K-8 & Ungraded
Peoria, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,247

Coyote Hills Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2014
Coyote Hills is a great place for kids. My child is treated with respect by ALL staff as well as his peers. I have high expectations for my child and hold him accountable for his behavior and academics. From what I've seen, QUALITY parenting and open communication with the staff leads to children having a positive relationship with staff members and a positive experience in school.

Posted November 18, 2014
I have 2 children who have attended Coyote Hills for the last 6 years. I absolutely love the staff at this school and think they are amazing to all staff, parents and students, Peoria Traditional included.

Coyote Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
So disappointed in our school. We have had Peoria Traditional School move into our building, which is not been any issue at all. It really saddens me when I hear and see the some staff of Coyote Hills (some cafeteria, both librarians, some teachers & administrators) speaking and acting rude to the staff, students and parents of Peoria Traditional. I was always proud of our school, this really upsets me, We are all one district, why the dislike for another school.

Posted May 23, 2014
A child and parent approached the main office to report a valid threat from a student to stab another student. When the Principal, Vice Principle were not available the parent was told "Can it wait until tomorrow." Imagine that.! Sounds like a great school to me. My son and I are now looking to move from this crazy school. We have had problems on the bus with bullying and now to hear this... enough is enough.

Posted May 18, 2014
I have two children at Coyote Hills and couldn't be more thrilled. They are challenged academically and love going to school. Their classroom teachers communicate frequently and provide many opportunities for parent involvement. The administrators know my children by name and greet them frequently. There have been cuts in this district the last few years (change in the gifted program, less support staff, etc.) but that is a state funding issue. I think Coyote Hills does a great job considering they have fewer dollars to work with each year.

Posted September 13, 2013
Coyote hills have amazing teachers like mrs heddings mrs wage mrs demaree and mrs farrow

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is absolutely horrible i am in 8th grade and have gone here for 3 years 6th and 7th were amazing but 8th grade is horrible The science teacher honestly wastes about 15~25 minutes out of the 45 alloted telling us about his personal stories in which we gain 0 academic experience in civics the teachers is sorta border lining funny and annoying he is alright though too many jokes and Daddy/Daughter stories The Language/Reading Teacher is ok but the Math class is the absolute worth you are lucky to go 5 minutes before she sends someone outside to miss out on a whole lesson which then affects them academically. She has also got a very annoying lisp and an anger problem she is always putting us down and yelling at the majority of the class about a single problem that we all got right except a few people. I am glad for high school because I could not have survived another year their.

Posted February 10, 2013
Enrolled my child here on a varience and I am very pleased with the school, and have been since I first stepped onto campus. The front office staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The school principal personally called me about volunteering, and my child's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bennett is remarkable! I am a teacher myself and have very high expectations about where my child goes to school and Coyote Hills has meet them in cirriculum, instruction and school policy.

Posted November 28, 2012
I feel sorry for some of the teachers are very dedicated. Others at this school I would not leave them in charge of my cat. I am sorry the Peoria School Distric supports these kind of people it is a HUGE problem as our kids are learning manipulation instead of character as the posters in the school claim to be important.

Coyote Hills Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2012
Last year my oldest son had three teachers! A long term sub at the beginning while the "teacher of record" was on maternity leave from the summer. She returned in November and stayed until Christmas break never to return. Rather then bring back the original sub they hired another who changed everything. This year we noticed that each class had 34+ students. I asked Mr. Guiliford, assistant principal, if they were going to hire another teacher. He said they may. I asked him if they had a plan to not displace all those kids who had three different teachers the prior year and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. After some reminding he said that they would take that into account. I asked him to please not move my son as I did not want him to have another year with multiple teacher. Guess what... My son has his second teacher this school year along with may of the same kids and they knew about it before we did because Guiliford's son told them. It's easy to say just switch schools, but this is my neighborhood school and my kids have friends here. It's not right to just pick them up and move them. What responsibility does the school have?

Coyote Hills Elementary School
21180 North 87th Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Coyote Hills Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top