Posted August 14, 2014
While generally not one for writing reviews, I feel it is worth mentioning that as new parents to Happy Valley School this year, my wife and I have found the front office / administrative staff to be exceptionally professional, well organized, and prepared to answer any questions without being rude or curt in any way. To the contrary, we have found them to be quite welcoming and pleasant during this understandably chaotic first week. We are only one week in to the school year, so perhaps judgement would be best reserved for later in the year, but our family's initial impression of this school is quite favorable. The classroom set-up for our first grade daughters appears to allow for an age appropriate level of frolic while sending a subtle yet clear message that while first graders are supposed to have fun, their academic journey is to be respected as an opportunity that many kids across the globe do not enjoy, that character counts, and that they will be held accountable for their effort every bit as much as their results. If presented properly, structure can still be fun. We love this school so far. If we don't post again, then nothing has happened to change our opinion.

Happy Valley School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
We have gone to this school for two full years and I currently have my child on waiting list at other schools. The front office staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. They make up rules as they go along and most are contrary to what is in their handbook. I don't recommend this school due to the front office staff!

Posted May 22, 2014
Happy Valley is a terrific school. My child is getting an excellent education!! She has had a fantastic year in first grade! Her teacher was firm, yet caring. I highly recommend this school!!

Posted May 20, 2014
I am disappointed on the rules and it's much like a military school. I will not be sending my son back to this school . I Gave Happy valley second chance already after kindergarten and my son was treated poorly again in 1st grade this year. I felt they focused everything he did wrong and never mentioned what he was doing right. They gave him laps all the time and he missed recess time a lot . He got into trouble for small things like stepping out of line to get a drink of wAter and playing in the bathroom. He felt like he couldn't move around at all . He was singled out a few times in the class room as well and his desk was put by himself so he wouldn't bother any other students. I just don't think he fits their mold.

Posted May 17, 2014
For those that are "shocked" by the bad reviews, get real. Having an unrealistic curriculum, screening students to ensure test scores stay high, and then having teachers who are so harsh they make your child come home crying every night is NOT the sign of a high quality school. As an educator of over 25 years, I was shocked to see what my first grader was bringing home. Some of the uneducated parents here who think that having your precious child complete work that is not developmentally appropriate is somehow good for them is laughable. That's not good education. That's pandering to parents who don't know any better. And I agree with the other reviews, why is the office staff so rude??? My child has since enrolled in one of the best school districts in the state in Litchfield Park and is thriving. No more feeling overwhelmed. No more teachers who make the kids walk laps at recess if they incorrectly solve a math problem. No more ridiculous parents who think school is a race and their kid better being doing trig in 2nd grade or they wont get into Harvard. Stay far away from this school, if your child's well being means anything to you.

Posted April 22, 2014
HVS is an excellent school and is consistently ranked as one of the top elementary schools in the state of Arizona. If you want the most out of your child s education, then I would highly recommend applying to Happy Valley School.

Happy Valley School 3

Posted April 22, 2014
I had high hopes for this school when our oldest daughter started at HVC. I am a college educated parent who choose to become a stay at home mom to our three girls. The office staff was awful towards me from the first phone call and only became worse every time I went in. I was treated like I didn't understand what was best for my own children because I had on my mom clothes (which do not have designer labels). My oldest daughter is very bright and well behaved, she thrived under the structure of the school; however my middle daughter while very bright has showed signs of ADHD. We pulled our oldest daughter after kindergarten due to the treatment of some other children with diagnosed medical conditions and am very happy we did. Our oldest in now in second grade and our middle does have ADHD but is receiving the support she needs through our new school of choice. I believe the curriculum at HVC is outstanding but the treatment of parents and CHILDREN who do not fit into the mold they like is deplorable.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is one of the best schools in the area, by far. I have 2 kids that have attended there for the past 7 years and I think they do a marvelous job teaching our children. Their academics are very high and they have no discipline issues like other schools in the area. I would recommend this school highly and wish that it went through the 8th grade so that my kids could continue going there. It's hard to believe that some people have given it low scores...I just can't seem to think of anything that they could do different to improve this school. The staff is great and I can't tell you how much my children have learned. Going to other schools, they seem to be ahead of everyone else.

Posted December 17, 2013
This school is an amazing place for kids to learn. I have 4 children who have attended here. 2 are currently still there and 2 have moved on to Basis. They were very well prepared for the next step at basis. Not why the negative reviews but I highly disagree. These children are getting a private school education for free. They are taught at least 1 year above the public schools, are taught about morals and patriotism. This is an amazing school ignore all the negative nellies out there

Posted December 17, 2013
Horrible school. Their test scores are not real. They only del your child to take tests. They do not teach. The principal is a horrible person. The teachers all have tremendous attitude problems. If your child would Excel in any school they might fit in here. They certainly do not empower and educate. Just fed smart kids things to memorize.

Happy Valley School
7140 W. Happy Valley Road, Peoria, AZ  85383
Last modified Happy Valley School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Happy Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 119 reviews.