Bad
Good

My child has failed the last two years and at the end of the year he was given a five page packet and told he has a D now. He gets moved to the next grade and forgotten about. Don't forget about all the money I spend making him take off his clothes before he gets home from the BED BUG out break that has lasted over two years.

I went to this school as a child, and now my daughter goes there! I believe it is an excellent school, the teachers are wonderful and truly care for their students. All the other staff is very helpful and sweet. I am so glad my daughter gets to attend the same elementary school that I did. She loves her school and the staff that works there. She is always excited for school in the mornings. I wouldn't have her go anywhere else, if we moved I would find a way to get her a boundary exception. Taft is a wonderful school and I appreciate all the staff for being such caring wonderful people!!!!

My son went to a school in our school district for 3 yrs (1 1/2 yrs in their preschool program, Kindergarten, and 1/2 year of 1st grade). Even with their expertise, guidance, and assurance that he was ready to advance, he lacked the fundamental basics in reading, writing, and math. My husband and I worked with our son while at home, but unfortunately we did not possess the right keys that he needed. The only 'help' that the local school offered was suggesting that he be put into Special Education. Although we would have to provide transportation, we made the decision to transfer him to Taft Elementary School, and Wow, what a difference! First of all, the teachers and front office staff truly care about all of their students. They are dedicated tot heir students and willing to give each child the tools needed to succeed. My son started Taft in Nov (2009) and by the time winter break came, he had advanced to Level K in math (he was placed into a remedial class at the other school and was still failing). As of 2 weeks ago, he was in Level Q. At the beginning of 1st grade, the only thing that he could write was his name, and simple words, but could not string a sentence together without help . Through Taft, he is able to write complete, fairly detailed paragraphs now. And reading...oh how he LOVES it! He reads after breakfast, in the car, and even before bedtime. He especially loves to read out loud to his 5 year old sister, and to me while I'm cooking dinner. My son is a different child now - he shares his day with us ( the most we got before was talk about lunch and recess), and is a happier boy with much more self-confidence and self-worth now.

I am extremely unhappy with this school. If you have an opportunity to take your child to another school I would strongly recommend it! The principal is not involved like the other posts say, the teachers are not up to par and the aides should not even be allowed on campus.

so far I really like this school. My son is in kindergarten and has Ms. Knoles, she is new and seems so kind to the students. My son really likes his teacher and can't wait until the next day of school. I was very nervous putting my child into a public school, I kept hearing about the over crowding, no school supplies etc, so far I am very impress. Taft seems that they still have money and still have the extra currculum activitise for their students.

Fantastic, we have been involved with Taft for 9 years and absolutely love it. We now live in Queen Creek and drive our kids in every day because of how good Taft is with our kids. Thank you to the entire Taft staff

Last modified Taft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.