Bad
Good

It seems in years past that some of the comments being left expect Eagleridge to be like any public school, it is not it is an enrichment program! I love the school and three of my children attend Eagleridge at this time. They offer great balance between Homeschooling and the public school system. My son is in sixth grade this year he has learned to play two different instruments and was able to participate in Mesa Honor Band due to the tutelage of Mr. Hink. He enjoys the project based learning that they incorporate. My eldest daughter is in third grade this year she attends Three days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays she has band and stays later with my son. She is very much looking forward to next year because in fourth grade they start to be able to pick their own classes each hour on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. My youngest daughter is in first grade this year with Mrs. V and loves it she also attends Tuesday and Thursday, last year she attended Mondays only. I liked the principal Mr. LaMantia and was sad when he left. I had some initial trepidation's about Ms. Simms but she seems to be adjusting well to the differences between home-school parents and kids and public school parents and kids. When my youngest son is of age I plan on sending him to Kindergarten with Mrs. Wallen who is excellent both in skill as a teacher but also in communication. Every year they ask parents to fill out a survey and every year I request that some type of syllabus for each class be provided, that has yet to happen. I also ask for some type of feed back as to how my children are in class; do they participate, are the respectful, do they complete things in a reasonable amount of time, ect. Teachers at Eagleridge are not very good at communication ( with the exception of Mrs. Wallen) and I have to make a point to catch them after school, before school or email them about my kids to gleam any information. The younger kids bring home unit folders to show their work but the older kids don't that choose their individual classes don't. The school rating is not great for Eagleridge because they base this off of test scores. Most parents do not have their children take any standardized tests at Eagleridge and will keep them home those days intentionally. Over all I think that it is the perfect balance for my kids between home-school and public school. Brandi K.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This is a place that serves children that for what ever reason are not in a traditional school.

Develops character: Agree

The teachers are positive and supportive. It is the job of the parents to build character, not the school. These are home-schoolers!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Communication is lacking for most of the teachers and no report cards are issued. This is enrichment not regular school!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They do not have homework. This is for homeschoolers and is strictly enrichment! all core subjects need to be done at home with parents.

Eagleridge is a wonderful homeschool enrichment program! My children are on their 4th year there and we couldn't be happier! We were concerned when the previous principal retired, as she was amazing, but Principal LaMantia has been awesome. He can always be seen around campus talking to the kids and with parents. The teachers are very supportive and always happy to help. And my kids look forward to going every week! We are so happy to live close to this awesome program as it really helps round out the kids' educational experience!

We're in our second year at Eagleridge, and we are very pleased with what they offer - especially the opportunities for our child to participate in band, field trips, group projects, art, etc. We mostly teach "core" subjects at home, but our experiences with classes in creative writing, math, and reading have all been very positive as well. (We have a child who LOVES to write, but didn't really "blossom" in that area until she took a writing class at Eagleridge. I'm forever grateful to Mrs. B. :>) We've found nearly all of the Eagleridge staff to be friendly, helpful, encouraging, and happy to be working there.

This is the 3rd year my kids attend Eagleridge at different levels, this year they'll be in 4th, 3rd, and 1st grade. They all love their teachers, their classes, the environment is great, the staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful. We absolutely love Eagleridge! My only wish is that they were located a little closer to our house, but that's it.

I actually wrote the first review dated August 29, 2013. I received an email from Great Schools about new reviews being left about Eagleridge so I clicked on it out of curiosity. I saw that the most recent reviewer suspected that my review was written by an employee. I'm sorry that the reviewer didn't enjoy their experience but I don't think it's fair to discount ours. To dispel any suspicion I am leaving this follow-up and will leave my name for credibility purposes. I stand by what I wrote in that recent review. I have two children who attend the school and I am not an employee . My daughter has Mrs. V for first grade and she is amazing. My son has 4 different teachers and we are happy with them as well. -Amber Velasquez

I didn't like this school either. Funny how they had to get a new principal. I have a feeling the last two reviews were written by an employee or something. I didn't feel some of the teachers were approachable enough, (only on meet the teacher night) but everyone has different experiences. This school needs some upgrades.

Last modified Eagleridge Enrichment Program is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.