Mesa, AZ
Students enrolled: 3,411

Mesa High School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
Up until this year I was please with this school. Don't get me wrong this school has a number of fantastic teachers and a few not so good of teachers. Mostly I have been very unimpressed with the office staff over the past few years and really this year. The office staff looks at the whole student body instead of the individual student. As a parent I want my child to learn and grow but I also want them to enjoy this experience so that they continue to love school. Some of the new staff (vice principle) seems to be like so many other egotistical women in the work force. Moving up the career ladder. Not really trying to solve problems, but rather enforce the rules by the book where there has been give and take in the past. I have had children at this school for eighteen years. This years registration with all of the new changes has been a paper pushing nightmare. It has been so inefficient that students aren't getting the classes they want when school started and the staff isn't willing to help you. I am so glad that I'm not a student at this school and that my youngest is a senior this year so that I don't have to deal with the office staff another year.

Posted January 15, 2011
Mesa HIgh is the best school around!! Students accept anyone that comes there way. Even though..we are a VERY diverse school. BUT its awesome because that is how the real world is. The spirit is great too.... I wear my Mesa High shirts with pride-anywhere I go. The school dances are bomb. Stuco is amazing and puts SO much effort into everything the school is involved in. Everyone is happy and has a great day. I suggest everyone goes to Mesa! You WILL love it. LIke I do. (:

Posted September 23, 2010
Mesa High is amazing! A school couldn't get anymore diverse, and yet the students are so accepting of each other! There is also an incredible amount of spirit and tradition along with A TON of clubs and other activities, which most of the students are excited to get involved in. The assemblies and events that the student council put so much effort into are magnificent! The fine arts department is awesome, athletics are awesome, the faculty is awesome...basically, let your child go here. I am a proud alumni, and I fell in love with Mesa High. I'm sure your child will, too.

Posted November 30, 2009
Communications are entirely lacking, can't get anyone on phone to discuss issues, When going to superintendant issues are not dealt with, saying they 'talked about it' like that is a fix to problem. While many teachers are great and go above and beyond, other teachers are inept and the administration does nothing to fix the problems. Over 1/2 of student body sat in courtyard and lobby 1st 2 days of school, due to scheduling issues. Teachers constantly complain they lose teaching days, yet admin would not come in a few days prior to deal with issues to keep situation from happening. They don't respond to phone calls. Students on special programs left stranded with no transportation, school calls telling you your child is skipping, after validating and verifying with teachers it takes me driving to school, taking principal to class... where my child is sitting! Tip of iceberg!

Posted November 19, 2009
I was very iffe about sending my child to Mesa High because I heard it was a 'ghetto', and it had alot of gangs in the school. I was very satisfied 100% with this school. The kids are amzing and very respectful. The teachers are very good teacher's and have taught my son everything he is going to need to succeed in life. I love Mesa High! It is definitly the best school in Arizona! I am a very proud mother.

Mesa High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
MSH is a great the staff and people are great! Ive been to Mesa all 3yrs and let me tell you its the best school every!! Everyone is awesome and the education is great! The principal is awesome! He talks to all the studens just to know who they are and where they came from!! Hes the first principal ive ever meet who did that!! I will always be a JackRabbit at heart!! CARRY ON MESA HIGH!

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted August 05, 2009
This school has highly qualified staff and have high standards that prepare young adults. The instructors are amazing and getting an education here is beneficial to the future. Sports and activities at Mesa High are excellent and advancing.

Posted August 05, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009

Mesa High School
1630 East Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Mesa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top