Mesa, AZ

Hawthorne Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2014
A lot of these reviews are old and before this joke of a principal came on board. It's sad when you have legitimate concerns for the safety of your child and all you get from the principal are blank stares. She's awful, and one of the main reasons none of my kids attend this school any longer.

Hawthorne Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2013
I had to change my daughter went it came to talk to the principal Mrs. Montez about my concerns and she did not even show that she listen to me. I was very frustrated.

Posted May 06, 2008
This school is great and I really appreciate going there. I have been going there for 8 years(no I did not stay behind I have been here since pre-k) this is my last year at Hawthorne. Next year I will be going to Poston and I sure will miss this awsome school. I would Like to say goodbye to Mr. Campos( my sixth grade teacher), Mrs. Brienholt, Mrs. Divine, Mrs. Hiemerdinger, Mr. Mackey, Mrs.Mackey, Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Slocome. I Love you guys and thank you so much for teaching me so much info. I couldn't have done it without you! My name is Desirae S. and I Love Hawthorne!!!!!!!!

Posted August 01, 2006
Im really proud of that school for all the kids and the teachersw are all great

Posted May 29, 2006
My son has been going to Hawthrone for three years and he has soared in many ways. I have been very pleased with the school overall.

Posted January 08, 2006
Hawthorne is a family friendly school. The teachers are highly qualified and have caring attitudes towards their students. There are a variety of programs that students can be involved in such as character club, band, orchesta, ELP, student council, drama club, and chorus. The orchesta program is one of the best in the entire district with outstanding participation from students. Hawthorne is in its third successful year as a Reading First school. They focus on getting students at grade level in reading. The goverment funded program starts literacy early in Kindergarten all the way to 3rd grade. The administration is friendly and supportive. If you like a school that is nestled in a quiet neighborhood, with qualified and friendly staff, and family friendly then Hawthorne is for you.

Hawthorne Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2003
Hawthorne teachers are the best I have ever had experience with. The principal used to be on the right track but the changes this past year are really degrading. My children do very well in school, two have straight A's and have received principal awards and one has received a citizenship award. Yet, they were absent for a total of 5 days the entire year (all excused and due to illness) and the office staff sent home a letter entitled 'Do you love your children?' This was extremely unprofessional and degrading. The office staff said it was the principals new policy. I suggest they check the academic and excused absense record of the children before sending such a letter out. My children will not attend this school next year! It is a shame too, because the teachers are excellent. Also, because of this letter they are sending out to families, children who are sick and contageous are being sent to school. My children and several other parents have experienced this with their children, are more sick since these letters began to go out than ever before. I have had to go to the Dr. about 3 times in the past 2 years, and that was for well child checks, and within the past 3 months, our family can't seem to stay out of the Dr. office!

Hawthorne Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2003
We moved our son here at his request after Christmas break. We met with principal, Mrs. Hamilton and she was very professional and answered all my questions and some from my son. She choose a teacher, Mr. Mackay who has been extremely effective with our son.He is back to enjoying school after being at another school for first grade. He is on grade level and learning social skills. We hope to be part of this school for awhile.

Hawthorne Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2003
I have a son who attends Hawthorne Elementary. I would like to be more involved in the school functions, but I rarely get information about parent meetings or any organixations. At the beginning of the school year, I signed my name to the PTO list so they could call me and inform me of things going on but I have only received one call and that was to see if I could work a half hour for the Fall Festival. I don't know if there is even a parent organization in place. Maybe there isn't. Anyhow, the school year is almosst over and I've found other ways to keep busy. Other than that, I am enjoying with my son the experiences he is having at Hawthorne Elementary.

Posted March 27, 2003
execellent school excellent staff

Hawthorne Elementary School
630 North Hunt Dr, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Hawthorne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top