Posted June 23, 2014
Another year has come and gone! I have lived through administrators changing, grade level teachers leaving or changing and everything else that goes on at a public school! Oakwood never seizes to amaze me in how they handle the stress of change! They don't miss a beat! Mr. Duguid and Mrs. Bagwell lead with love and understanding! They connect with the teachers, students and the parents ! I know this is not common at other schools ! I am so greatful every time they renew my children's variances ! We couldn't have picked a better student oriented place than Oakwood! We are blessed!

Posted February 09, 2014
Although I am not as involved as I wish I could be, I find the access that is online to be great! It is nice to be able to help my grand daughter when she is here with her homework by using the homework help ability! really good idea!

Posted August 01, 2013
Standout staff, involved parents and great study body with increasing diversity. Couldn't ask for more in an elementary school!

Posted August 29, 2012
So far, so good. Our son started 2nd grade here last year. We live two miles away and other schools are closer. We chose this one, based on performance, when we moved to the area and we have not been disappointed. We have daily email communication with the teacher (just like last year) and the parent involvement is what helps the school be a success. Its about the people that are Oakwood. And we have nothing but good things to say, even after Principal Bower was promoted to High School. The systems are proven, if the parents stay involved too.

Oakwood Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2012
After 4 children graduating from this school with great success, sadly we will be taking our last two out and looking for another school next year. They have lost my trust this year . The communication has been horrible and when brought to the principals attention, we were left in the dark. We went over half the year without a report card for my daughter and her iep had to increase with time for next year as she actuarially lost reading skills from the year before. We are very disappointed with our daughters education this year and feel she has lost a year because of the staff at Oakwood.

Posted September 13, 2011
Read the unhappy post, shocked as well, dont move to Texas,Spring area and other schools are horrid!!!! My kids loved Oakwood never had a problem there have, always compared other schools to this one and none came close to being a wonderful school. We want to move back just so my kids can go to Oakwood. Crazy, I am totally surprised about those comments, hope to God they can fix things, we so depend on our schools and loving teachers and staff, that have always been at Oakwood. Our family misses everyone at Oakwood, thankyou for giving my children some wonderful memories, they always say, they wish we could move back to AZ,they miss school there!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 28, 2011
I absolutely love this school. We are on a variance like alot of the students who go here. We are happy to drive to get such a great education. I read the comment posted last week and I think how anybody could feel this way about this school is unbelievable. . My children have wonderful friends, teachers and Mr. Bower is the BEST. We love it at Oakwood! It is truly an A+ Excelling School!

Oakwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2011
Wow! I was very excited that we lived in the neighborhood of a school that was rated a "9". Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of this. My daughter started half-day kindergarten. They only had one option for a teacher. She doesn't communicate with the parents AT ALL! After two weeks, the only thing my child learned was different ways that a teacher tells a kid to shut up. She made them sit on the hot pavement while she walked the kids to their cars. Classroom was way across campus from the other kindergarten classrooms. Talked to Principal Bower about kid not liking her teacher and he GOT IN HER FACE AND CALLED HER MANIPULATIVE! TO A 5 YEAR OLD! VERY DISAPPOINTED! LOOKING FOR NEW SCHOOL ASAP!

Posted January 17, 2011
Still a great school! I look back over all the past comments and Oakwood has been consistent to this day. I have 2 boys that attend Oakwood. One is in second grade and the other in kindergarten (Ms. Penny's Class). My son absolutely loves Miss Penny as do I. I cannot say enough good things about the school. We may have to move soon and pray that I can find a school that gives us what Oakwood has given my boys! The Best!

Posted May 20, 2010
They have great leadership skills and encourage students from worst behavior to the best. They really know how to individualize there students levels of learning and work with every single one of the children. I had an opportunity to volunteer at this school and loved dealing with other parents, principles, office staff and other great teachers. It was an excellent experience and I would volunteer if I could again for this school.

Oakwood Elementary School
12900 N 71st Ave, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Oakwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top