Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My family loves Oakwood! The teachers and staff are excellent! My son's love the principle.

Awesome staff, parent participation and great kids! My daughter just finished 1st grade and she has learned so much this year!

Oakwood remains at the top of all the Peoria schools even with a very high variance rate! Expectations have not changed! Parents that were students at Oakwood being their children back to attend Oakwood as well! Teachers send their own children there too! What a great testimony to Oakwood and their staff!

The staff, teachers, and volunteers treat your child like their child. The love and appreciation of the children and volunteers is shown on a large way. My child has been here since kinder she is now in the 3rd grade. We drive 30 min round trip to bring her here every year

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They do not move ahead until they know your child is ready and caught up. Which is a delicate balance since they dont want the kids who have it down to feel like they are moving too slow.

Amount of homework: Agree

The kids of course think its a lot, but for my child it keeps her ahead and focused.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Oakwood has an open door policy. They want parents and children to feel comfortable. They have a zero tolerance for bullying and a high tolerance for understanding. No 2 cases are alike and they strive to get to the bottom of issues and resolve them creating strong bonds between students.

Good teachers, nice campus, great principal. My 5th grader does get bullied a little bit but that can happen at any school. I hate the school's website. None of it ever gets updated and you can't find out anything about the school without a tour. My problem with this school is that there is nothing really special about it. No fun after school programs ( just hanging out in am/pm) No girl scouts clubs. ( My girls had to quit when we started here). They do not have free full day kindergarten ( none of Peoria public schools do). This school has less hands on learning and less field trips than any school I have known. It is possible that the school is just too busy with common core to really be able to make it much fun. Is it a good school? Yes. I am just bummed that I don't love it.

Although I am not as involved as I wish I could be, I find the access that is online to be great! It is nice to be able to help my grand daughter when she is here with her homework by using the homework help ability! really good idea!

Oakwood Elementary. My nephew goes to school there and is in the 3rd grade. He says that he loves his school. He likes how well the kids behave but said that you have to be careful because sometimes kids tease each other. I am not a parent there, but I love him very much and think maybe he was referring to himself. Please be watchful of this because at this young age children can be so damaged.

Last modified Oakwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.