Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted April 06, 2015
Having a great experience this year (first year- came from a private school that taught ahead of public schools that closed down) . Teachers are creative and teach a variety of subjects in a way that is engaging. STEM class is the highlight for my child and the projects and the follow on activities cover some concepts not normally covered in other schools. Incidentally, the school is not next to a casino. It is a hotel as one would find near a university campus which is what the Polytechnic Campus is.

Posted February 19, 2015
We recently asked for more information so that we can make an educated assessment of whether we want our son to attend this school. Not only could they not provide additional information about their academia and/or student culture, but they encouraged us to submit an online interest form if an opening should occur. As active parents, we felt underwhelmed by their response and lack of communication for prospective students and their parents.

Posted October 31, 2014
My children attended for 5 years and the decline is sad. The test scores are getting lower and lower. The public schools are performing better! The school teaches to the lower middle learners and they have 32 kids in the classroom. A huge casino looms over the property/playground. We took our kids out and found they were lacking test taking skills, math facts as well as language art skills.

Posted October 29, 2014
ASU Prep Poly elementary is an amazing school. Couldn't be happier with the quality of education my kids receive

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic Elementary 2

Posted October 21, 2014
We attended for 4 years and it has been going down hill! Way over crowded classrooms, discipline issues and lack of involved parents. The test scores have dropped lower each year yet the school only adds more kids. Really chaotic and the curriculum is ever changing. ASU Prep has sadly lost focus!

Posted October 14, 2014
ASU Prep is an amazing school. The teachers are phenomenal! My oldest child has been there for 7 years now, with both younger siblings at school there now as well. I never thought my love for a school could grow with each additional year there, but for ASU Prep, it does. The teachers really get to know your kids and help you make decisions that are best for them. The focus on STEM education has my 7th grader in Lego Robotics, researching current technologies in order to solve problems by designing future technology, and designing their own mobile phone apps. My 2nd grader is reading chapter books, doing research for presentations and learning multiplication. My preschooler tells me every day about the "works" they do. I could not be happier with the level of education they are receiving.

Posted June 22, 2014
The teachers are absolutely amazing and they teach beyond the standard curriculum. Each child is challenged at and beyond their individual levels and every single student has an ILP which teachers, students and parents communicate quarterly about together. Spanish begins in Kindergarten and there are quarterly summative evenings where students present their outstanding work to their families. This school is truly impressive!

Posted January 16, 2014
With the new school year, Fall 2013, ASU Prep at the Poly campus opened a new elementary school with a lot of wonderful resource updates. A playground, new computers, and interactive stations have added a much needed, and appreciated, outlets for the children to learn, play and interact. My children have been attending for four years and compared to other public schools, I appreciate how this school is centered around the child's learning needs and not teaching every child the same.

Posted January 03, 2014
Wow, this school really went downhill after a few years. It has the most inconsistent lineup of teaching staff I've ever seen, it wasn't even in a full facility despite being on a college campus, and it's really quite sad how much the school's philosophy has changed from when it started. Most of the Students are miserable and don't even enjoy being in school, or at least this is coming from a former ASU Prep High School student(left the school, and good riddance).

Posted November 04, 2013
ASU Prep Academy is absolutely amazing. We moved our children from a small school where they had a lot of attention, but it was lacking in the academics area. We are more than impressed with the level of leadership at the school, the teachers are absolutely outstanding and care so much about the children. The unique setup of the school and the classrooms allows for a very independent but structured dynamic (it may not be or everyone, but it works very well and would urge parents to come for a tour). I have been very happy with the level of progress my children are making as well as the way that they are assessed. They do not miss a beat and I can honestly say that my children are under such wonderful care. The communication has been very good. I read the other review and I am honestly surprised another parent feels that way, but all I can say is that communication between parents and teachers goes both ways - the principal and the teachers have a lot of parents to interact with and it is our job as parents to ask for the resources and tools that we need to help support our students if we feel there is a deficiency. Bottom line: so far so good - we love the school!!

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic Elementary
, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top