Poston Junior High School 2

Posted May 27, 2009

Poston Junior High School
2433 E Adobe, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Poston Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poston Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.