Mesa, AZ

Adams Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2014
My child attended this school for Kindergarten last year. Because we are involved in his education, he did really well. Unfortunately that's not the case for all students. Many students' parents are not involved at this school, and it shows. There are opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's class (PTA, Family Literacy, Volunteering, SIAC, etc.). Many of the teachers care a great deal about their students, but you can tell they have a lot on their plates...

Posted September 08, 2014
Deberian tener mas lineas de telefono para atender mejor a los padres estoy tratando de llamar por 30 minutos y en uno de tantos intentos alguien levanto el telefono y me colgo

Posted August 12, 2014
this is school is terrible ,My son was going to this school and got transferred to a different school, thats when we realised how far behind He really was ,,very few teachers with experience most of the good teachers are gone to better schools that alone should tell you something. I wish I was able to do cero starts, don't recommend any parent to take their kids there by choice some kinder garden teachers are just there to collect a check

Posted July 08, 2014
This school was terrible. I didn't like the fact that they changed my child's teacher because of "too much crowding". There was never any type of recognition for honor roll, perfect attendance, etc. I didn't like that they never had award assemblies. I didn't feel that my child was challenged at all. My child's teacher had to go on a leave right in the middle of the year so she had to adapt to a different teacher. Some of the staff were not friendly at all and always yelling at the kids. The teachers did not care at all of my child excelling. Most teachers just seemed to be there because they were getting paid. The kids too were rude and disrespectful. I always heard older kids using curse words. The staff allowed parents to "park" in the drop off zone. Overall this school was terrible and I would not recommend any parent to send their child there. Parking was terrible too.

Posted April 21, 2014
This school is terrible. My son has been going here for 2 years now and he is not succeeding here. The school doesn't offer appropriate tutoring classes for my child. Instead giving of giving results all the staff doesn't is make excused and gets nothing done. I would not ask any parent to put their child in this school unless you want teachers that are not compliant with state and iep rules.

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2014
Honestly I was a student here and this school has been a terrible experience. Teachers don't really care at all and some students are so very rude. I didn't even last a year in this school. However it's not ALL bad some people are nice. Education was very poor in my opinion. I supposed to enrolled for 1year and as soon as I went out to go to a different school I realized I was behind by a lot!!! This gave me poor grades at my new school. It took me a while to get my usual good grades. This school has some great people but I would not chose to go back.

Posted March 11, 2013
I have sent my son here for the past two years (which I truly regret now).... and I always said I would refuse to take my son to this school based on their failing test scores year after year. I ended up giving them a chance and I regret it now. This school will FAIL your child and your child will be completely unprepared for middle/high school. The teachers do not care if your child is passing or failing. I just recently found out that my son has not even had a science class the entire year! Apparently this school has no budget to teach science! I have never heard of such a thing. I am warning all parents that want their child to suceed, DO NOT send your child to this school! The child will fall behind to the extreme and end up struggling to catch up at any school you put them in afterwards. Do your research on this school, please check out their test scores!

Posted July 27, 2011
I read most of the reviews and wonder are the parents really looking into everything I have researched test scores with other elementry schools and Adams is not good at all. There scores are not the worse but they are bad. You should research before making a review. Arizona in all I beleive ranks 49 out of 50 states does that tell you something.

Posted May 15, 2008

Adams Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2008
My son and daughter go to Adams Elementary School and have for the past 4 years. My son has had the same teacher for all of those years and she is wonderful. Mrs. Brenan. She will get a new set of children next year. If you want a great teacher I hope you get your child in her class. My daughter had a different experience her 3rd grade teacher was really bad and left during the school year (which was a good thing). So she didn t do well that year. After her trying 3rd grade year the 4th grade teacher had to catch up the whole class from last year and keep them on track for the new years lessons. Mrs. Amaya has done this very well and the children are excelling. I would recommend Adams to new students. Thank you Adams. Ms. Gaines

Adams Elementary School
738 S Longmore, Mesa, AZ  85202
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top