Posted November 17, 2014
My daughter didnt get any help from teachers for math, she attended multiple tutoring sessions and still could not grasp the curiculum. She also ran into many problems with the administration and guidance councelors when trying to figure out schedules, credits etc.

Posted October 27, 2014
I have had three children attend this school. My oldest daughter started the first year the school opened. We have had nothing but positive experiences through all our years of experience at Liberty. The staff and teachers are excellent and very nice. My girls have always been able to get extra help with subjects when needed. They love this school! My older two daughters have gone back to visit teachers and other staff because they enjoyed their experiences at Liberty so much. Liberty is a top school in my opinion!

Liberty High School 4

Posted January 07, 2013
My kids love their school. Bookstore and attendance staff very nice. No complaints yet. Looked at several potential campuses and we're happy we chose LIberty.

Posted October 28, 2011
Kudos to the new principal at Liberty! I have seen many positive changes overnight, such as mailings home, a school facebook page and the amazing Excelling A celebration that included the entire student body. WOW!

Posted February 03, 2011
Liberty is an Amazing School! Liberty has figured out the secret to making our children successful!

Posted January 31, 2011
Horrible experience at this school. My special-needs son spent almost two years here. Some of the teachers are very helpful, caring and supportive; others are not at all. Principal is not genuine, towing the district line instead of being there for the kids, especially special-needs students. DO NOT SEND YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS TO THIS SCHOOL! IEP staff are NOT well-versed in IDEA law and will take advantage if you don't know what to ask for. If you want your kid to grow up fast by exposing them to excessive inappropriate behaviors within the student body, this is the school to bring them to. My son came home after the first week and said, "There are SO MANY bisexual and lesbian girls at this school." SERIOUSLY?!! Yes. How would a 14-year-old know this? Because it's tolerated. Students making out in hallways is not uncommon, and the majority of the staff do nothing. However, any other incident, (even a minor one) will be noticed and sent to the principal.

Posted January 19, 2011
We researched high schools in the west valley for two years before our son went into high school and continue to keep tabs on the different schools in the west valley. The result of hours and hours of research is that Liberty is the top high school in the west valley. They probably have set new state records for achieving the most awards and accomplishments (academic and athletic) in the shortest time ever. I'm an AZ native and have never heard of a school accomplishing the things that Liberty has accomplished in such a short time. You'll notice that just about all of the negative reviews on this site are about kids who struggle to keep up. Our son was easily a straight A, honors student in the Dysart School District, but had a rude awakening when he started at Liberty. He has still been able to maintain that honors status, but it has required 10 times more effort than he ever had to put out before. If your child is not willing (or able) to put out that level of effort, Liberty High School is probably not for you. If you want the best of the best of academics and athletics, you will get that at Liberty.

Posted November 28, 2010
I can't wait until my child graduates from this school. She has had to retake math class in 9th and 10thgrade even after going to tutoring. She just didn't get somethings and when she would ask for help the teacher would tell her to pay attention, which would frustrate her because she was but she still didn't understand. In fact I had contacted one of her math teachers and when i asked him his class average, oh my god he started screaming at me telling me it was none of my business and I told him it is my business because my child is in your class and given the fact that on the weekly reports he use to have the class everage which was a D at that time and I noticed he quit putting the class average on his reports that's why i had asked. I will deal with him through the district after she graduates.

Posted May 08, 2010
The teachers are not open to tutoring, the football program gets all the attention, students grades are not equal with regards for qualifying for after school events. A student can play football with a D, but for a student to be in drama they must have a 3.0

Liberty High School 3

Posted November 15, 2009

Liberty High School
9621 W. Speckled Gecko Drive, Peoria, AZ  85383
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top