Imagine East Mesa Elementary School

Charter | K-6

Living in Mesa

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $88,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted today

My son is starting his 3rd year (kindergarten through now 2nd grade) and we are very excited about the coming school year. The teachers are well trained in identifing the education needs of each individual student and really helped us to develope a balanced home/school schedule that directly impacted his grades and performance. My husband is a parent volunteer in class and appreciates how fluid the educators are in adapting to new testing requirements. Overall, I would highly recommend Imagine East Mesa. My thanks to the faculty and staff there for all their dedication and hard work educating the youth of our community and continuing to establish teast school results that are at or above state testing levels. Keep moving forward!

Posted June 23, 2014

My son Is going on his 4th year at IEM. We had our struggles in the beginning with a teacher & administration staff turn over, but we are beyond happy with the education my son is getting!! Ms Porter in 1st grade is an amazing teacher and has great new ideas & so happy my son had her for 1st grade!! She really changed his thoughts on school & he is so excited to go! This year, my son had Mrs VanLonkHuyzen..... Mrs Van is incredible!! I was able to help out in the class room, so glad I was able to watch her interaction with the kiddos, she truly loves the kiddos and works her hardest to help each child out individually!! After all the changes with the administration, I'm so happy with who they have & the group is awesome!! There will always be turn over at schools, every school has their issues and people think the grass is greener on the other side but you will eventually be back.

Posted May 14, 2014

This school has been a joke over the last year my son has attended, talk about being left behind. There shouldn't a reason why all of his class work is being done incorrectly and not even noticed by teacher. No one stopping him to make sure to explain or make sure he is understands the work. He will now be repeating Kindergarten at a better school.

Posted April 6, 2014

I think the fact that teachers are posting is a positive thing. I have been at this school for 8 years. There isn't any other place that I would rather be working. The fact that the teachers love the school is an added bonus for our students. I truly believe if a person is happy where they work, they are blessed! I love how I feel valued as an individual and can feel comfortable and free to add my own personality and passions into my daily routines. This allows our students to have many types of experiences they may not have in a public school. My animals create leadership roles and the development of responsibility and respect. Many of the teachers go above and beyond the planning and teaching in their own classrooms. We've provided meals for the community and work hard to make sure that our students' basic needs are met. Teachers tutor after school, during breaks and early morning. Through a few major transitions we've come out strong and better than ever! I am proud to be a part of the Imagine East Mesa family and enjoy watching the students develop and grow into the leaders of the future! Going to work with such amazing kids is truly a joy!

Posted April 4, 2014

Imagine East Mesa is a great school and a great place to work. Coming from a public school IEM is a breath of fresh air. The teachers, leadership team, instructional aides and office staff are incredible. We are a family who work together to meet the needs off all students. People who post negative reviews are simple minded and don't know what's best for kids. I am confident in saying IEM is a GREAT school. Come see for yourself if you don't believe me.

Posted April 4, 2014

Imagine East Mesa is a great place to work with amazing leadership. I have been a teacher there for the last two years and have loved every minute of it, especially in comparison to other schools I have worked at. I am feel very supported and everyone on staff comes together to support children however they need it! IEM is a great place to be!! Go Roadrunners!!!

Posted April 4, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, I have had nothing but great experiences my entire year here as a teacher. From the administration to the office staff and fellow teachers and support staff, I have never met more wonderful and caring individuals. Not being here last year I cannot speak for the turmoil, but I cannot understand how a teacher could leave their position mid-year. I know some were due to extreme illness and family issues and those must come first, but anything else is inexcusable. We make a commitment to our students for the school year and regardless of our personal feelings towards the administration or other staff members, we must honor that commitment. What exactly are we teaching our children when we quit?

Posted April 4, 2014

My son was with the Florence Unified District for 7 years. I worked day in and day out with him and there were always multiple excuses about not wanting to go to school. His grades were persistent C's and high D's. His older teachers used to call me and tell me he NEVER applied himself. I ended up pulling him out in November 2013 due to a separate issue that was ignored for almost a year. On his first report card he was ALL A's! I have never seen him so excited to show me a report card. He raves about EVERY teacher and I get compliments on him. Our teachers go out of their way to help students, even after school! One of our teachers said "If he can't figure out his homework here's my cell phone number you have him call me!" Seriously!!!! Where else are you going to find this kind attention?! East Mesa should have been my son's home from the beginning! I love our veteran teachers and love seeing so many of them advancing within the Imagine Family!

Posted April 4, 2014

This was my first year teaching at this school and it has been amazing. The administration is very supportive and the entire campus is a huge family. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and work well together. I am so impressed that I am pulling my child out of public school and bringing them here next year. If I had ANY doubts in my mind about this school, my own child would not be attending. I know my child will get the best education possible here from the amazing staff.

Posted February 23, 2014

I have two children who attend here and love it. The teachers are awesome and communicate with me all of the time. I volunteer once a week and the atmosphere is great. The school has many after school programs/sports that the children can be part of. I think they are doing a great job!

Posted February 4, 2014

This is my 5th year with Imagine. Out of the 5 years there was only one year I questioned whether or not I made the right choice to move from a public school. I DID! I have been nothing but impressed with the Leadership the last two years, the Teacher's are all Highly Qualified, the support staff are welcoming and friendly, and the office staff always have a smile on their faces. But the most important reason I love this school is my kids! They love going everyday! This is truly an awesome school. :)

Posted January 27, 2014

I am not impressed at all with the office staff and how they handle issues with the children. The rules are not the same across the board. Once child does and action, the other does the same thing and the actions taken are completely opposite. they also have nothing to offer kids with special needs. They have no staff to accommodate the needs of these kids. If your child is smart and can fly under the radar this school is for them. We have three kids there 2 do great and the other no so much. Disappointed and after 5 years with this school we are saying goodbye.

Posted November 4, 2013

My 4th grader is very happy at this school. I am not sure if the negative reviews are posted to the correct school - every concern we have had about bullying were promptly and appropriately addressed. Some new teachers, some have been there for quite some time - normal in every school, and not sure why it matters, since the kids get a new teacher each year. Regardless, the staff is kind and caring, and they seem to know all of the kids. I will be enrolling a kindergartener next year.

Posted October 10, 2013

At the end of the 2012-2013 school year, I withdrew both of my kids from this school. The rate of teacher turnover was staggeringly high under the administration at that time, and including the unexplained firing of my son's favorite teacher. The administration at the school does not appear to be trustworthy, and continually engages in cover-ups and double-speak. And they permit bullying and other forms of abuse by students on the campus, with no significant consequences for the perpetrators (my son's class). This was easily the worst elementary school I have ever encountered, and I'm quite content with my decision to send my children elsewhere.

Posted September 14, 2013

My grandsons have attended this school since pre-k. One is in fourth grade and the other in second. I have volunteered in their classrooms once weekly for tne past five years. I have been very happy with the genuine caring of the teachers and support staff. I am able to observe not only what is going on in their classrooms, but I get to see how the students in other rooms behave in the hallways. I walk past many classrooms and am always pleased to see students actively engaged. The music program is outstanding. I heartily recommend this school.

Posted August 26, 2013

not a good school.... very dirty... non- friendly no smiling face... lot of favorism.. money hunger..... non accessible.... no communication.. and the list goes on and on... will not return next year

Posted August 16, 2013

This was my childs first school, there was POOR Communication with the front office; instead of getting informatiom... I always had to request it. I got more information at Taft Elementry then here. Where's the high standars??

Posted July 1, 2013

Imagine East Mesa is an excellent school! All of the teachers and staff on campus teach the students character education and with the Leader in Me program we are truly growing leaders on our campus. Our school now offers Band and Choir in middle school and we have winning sports teams. Our Elementary Honor Society is going to do great things for our community. We are a school that is passionate about helping those in need and making our community stronger. Our Preschool program is unbelievable and our Before and After care program is professionally run and the kids love it! I have worked here for several years now and I never see myself working for any other school.

Posted May 20, 2013

This was my childs first year there. The management was so bad that it effected the students ability to learn. Teachers were coming and going like a revolving door. The bullying by many of the student body were not handled effectively and were never stopped.

Posted May 10, 2013

I have 2 children at Imagine East Mesa. My oldest has been attending since Kindergarten and will be entering 6th grade next year. Imagine East Mesa has the most caring and dedicated staff I have ever encountered. They value academics but they also value and educate the "whole" child. Everyone at the school from the leadership, the teachers, the aides, EVERYONE is invested 100% to help my child not only be successful academically but to be successful as a kind and caring person. I recommend Imagine East Mesa to everyone I meet.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Male 49%N/A51%

Fax number
  • (602) 445-8100

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now