Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

They are TERRIBLE at communication!!! You can email OR call and you will not hear back from them!!! The teachers always tell you "check parent view for updates".... But there have been no grades put in in 2 weeks!!! There are no agendas so it's not like I can check that. The front desk ladies are NOT friendly. And do not think for one second your kids are safe.... ANYONE can go pick up your kid... They do not check Id's or ask any questions except (who's class is the student in) Also; the school does not even do anything for the kids working their butts off to get on honor roll (which I am pretty sure is what makes this a "Great School". I wish I would have done more research before sending my kids here. If would not have written this review had the principal returned my call. But maybe if he reads this he will call me so I can discuss my concerns with him... Like I said in my voice mail I left him 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

We've had a great experience at this school. The teachers and staff are always so friendly and helpful. I am amazed by how much my child has learned and grown at this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Coyote Hills has Character Assemblies that are amazing! The teachers promote the character trait of the month and then choose a Student of the Month who typically displays that trait.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers seem to really care about the students. They want them to be successful.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework tends to go in phases. Sometimes there is hardly any, while other times it seems like a lot. But most of the time, the homework given is a reasonable amount.

I would recommend Coyote Hills to anyone. They have high academic and behavior expectations. The teachers go above and beyond to help the kids to be successful.

Develops character: Neutral

Im not sure I am unaware of how all the students feel and are developing.

Great baseball field all redone with lights sand backstop and plenty of green. Very nice campus.

My child is in Kindergarten. My husband & I have been extremely disappointed in the Schools lack of communication with us. Half way through the school year they have decided to send home homework 4 nights a week & then test them on the homework every Friday. This has stressed my 5 year old out. It has really changed the way my child feels about school. I don't mind the homework because I feel it's the only way I actually know what my child is working on. 4 nights of homework & a test every Friday is a little much. I don't understand why they didn't start giving it out at the beginning of the school year like they said they were going to. I have tried volunteering in my child's class. But apparently my child's teacher only wants volunteers that can commit to volunteering every week. They require your child to write using the Spalding method & that method only. That has been challenging for my child because they have been writing the alphabet since they were 3 but apparently the "wrong" way. We have met with my child's teacher to discuss our concerns only to walk away from the meeting felling like we are more out of the loop than we even thought.

Coyote Hills is a great place for kids. My child is treated with respect by ALL staff as well as his peers. I have high expectations for my child and hold him accountable for his behavior and academics. From what I've seen, QUALITY parenting and open communication with the staff leads to children having a positive relationship with staff members and a positive experience in school.

Last modified Coyote Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.