Public charter
Mesa, AZ
Before care: Yes

Learning Foundation - Stapley 4

Posted September 22, 2014
Actually my experience has been 5 star, but am always reluctant to rate anything as "perfect".... My granddaughter has been attending this school since 3rd grade when she moved to Mesa from Sierra Vista. It was a heart wrenching experience for my husband and I to have our only grandchild move away. To make matters worse (for me), I was a Principal's Secretary at the school she had attended since PreK and had "guided" her school experience since she was 3 years old! Losing "control" of her education was so hard for me. With my daughters permission, I contacted Mrs. Rucker even before the move was finalized and explained our unique situation. I can only say she has been WONDERFUL! Every little concern has been addressed and she has gone above and beyond to get my reluctant learner to school on bad days and has been helpful in many areas to my daughter as well. My granddaughter is another 5th grader, and although I have only met her teacher, I know my granddaughter seems to love her. I feel confident that her education is almost as important to the staff at Stapely as it is to me ") Thank you Mrs. Rucker for all you do! I know from experience what a tough job you have.

Posted September 21, 2014
I just read the last few comments about this school, and I can't agree more with the two parents who like the 5th grade teacher at this school! I have two children and other nieces and nephews at this school. While both of my children's teachers are wonderful, I can't be more pleased with my 5th grader's teacher. For the first time in history, I do not have to nag to get homework done, and she gets up every morning excited about going to school. I don't have to ask about what she did in school, because she tells me before I ask. I don't know where you found this teacher, but she is a gold mine! Cu-do's to Learning Foundations!

Posted August 27, 2014
After reading the negative review by a parent from the Stapley Campus, nothing could be further from the truth. My child has been there since kindergarten and is now in the fifth grade. The teachers are new, but the fifth grade teacher has many years of experience. In my opinion, I wished they went beyond sixth grade. Is there a possibility?

Posted August 27, 2014
Everything about this school is GREAT! Although, there has been some personnel changes this year which made me a little nervous. My daughter loves her new 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Summers! She is so excited about the projects they will be doing this year! I just wanted to give a shout out to Mrs. Rucker for doing a GREAT job hiring a new teacher. It is reassuring to know that a principal cares as much about my daughter's education as I do. Thank you! Looking forward to another GREAT year!

Learning Foundation - Stapley 1

Posted August 25, 2014
Had a little problem in 2013/2014 school year, however was quickly resolved and great school otherwise. 2014/2015 school year is in 3rd week and have had a horrible experience with 2 separate teachers. One teacher has yelled at the children, whispers in their ears until t hey cry. The other teacher comes in and yells at the crying children. No response from administration after 2 weeks of complaining (the first 2 weeks of school). The principal wants as little to do as possible with the children or protection of children. As little to do with paperwork. Avoid this school if you want your children in a safe environment.

Posted April 17, 2014
I have two kids who have been here at the Learning Foundation since kindergarten. I love how much they are learning and are held accountable for their work and grades. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a warm and friendly place where your children can succeed and have fun learning.

Learning Foundation - Stapley 2

Posted October 25, 2013
my son goes to this school if your child is doing well in school then you will love it .I love that this is a smalll school and all the staff knows your child by name and they are so friendly. But if you your child is struggling as mine is he then this is not the school for you.My son has been tested by a psychologist and that was only because I have been telling them there was a problem and they knew it too but would dismiss it by "oh boys are a little slower or he will grow out of it if he doesn't improve by so and so time we will test him NEVER DID THEY until I had him tested by a professional Psychologist and he is mildly Dyslexic and has an audotory processing issue and he needs extra help even with proof in paper they still won't help. They tested him with their psychologist and said he is fine and they will watch him and they will help him or test him again when they think is necessary this has been going on for almost 3 years.I am still looking for a new school which has been hard to find here in Az. From a frustrated parent

Posted March 26, 2013
I love this school. The office Staff is awesome and they do a great job of making you feel right at home. The teachers really care about the kids and make sure that they are doing their work on a daily basis. They make sure they are prepared for AIMS and as well provide healthy lunches and breakfast.

Posted January 07, 2013
My two daughters have attend Learning Foundation and they both LOVE IT! The teachers and staff are wonderful and always willing to go the extra mile to help in anyway possible!!!!

Posted April 09, 2012
I have two children at this school and my kids love the balance of academics and elective classes. Both my children are straight A students and love their teachers. I love the extra time they help my children with homework.

Learning Foundation - Stapley
851 North Stapley Drive, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Learning Foundation - Stapley is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learning Foundation - Stapley Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top