Nevitt Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 662 students

Posted May 29, 2014

My child has been at Nevitt since kindergarten. The teachers are great and very involved with the students, I have seen a tremendous growth in my child over the years while attending Nevitt. The principal is also great and very attentive to the students, always concerned about their well being. I highly recommend Nevitt to anyone who is looking for a great school.

Posted May 28, 2014

I love this school, the teachers are so fun and great! The one thing I really disliked was the lack of safety precautions. Too many times they had no idea who picked up my child, its like anyone can walk up? I recommend a signing in and out sheet for the pre k and the kindergarteners

Posted March 1, 2010

My child has been attending Nevitt since kinder and it has been the best experience for her. We have had no problems what so ever!! The teachers at Nevitt are amazing and truly care for their kids. I would absolutely reccommend Nevitt to anyone!

Posted May 4, 2009

I am very happy with this school. My 3 kids have been going here since kinder. I love all the staff especially the teachers and office staff. I have had no complains at all.

Posted June 4, 2007

I have a kindergarten student and first grader. Their teachers have been great! My only concerns were safety and lack of diversity. There were many bullies at that school and my daughter had a hard time making friends. She thought that if she learned spanish like the other kids, that she would have more friends. Also, parking is a problem. It was very difficult to pick up my kids after school.

Posted August 22, 2005

My three boys are now at Gilliland and only my daughter remains at Nevitt. I think Nevitt is a wonderful place for children to grow and learn. The teachers are hard working and dedicated to our children. The entire staff works together to insure that our children grow in everyway imaginable. They teach self respect and respect for others. My children developed a love for music and now each of my boys play the violen. The school nurse has become my friend and I have seen how she goes out of her way to help students and parents alike. I have always been welcomed on to the Nevitt campus and I have to tell you that I feel that my children could not have become the wonderful people they are now, without the help of each and every staff member at Nevitt School.

Posted August 2, 2005

This school was a great asset to my daughter. I was involved 100% in every aspect of her education. They encouraged me to visit and help out in the classroom and the teachers seemed to give more then I would have expected. By being there before and after school, sometime until six or six thirty to meet with me. I am very happy with our experience at Nevitt.

Posted September 28, 2004

I have 3 children who attends Nevitt, my older two started in year 2000, since then we've have grown accustomed and comfortable. The staff is professional, the teachers are wonderful. It was nice to finally see a little more African-Americans there, but I still feel there should be more of a diverse environment. There has been improvements on the playground equipments as well, so hopefully we'll see more positive changes being done.

Posted May 6, 2003

My son attends this school out of district. I've been very happy with this school. The special ed teachers/aides really care about the students and their future. The discipline (SPARK Program) is the best for children with emotional problems. I have nothing but positive things to say for the self-contained classroom. They have been able to teach my son where other schools have failed him (Roosevelt District).

Posted April 29, 2003

My daughter is a first grader attending this school. The school ability groups for reading and math. This assures that children are receiving instruction at the proper level of difficulty. I appreciate this because my daughter reads above grade level while many of the students read below grade level because they come from Spanish speaking homes. The instruction is excellent at this school. Scores have improved thanks to hard work from the teachers at the school. Many of the students are disadvantaged and school is the only constant in their lives. It is a credit to a school that can improve student performance in a disadvantaged population. Not only do the teachers group students but many offer after-school tutoring. Even though my child works above grade level, she is challenged and encouraged to learn.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 58% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2014.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 89%N/A47%

• Dr. JoEtta Gonzales
Fax number
  • (602) 431-6887

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now