Posted August 22, 2014
BIG CHANGES underway at MacArthur, The NEW principal seems to be very much about his staff & students(180 deg. turn around). The uneasiness and tension that was evident over the last couple years from the staff will without doubt rebound because those who were able be make it the last three years as very good teachers, may now be the Great teachers they are. Like their mascot no trail ponies here, Mustang spirit bruised never broken is a win for everybody, especially the kiddos. A previous post mentioned how well the former principal ran the school, There was little doubt who was in charge(not entirely bad), intimidation only works if you let it, she might have mellowed slightly by the end of 2013, the writing on the wall was clear on her future. Her sliding scale of discipline at best was baffling and lacked any consistency, rational or hint of fairness, accountability for good behavior? WHAT? I have Faith in the new administrators competence, his faculties ability to be the best in the district and its students potential for greatness

MacArthur Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
This school has gone down to a 7 I wonder what's going on and a lot of teachers has left the school and a lot of students have move to other schools too.

Posted July 09, 2013
The best part about MacArthur is the active neighborhood support. I have also found the faculty to be very friendly.

Posted June 14, 2013
My three children have, overall, had excellent experiences at MacArthur as they have attended over the last seven years. They have loved all of their teachers and have appreciated being involved in orchestra, band, student council, the spelling bee, after-school tutoring from a teacher, the Gifted and Talented program (formerly extended learning), Battle of the Books, a bi-annual Carnival, after-school gymnastics, an after-school Spanish Club, and many other school activities. My kids have made friends from a variety of backgrounds (religious, socio-economic, ethnic). The current principal is working hard with teachers to raise the bar academically as they implement the Common Core standards. We are happy to have had the pleasure of getting to know many fine, down-to-earth families in this caring and involved community.

Posted May 31, 2013
I have 3 children at MacArthur. The teachers are focused, and they truly love my children. This school has helped my son's self esteem. One gifted child was given the support he needed while another child received additional reading teaching instruction. Lesson plans are personalized.

Posted May 31, 2013
I am a parent and an educator at a high school. I love this school. I couldn't understand why the school had a previous poor ratings until I looked at the dates! (Some of those poor ratings are from 2006.) Notheless, I will proudly continue to send my kids here.

Posted May 31, 2013
This school is the epitome of community. Teachers are from the area and take "ownership" of the school. They have creative teaching techniques. I really like MacArthur!

Posted May 29, 2013
MacArthur is located in a clean, well kept, family oriented neighborhood with awesome families. I read some of the earlier reviews about MacArthur in 2006-09, that is not at all the MacArthur that we have experienced. There is diversity of beliefs, politics, finances and race. I would be heart broken if my child with held friendship because of any of those reasons. Many of my daughters friends have completely different backgrounds, but there is one common belief among most of the families here, it is that community, family and our children are the priority. The teachers are amazing and enthusiastic and they along with the families are the reason that this school is successful.

Posted May 28, 2013
MacArthur is an excellent school with excellent teachers. I have three children who currently attend MacArthur (5th, 3rd, and 1st grade), and have been happy with every teacher they have had over the years. My children have been happy as well. They look forward to school and the friends and teachers they get to interact with every day. MacArthur is a great school.

Posted May 28, 2013
the school is well run. The principle is very focused on academic rigor. the principle has done a good job of fairly holding kids accountable for good behavior.

MacArthur Elementary School
1435 E McLellan, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified MacArthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
MacArthur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.