Posted June 20, 2014
I have a second grader that had Ms. Murphy this year and she loved being in her class. She is really excited about going to third grade too. All of the teachers are always friendly in the afternoons when I pick her up and she is always excited to go to school.

Posted June 10, 2014
We love this school! I had considered putting my kids in a district school because of the easier transportation but when I mentioned it to them, my kids had a fit and said they don't ever want to go to any other school.

Posted April 05, 2014
I am a student at this school and it is absolutely horrible and unacceptable. I wanted to go to a good performing arts school to have fun and be able to do the things I enjoy doing and get the grades I try so hard for but, here it's anything but fun. First the teachers are very unprofessional and rude, they don't even care about the students unless you are on the basketball team or top dancer in cheer. They have huge amounts of favoritism, if they don't like you, you're going to find out. I know this to be true. And the principle she is one of the worst, she is completely different when there aren't any parents around and the things she says and does and how the teachers treat the students here totally ruined my want to even come to school I used to love school until coming here. Also there are huge amounts of bullying and nothing is done about it, the teacher will see and hear it going on and they do absolutely nothing at all! In fact the teachers here even bully, spreading rumors and gossip about students they don't like, it's disgusting I plan to leave when the school year is over, and hopefully something is done about these horrific events that go on here. It's wrong.

Posted April 02, 2014
As a parent coming from another state I am very cautious about who my children are around for most of the day. That is why I chose a charter school. This school has allowed me access to the campus and I am able to be involved with my children's learning. They are warm and inviting. I have had the opportunity to meet several elementary teacher because of I have multiple children. I have yet to have any concerns.

Posted April 02, 2014
This is our first year at LFPA and we love it. My daughter is in 7th grade and had never played the piano in her life. I was so proud to watch her at the last performance. I like to volunteer a lot at the school and the school did make me obtain a Fingerprint clearance card in order to do so, but I was ok with that. My daughter loves Mrs. Linder and is always bragging about all the fun things she does with the kids and how she always dresses up and makes the dances and stuff fun. Whenever I sign in and out to volunteer the gal at the front is always friendly and when Ms. Triggs and Ms. Rutledge aren't tied up they always say hi and thank me for everything I do. We love it here and hope they invite us back next year and continue to let me help.

Posted April 02, 2014
I like the school. We may not have things that other schools have, but we make up for it with other things like our performing arts and trips like School In the Woods. We even won Division Champions for Ultimate Frisbee this year. I have been attending LFPA Alta Mesa for 8 years and I am about to graduate next month. The school has done a lot for me. I probably would not be graduating if not for the school and their resource department. I wouldn't change anything other than maybe the use of cell phones, but I understand why it is a school policy.

Posted April 01, 2014
I think that the people raving about the school must be personal friends of the principal and teachers. Unless you come from a dreadful school you will not be pleased. Substandard all the way around. They do about 3 talent shows per year. Nothing that different from a conventional school. There is NO real emphasis on the arts. It is run like a reform school or alternative school.

Posted March 31, 2014
Learning Foundation and Performing Arts school Alta Mesa Campus is not a very good school. You get students who bully others and they get away with it. 2 out of the 4 high school teachers are the only good thing about this school. The rest including the principle, and secretary at the front desk and other staff members are very unprofessional. The teachers are lazy, judgmental, and have huge favoritism. Including the principle. So if your student is having bully issues or needs help or for any reason needs to deal with the principle if they are not liked or in the favorites of staff nothing will be done except your student getting a write up for some made up story. Also, they discriminate about sexual orientation, and they get away with it since the learning foundation district office doesn't care either. So if your child is serious about learning DO NOT send them to this school.

Posted November 06, 2013
My high-school son loves this school! The school belongs to an Ultimate Charter League, and Alta-Mesa won Conference Champs. It's nice to see a small charter school still be involved in sports.

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Alta Mesa 3

Posted September 22, 2013
I wanted to love this school, I really did. I adore the principal, I adored the after school instructor, and I loved my daughter's teacher VERY much. However, my daughter had been struggling at her other school, due to it's accelerated learning program. When she got Straight A's, I realized it wasn't remotely challenging for her. I brought her in assured it was the same type of a school as the school she was leaving, and for the arts program. Neither promise panned out quite as I hoped. Also, she was bullied in an appalling manner. Her life was threatened- TWICE. The after school teacher was quite concerned, but, the principal, wasn't very forthcoming with any answers regarding what happened. Because of these things, we had no choice but to pull her out. I hesitate in writing anything, as I really love the staff. I understand this comes from the home, not the school, but, the bullying was appallingly horrific.

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Alta Mesa
5761 E. Brown Rd., Mesa, AZ  85205
(480) 635-1900
Last modified Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Alta Mesa is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Alta Mesa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.