Country Meadows Elementary School

Public | PK-8 & ungraded

Posted August 27, 2014

My daughter started kindergarten at Country Meadows this year. It's not even a full month into the school year and I am already pulling her out. She has an IEP for speach and yesterday she was placed on the wrong bus home. I was never informed by the school about what was going on, it was my 13 year old son that contacted me. When I got to the front office I could hear one of the office staff telling to assure me that everything was fine and they had finally found her on a different bus. I was very upset I began to yell when they had a police officer approach me to tell me there were laws against my behavior. My response was what about the lsws against loosing a child. Not once did we receive an apology for what happened and the follow up phone call I was supposed to receive from her teacher (the one who put her on the wrong bus in the first place) never came. The response I got from the the staff and principal was well these things happen. My child wasn't the only one put on the wrong bus that day. If you aren't concerned with the safety of your child by all means Country Meadows is the school for you.

Posted August 14, 2014

I find it very difficult to give this school, Country Meadows Elementary, any star rating. My student was treated very poorly. For my student it began on meet the teacher, then when school started the teacher was very mean and uncaring toward my student. She was even rude to myself at parent teacher conference. When the teacher started to ignore notes from my students doctor, I brought this to the principles attention, and when the teacher was spoken too, things got worse for my student. My student had to see the doctor more often then normal. My student ended up developing severe stomach issues. I ended up removing my student from this school, it's a shame when a student is told they are not allowed to go to the nurse and then the student gets sick in the trash can and in front of all to see. Also I didn't realize that a student of age 11 is able to sign a legal document from the truancy officer without a parent present. If that's the case what do you need a for, why not just let the student sign all paperwork and make all of their own decisions, if they can sign a paper that gives them a juvenile record what do they need parents for?

Posted September 10, 2013

This school is helpful and on top of things. My son is enrolled this year. He is starting 4th grade. His is special needs and the teachers are very helpful and adaptable.

Posted January 15, 2013

This is an awesome school All of the staff has been wonderful. Thank u Country Meadows for all ur staff and everything they do.

Posted November 1, 2012

Run do not walk your children away from this school. If you ask around to other schools in the area, or do your research you will find this school has a horrible track record of unsatisfied parents, bullying, and outright lack of education or proper administration period.

Posted September 8, 2012

My experience with Country Meadows Elementary School has been excellent! Every staff member I have encountered, especially the principals and office staff, have been wonderfully supportive and genuinely caring about the academic and personal success of their students. Their commitment to improvement and the overall quality of their school environment has been inspiring and I look eagerly forward to all future collaborations!

Posted October 7, 2011

My daughter started attending country meadows in kinder and is now in the 2nd grade. I heard some not so nice things about the school but decided that I would see for myself if I like the school. Obviosly it's going well because my daughter is still attending! There is always room for improvement but my daughter has been blessed with amazing teachers like mrs. Miller and as long as that continues I will keep her here!

Posted September 12, 2011

I hate to rate this so low. The teachers have been great. But It seems my child is not being challenged at all. I know what my child is capable of, but I am not sure that the teachers are prepared to really push the children. For example, there should be a lot more science and technology taught, this could help improve math scores. I am not a teacher.. But I know that for a fact. The homework that my child brings home...really only takes 2 minutes to complete. And its with very little help. I know my child can do more, and would if challenged. I am giving the teacher a few months to notice my child's strength, if I don't see progression, I will need to take him from this school, and try another school. Especially in science and technology. My child wants to be a scientist, and I want to do what I can as a parent to aid that. Again, the teachers are nice, and so is the staff. But I don't think the quality of education is where it needs to be. One year, they didn't even send homework home, because they were trying to cut cost by not printing as much paper.... All I could really say is...seriously? I can send paper. I really don't want to transfer my child, but may need to.

Posted July 8, 2010

My daughter has attended Country Meadows for the last 7 years. I know a majority of the staff there personally, and I can honestly say that they are some of the most dedicated, hardworking individuals I have ever met. They truly care about all the students that attend this school. Having said that, Country Meadows houses one of the largest student populations in the state (I believe they are #2). Its large school status presents a unique set of challenges that other schools don't have. This coupled with the fact that many students who attend Country Meadows come from low socioeconomic levels, may contribute to the school recieving the derogatory label "Country Ghettos". I believe this is an unfair characterization of the wonderful staff and students. My suggestion is GET INVOLVED! Become part of the solution, not the problem. Build up instead of tearing down. Isn't your child's education worth It?

Posted May 17, 2010

This school has excellent teachers and know how to teach. I loved when i went there. I'd recomment this school to anyone.

Posted January 12, 2010

Great Staff, and parents who volunteer routinely to enrich our student's lives

Posted November 29, 2009

This school is so bad that we moved out of state so that our child could get a real education.

Posted October 29, 2009

I definately dont agree with the reviews below me. They are parents that arent attending Country Meadows. I know Country Meadows is a Great school and people are mistaking it for 'Ghetto Meadows' which is not at all true! It has great teachers, academics, and best of all spirit. I would recomened this school to anyone available to go. (:
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 13, 2009

Where to start.....from the sorry administration's lack of discipline, to the endless stream of quality teachers who run screamining from the campus after a year of trying to get through to the most pathetically ignorant & disrespectfull studunt body I've ever come across - this school is a complete failure! Country Meadows has become the dumping ground for the Peoria districts trash students. Parental involvement & suppport is completely absent both on campus & in the community which has unfortunately taken it's toll on the school & the handfull of respectable students that are left there. If there was a negative rating available, that's what I'd give Country Meadow's Elementary School........it's administration, it's faculty, the student's & their parents! If you're looking for a school capable of providing your child with a quality education in a safe learning enviornment, then look elsewhere!

Posted January 7, 2009

I have two daughters, one started at Country Meadows when it was first built, she was in 4th grade. It started out as a great school, Mr. Rodriquez seemed plugged in and both Mya's Dad and I were pleased with the teachers as well. Then I enrolled my second daugther into Kindergarten when our older daughter was in 6th grade,but I started noticing around 2006 that the office staff was getting lax with attentiveness, and professionalism. I sensed a growing deterioration with the kids that were getting enrolled and attending Country Meadows, trouble makers, bully's, thieves and taggers. The school was being called 'Ghetto Meadows' by other schools. Mr. Rodriquez was severely lacking in leadership. My kindergardener is now in 8th grade. Dr. Graziano has taken over and with his no nonsense approach, I think this school has a fighting chance of coming back to its early day glory.

Posted October 8, 2008

I do like the teachers at Country Meadows, however I don't feel my children are getting the best education. Unfortunately there are so many hispanic students with non English speaking parents and they get most of the attention. I'm not impressed with the office staff. They tend to ignore you. And I'm extremely glad Rodriguez is gone. I think he was a horrible principal. I only hope they get someone in there that actually cares about the students!

Posted July 25, 2008

Teacher turnover is the highest in the district! Principal is not involved and very hard to reach. School is overcrowded and district drags their feet in solving the problem.

Posted May 28, 2008

My daughter has attended this school for the past 3 years, K-2. I totally agree with the other parents on this site who say that he principal is totally uninvolved and ignores the parents. He is impossible to reach and will not return phone calls. Teachers are the bottom of barrel and even if they were decent teachers, they would be simply overwhelmed by the sheer mass of children they have to deal with. If your child is even slightly above average in intelligence and performance, I urge you to switch schools immediately. This school completely teaches to the lowest common denominator and any child above that level should leave this school and never look back.

Posted May 19, 2008

Well my son has been there for three years now very impressed with all that he has learned and very disappointed that we have to move his schools , we are moving will be missed!

Posted May 12, 2008

Country Meadows is one of Peoria's 'mega-schools' which comes with some challenges. There are a lot of students, but I have been very, very pleased with the education K-3. The staff members are dedicated and classroom management has been good. I would like to see more leadership and communication from the aministration.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 66%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Fax number
  • (623) 412-5207

Staff resources available to students
  • Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options