Bad
Good

Keep your kids far away from Irving. Between the principal (who cares nothing for her students) to the safety concerns...this is the last place you want to trust with your precious child.

For the first time ever my son actually likes coming to school. This school is very helpful to students with special needs or who need accommodations. My son is in Mr. Holmes class (whom I recommend, especially for boys) and comes home happy every day with tales to tell and a wealth of knowledge learned. The Principal and most teachers I have met at Irving are wonderful. I would highly recommend!

I love how they encourage the students to challenge the principal. Both of my two kids attend Irving and they love it. It's one of the best and organized school I have seen in a while. Small but very challenging for the kids.

I love this school! All 3 of my children have been here since kindergarten. All have had amazing teachers and do very well academically. Above their grade level. They have a new principal who is very involved with the parents and addresses parents concerns very quickly. She's very approachable and the office staff is great!

My children have been here since Kindergarten, my oldest now in 6th. She has loved every teacher here. My others have also loved their teachers. They help them work to their full potential. The office staff always helps me with my questions and the principal is always involved and willing to answer questions and address concerns one might have as a parent. I am very pleased with this school so much that my children are here on a boundary exception.

The school pricipal is very set in her ways and works inside the box when it comes to the kids and parent issues. I feel that the school is at or below average in academics and that some of the teachers can only teach to the children that get it. They have no plan in place to help the children who need extra guidance. My 3rd child is there now and I would not recommend this school to anyone.

My son attended Irving and had his very best academic experiences. He started there in 3rd grade and had excellent teachers every year since. The teachers were very approachable and seemed to have my child's best interest at heart.

I have 2 children at Irving and so far neither of them has gotten a decent teacher. There is no communication what so ever. The are so many safety issues there is not enough room to list them. And the child drop off is a joke. I will definitely be switching schools.

Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.